worst beating loss to champ? Silva/Franklin or Jones/Rua or Cain/JDS

Franklin/Silva, Anderson pretty much finished him at will, which wasn't the case in your other two examples.

Thinking Franklin... but then Shogun tapped out to strikes.

So I'll go with Jones vs Rua.

Silva/Franklin but Jones/Rua is a close second

Rua vs Jones was a beatdown .. agreed .. but

anyone who hasn't seen Franklin vs Silva 1 .. needs to see it .. to believe it

Nog vs Fedor should be on this list as well .. Sylvia vs Couture

Sonnen/Silva 1

Could Serra vs GSP II be in there? Serra basically quit to body strikes.

For me: 1. Silva-Franklin 2. Jones-Rua 3. GSP-Serra II

All were completely outmatched. JDS at least had a few better moments and fought back to the end without getting finished.

Silva vs Franklin 1
GSP vs Serra 1
Jones vs Rua

Tito - Randy? Not in terms of damage but domination. Was that when Tito lost the belt? Cant think straight with this hangover.......

Usually when you are a champion of the ufc you're there for a reason and if you're going out you're going out with a bang. This wasn't the case for Jones vs Rua or Cain versus Cigano.

What previous champ do you feel was more decimated whilst handing over the throne. Personally I give the edge to Jones because shogun tapped to strikes but Idk...Cain just really beat on JDS from start to end.

I'll nominate Brock Lesnar.

Joe Warren losing his Featherweight Belt (Bellator) to Pat Curran.

4.gif

Joe-Warren.jpg

Jones Rua imo. Rua got finished and before that he was totally dominated. He stuffed no TDs and didn't get back up once.
Yep. This one takes it over AS/Franklin due to the prolonged agony before being finished. It was epic stuff.

Silva Franklin by far. Also because it happened twice. He was even knocked out and saved by the bell only to return in the second round to get knocked out again!

shogun vs Jones. then silva vs franklin
not only brutal beatdowns but those two fights looked flawless compared to JDS vs Cain 2.

Franklin vs Silva is the only real winner here.

This. That was just brutal. Rich went from being the #1 P4P MW in the world to looking like he didn't even belong in the cage. All the fights mentioned were serious dominating beat downs, but Rich looked utterly helpless in there. You almost had to feel bad for him. Especially with the damage done to his nose. Rich has NEVER been the same. He's shown flashes, but hasn't even looked like the #2 guy since.

well, finally Shogun tapped to strikes...

it was really bad.

Silva vs. Franklin I takes this. Truly brutal and shocking (I remember voting against Silva in that stupid UFC poll thinking, foolishly, that Silva need more fights then just Leben >_>)

Back