worse experience in grappling happened tonight

guardpasser

Tudo Bem Bjj
@Black
Reaction score
sure i havent trained a lot last year, i am 30 lbs too heavy and have a bad foot, but....
i got my arse handed to me worse than eva before, i am in san antonio, there is a brown belt here form www.marrajiujitsu.com he is in san antonio for a few years
in 5 minutes he tore me apart like i wasnt even there, i tapped 5 times. i did stupid things and he called me out on it, i was an embarrassment to all of us blue belts, now there is a fire lit under my arse, its time to get real.
i just thought i would share this screwed up night.

No need to get too worked up. There are always people better and you can't expect to be the best you'll ever encounter. This is just a reality check to get you back into training.

This is a good thing, not a bad thing. Be positive and progress.
Then kick his ass twice as bad. :icon_twis

its a brown belt what do you expect? thats like a purple going against a white (look back a year or so to when u were a white belt and you'll remember how many times u tapped in 5 min when you went against a higher belt)

Take the anger & frustration & use it to train harder & smarter & be better for next time.

Sounds like a very tough opponent. You could learn a lot from him.

It seems like you are approaching it right. Make it a positive challenge to improve yourself. Think about how the brown belt fights and the best way to counter his style. Try to match your strengths against his weaknesses. Learn the defenses to his best moves to make him hesitate and get creative. Then try to exploit any openings.

Good luck man. Keep us posted.

No worry about it Charles. He is a brown. I barely can past guard against brown belts. Only tapped two in my life and there were little 100 pounders, maybe 5 foot. No problems tapping to a brown.

infamous mattyd said:
How is that injury coming along?

the hole in the foot is sealed up now and i am off medication, i can walk with out a limp but it hurts like hell during warmups, its a little sore this morning. i ithink it will be back to 100% in a week

they guy is very good, ii just have high expectations since i should have been a purple belt a year and a half ago, i havent been focused and dont get to train a lot either, so its time to quit making excuses and at least stay in shape and get off the krispy kreams. the training session was vey eye opening, earlier in the day i was at the relson acadamy in austin, i knew while training there i was way out of shape.

I'll come over, and get pummeled by ya. Build your self esteem right back up. lol.

at this point you better be a guy with no experience for me to be able to submit

guardpasser said:
sure i havent trained a lot last year, i am 30 lbs too heavy and have a bad foot, but....
i got my arse handed to me worse than eva before, i am in san antonio, there is a brown belt here form www.marrajiujitsu.com he is in san antonio for a few years
in 5 minutes he tore me apart like i wasnt even there, i tapped 5 times. i did stupid things and he called me out on it, i was an embarrassment to all of us blue belts, now there is a fire lit under my arse, its time to get real.
i just thought i would share this screwed up night.

I get my ass hammered every night. This is nothing new to me. These things will happen to the best of them. You don't think that Royce ever taps in practice. This Brown belt, was he bieng cool about it or was he bieng a prick and pouring it on?

Cool about it I mean this way. Once in a while I have my way with a whitebelt and manhandle him but after a while I call off the dogs and just roll for position to the point where I am no longer looking to submit him.

he made a statement at first , then he took it easy, but it was more like a black belt belt teaching me a lesson about staying in shape, it was eye opening to how far out of shape and how my technique has suffered.

hes actually doing you a favor, this experiance will shape the next year of training for you, and every time you feel like quitting youll remember how you felt atthis moment. what he gave you was inspiration to get better, weve all dealt with that. rolling with black and browns is very humbling

guardpasser said:
brown belt...tore me apart...i tapped...did stupid things...fire...arse... its time to get real.

Emergency message received guardpasser.

They don't wear such horrid earthen tones around their waste for no reason man. Think about all the factors in your game when you're training for your black belt, you'd be an animal. Arms would become your playthings, chokes; your hobby of choice. The feeling you get as a blue belt when the instructor hands you a dude not even in gi yet, multiplied to the power of Brazil, would overcome you as a brown belt rolling with a blue.

I remember when a mate of mine got his gi, we all said he was being promoted to white belt from monkey shirt, I tried to whip him with my belt but it was getting pretty late...

El Tiburon said:
I get my ass hammered every night. This is nothing new to me. These things will happen to the best of them. You don't think that Royce ever taps in practice. This Brown belt, was he bieng cool about it or was he bieng a prick and pouring it on?

Cool about it I mean this way. Once in a while I have my way with a whitebelt and manhandle him but after a while I call off the dogs and just roll for position to the point where I am no longer looking to submit him.

Wanna come camping?

right now i am focused on getting fat loss and cardio right
6-0
252.5 lbs
25.2% body fat
34.5 bmi
the dieting, supplementation and workouts have begun, even if i dont get to train for months at a time in any grappling sport, i will get into shape.

i had that problem before...i don't get to train as much as i want..due to alot of extenuating circumstances, an my own lack of discipline..

it happens though; i have always rolled w/people better than me, so i never ever had a problem losing or getting dominated...mostly cus it's supposed to happen like that.

being that most of my exp is actual mat time and not alot of tech/traditional training, i look at things differently, cus i don't have a belt or some big name school or instructor behind my exp that makes me feel as if i should be at a certain level. Not saying it is bad to have those things, it just makes it easier for me when i do lose; cus i just go in to learn and do my best w/out expectations based on exp or belt level.

but if you ever wanna meet up for some sparring/matime outside of a class or check out the place i go to..let me knwo.

Back