Worse title performance: Costa vs. Izzy or Black Beast vs. Gane?

Gane and Adesanya are very good at making good fighters look bad, especially vs strikers.

That said Lewis hasn't had one but two complete ass whoopings in title shots, against DC and Gane. He got badly schooled on the ground in the 1st and badly schooled on the feet in the 2nd.

Most WMMA championship fights are garbage, especially when you going against Valentina, Nunez or Cyborg. When a fight ends with a mavasha geri, like we see with Thug Rose, I consider that a big success, short viewing, fast action, fans win.

Black beast looked terrible in dc fight too.dc wasn't even going 100 percent too and still destroyed him

Only one of them got TKOed then dry jumped. There’s no coming back from that

Nothing will ever top Aldo at UFC 194

I agree and disagree at the same time.

Conor's performance if KOing Aldo in 13 seconds flat will be almost impossible to be beat BUT I will say there is at least major doubt a rematch goes exactly the same way and in many ways it can be argued that Aldo "got caught'.

Not saying he would win a rematch but I think MOST of us believe any version of Aldo could put up a far better competitive match against Conor if he ever got a rematch.

The same cannot be said of Beast vs Gane.

Black Beast vs Gane looked like a near impossible match up for Black Beast to ever overcome outside of a "lucky" one shot punch.

With that said, overall I think Izzy vs Costa is the one fight where it seems that one of them was so BADLY outmatched that if they fight 10 times, you cannot foresee a different conclusion no matter what he did. Beast at least has a punchers chance. Costa will never be a threat to Izzy from what it seems.

So again, I do agree with you .... 13 seconds .... first big exchanged just as Conor predicted .... but at the same time I wouldnt mind disagreeing and saying Izzy/Costa was the more one sided dominated title match that I never care to ever see those two matched up again ever.

I think many of us wouldn't have minded seeing Aldo vs Conor run it back to see if Aldo can do better like we believe he can.

Last edited:
Black beast looked terrible in dc fight too.dc wasn't even going 100 percent too and still destroyed him

DC even fought Black Beast with an injured back since he knew he could avoid his big shots and just tire him out with his wrestling despite his bad back. Easy couple of millions made (DC's own words)

Costa by far. Did nothing, got recked, got raw dogged, still drinking the pain away. Massive oof

Costa, not even a question. It was expected to be a great fight but it was a horrific 1-sided affair and he got humped on live television after.

No clue what people were expecting out of Lewis against Gane, this was a terrible matchup for Lewis from day 1, no idea what his team was telling him.

Costa without a doubt. He embarrassed himself after all his bravado

I also don’t consider Lewis vs gane a title fight

I like how all these responses act as though WMMA doesn't exist. Put most women up against Cyborg, Nunes, Shevchenko, or Rousey (heck, even Joanna for a while), and you've got all the ingredients for okay fighters looking like absolute trash.

Zuffa/WME history? Probably going to go with Paulo Filho vs Chael Sonnen 2.
Between your two? Costa. Anyone can get beaten down or caught in a bad matchup, but he handled the loss like a spoiled child.

Costa for sure ….he challenged Izzy to kick his leg and then he couldn’t handle the kicks lol …..Black Beast performed the way black beast performs

Someone needs to post the hump gif and end this thread. I think it explains why Costa has not fought since while Lewis already has a fight lined up.

Cat Zingano's was the worst imo.

But between these two, it has to be Costa

Paul Buenttello fought for a title at one point, so did Gan McGee. Never forget Mikey Burnet against Pat Militech...there are alot of shitty title performances in UFC history to choose from, Costa and BB don't break the top 25.

Back