Worst and Best refs in the UFC

Best is easily and has always been Big John to me. When he's in there I don't have many nerves there is going to be a confusing or WTF finality, he's got the best percentage.

Worst I will say is Herb Dean. He does have an eye for some things, but he's so damn itchy on that trigger that when things get fast, I get nervous its going to stop at any second because he's blown so many, especially lately.

One of the first times I seen Herb Dean blow something was when Arlovski was in the UFC, and I believe it was Cruz he was fighting, Cruz was trying to sweep him, and Arlovski was holding the fence with one hand to keep his top position balance, and wailing on Cruz with the other hand. The fence was blatantly pulling in and out by Arlovski's grip, and the fight was stopped as a TKO for Arlovski.

The fact Dana White is always chirping "Herb is the best in the business, hes far and away above the rest etc etc" makes me suspicious of Herb's credibility. If you don't think Dana and the UFC can sway Refs/judges to lean the way they want in certain situations/fights, you are blind to the power of the dollar.

Mazzagatti being a terrible ref is one of the biggest prevailing myths in MMA.

He's made mistakes, but the incidents he's usually berated for are mostly legit (Brock/Mir, Fitch/Burkman and Jones/Hamill).

His biggest mistake was the Rumble/Burns poking incident.

Seems people are pretty pissed at Herb for the Faber stoppage.

I think he is the best in the business. Consistant and concerned for fighter safety.

WeidmanMunozPunch.gif

Best is Big Jon worst is a tie between Yve Lavighn and mazzagatti.

Worst Refs UFC and Bellator
Big Jon is Bias
Herb Dean
Keith Peterson

That one Brazilian ref that kept standing fighters up almost as soon as they hit the ground. That shit was just shady as fuck. Mazagatti is pretty bad too.

Big John, Dean and Rosenthal are all solid refs.

Back