worst beating loss to champ? Silva/Franklin or Jones/Rua or Cain/JDS

rashad machida wasn't pretty either

yea multiple knockdowns and a vicious ending

cold ko's like when chuck drilled randy

domination like randy / couture or cain / junior

most vicious ones have been mentioned, rua jones gets the nod for me - that was insane

Nvm, Rua/Jones takes the cake. Unfortunately.

has anyone said Cain/Lesnar? Did Brock land a punch? He did have the Tilt-a-whirl break dance move, but other than that.

I would say Franklin/Silva that was just brutal. It was as if Anderson was just shadow boxing.

EDIT: And Fedor/Nog I was probably up there as well, Fedor just embarrassed Nog.

Last edited:
Mir vs. Nog 1 was a brutal beating if I recall correctly, Nog was holding the interim title at the time.

Arlovski vs Sylvia 1 was nice as well with AA dropping Sylvia then tapping him with an ankle lock.

Jones/Rua

Jones just fucking wrecked Rua.

It's close between Silva/Franklin and Jones/Rua.

On the one hand, Franklin looked legitimately frightened in the clinch, was absolutely decimated, and had to have reconstructive surgery. Coupled with how shocking his defeat was to many viewers, that makes a truly notable domination.

On the other hand, Jones utterly manhandled Shogun, from the flying knee at the start of the fight till Rua's final tapping the mat in defeat. Here was a legend like Shogun, a guy who has been through multiple wars, and he essentially tapped to strikes.

Silva's was more of a quick, scalpel-like devastation, whereas Jones' was a prolonged beating.

I still can't decide.

It's crazy that people would try to mock Shogun for tapping. He tapped after the fight was stopped so I don't see how you can question his heart, he stayed in there as long as he could until the ref stopped it. He could have found a way out much sooner if he really wanted to.

Couture/Belfort 3 could be on the list although I suppose you could argue that doesn't count as Couture should have never lost the belt in the first place.

It's crazy that people would try to mock Shogun for tapping. He tapped after the fight was stopped so I don't see how you can question his heart

Who's mocking him?

And it's disingenuous to argue that he "tapped after the fight was stopped," as if that somehow mitigates he was tapping to strikes. He merely didn't see the ref waiving Jones away, but his intent was clear.

Jones/Rua...Rua seemed like he was practically forced into a cage and tortured for 3 rounds until he just couldn't take it any more.

Who's mocking him?

And it's disingenuous to argue that he "tapped after the fight was stopped," as if that somehow mitigates he was tapping to strikes. He merely didn't see the ref waiving Jones away, but his intent was clear.

The fight wasn't stopped because he quit he fought until the ref stopped it, he stayed in as long as be could.

I have to go with Silva purely due to the fact that he destroyed Franklin quicker than the other options. It wasn't a case of being destroyed with one punch or kick -- Franklin took 5 Rounds of punishment in the space of a little over 1.

Back