Worst Admitted Game Plans

"If you come across rogan's
head, you've gone too far. Now
posture up & get your arm out
of there!"
Brother, I'd spam likes for this one if I could. For that and your appreciation of Thelonius.

Cain vs JDS 1

Cain fought injured and still tried to bang with JDS without mixing TDs.

Martin Kampman is the GOAT of terrible game plans.

He is super well rounded with good striking and a very good ground game. So his strikes with Paul Daley and goes to the ground against Jake Shields.o_O

WOT

Brother, I'd spam likes for this one if I could. For that and your appreciation of Thelonius.
&I'd give you a like for good
taste- but my dubs prevents
me from doing so.

Keep it straight, no chaser doggy

I dont think that quote about TJ is bad at all. You cant go against a guy like Cruz thinking you're going to land at will so you need to be prepaired use the openings from missed punches to count. When a guy bobs or weaves it can move them in the direction of the next punch. I really doubt he mised anything on purpose. Cruz was just too good.

The worst thing about his gameplan was all those high kicks. Body/low kicks have more range and could have been easier to land and worn Cruz down and change the flow. Maybe he was worried about Cruz catching them which makes sense but TJ is a great scrambler and had success with them later.

Koji Oishi had the worst gameplan in the history of combat against Nick Diaz. He tried to, as he said, punch Nick Diaz's punches. Not parry them, but actually punch his hand to stop the punches. Its hilarious and worth seeing if anyone hasnt.

I dont think that quote about TJ is bad at all. You cant go against a guy like Cruz thinking you're going to land at will so you need to be prepaired use the openings from missed punches to count. When a guy bobs or weaves it can move them in the direction of the next punch. I really doubt he mised anything on purpose. Cruz was just too good.

The worst thing about his gameplan was all those high kicks. Body/low kicks have more range and could have been easier to land and worn Cruz down and change the flow. Maybe he was worried about Cruz catching them which makes sense but TJ is a great scrambler and had success with them later.
I guess I agree with you in theory about trying to miss in a certain way to put your opponent's head in a place where you can hit it. That makes sense, that's just setting up your strikes. I think where my issue comes from is who he was doing it against.

Cruz doesn't just use head movement, he's all about footwork. So when you make him move his head his feet are already half way to the other side of the cage or has shifted his angle on you and is coming back at you, so you aren't really forcing him into a position that you want him in... you're literally just playing into his greatest strength.

I agree about the kicks. I feel like he ended up headhunting because he couldn't hit Cruz at all. It's funny though, cause what you said makes way more sense.. body and leg kicks would've slowed Cruz down and hopefully opened up opportunities later in the fight.

Martin Kampman is the GOAT of terrible game plans.

He is super well rounded with good striking and a very good ground game. So his strikes with Paul Daley and goes to the ground against Jake Shields.o_O

WOT

I thought he won the Shields fight.

There was nothing wrong in Cats flying knee. Just because Ronda capitalized it masterfully doesnt mean it was a bad move from Cat. People only say that because they hate to give Ronda the credit she deserves.
Man, how can you be one of the few people that doesn't hate on Ronda while being one of the worst jones haters?

Tank Abbotts training for the Ronda Rousey fight was getting off of his recliner to make a sandwich and then sitting back down on his recliner once he had his sandwich. His game plan was along the lines of "I'm going to come in looking to hit her in the face, and then I'm going to hit her in the face again, and then, once everything's fallen into place. I'm going to hit her in the face a third time".

Everyone has a plan ’till they get punched in the mouth

"
Also, "worst admitted game plan.... before a fight" : Fujita before Wand
"I don't know how I'll beat Wanderlei, I don't see any way to win so I'll rely on my thick skull and hope he gasses kicking me" (not exact quote, but it was something like that)

Fujita’s strategy worked against Mark Kerr and Ken Shamrock.

And Shamrock is actually more dangerous than Wanderlei.

Cejudo was publicly talking about beating DJ in the clinch. There is a video of him saying it before the fight too, I think it's to Bas, but I can't remember.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/4/...-henry-cejudo-demetrious-johnson-mighty-mouse

"Honestly, that was part of our game plan as a camp,"

"I underestimated his clinch and he hit me to the body on both sides. He did a good job. I underestimated his clinch. The plan was to take him there and then slowly wrestle him. That knee was the difference in that he just beat me up with knees. That was the biggest thing."

DJ may have the best clinch in the UFC

i don't have a quote from Jacare, but him calling Romero down to the ground from a butt scoot position sure backfired.

Back