Worse beat down: Volkanovski/Ortega or Yan/Aldo?

BlessYourHeart

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Even though Ortega made it the distance, it probably should've been stopped. Ortega suffered unnecessary damage and someone should've stepped in to stop it.

Yan/Aldo

Ortega was always in the fight, dude is just dangerous

Yan/Aldo

Aldo won early rounds. Ortega did not. If the guy reffing that Yan/Aldo fight was not a moron, he stops it on time and all that damage Aldo took when Petr took his back and had back mount doesn't happen.

The real answer to this question is Max/Kattar though.

Volkanovski vs Ortega. Aldo did not take that much damage in that fight. He just gave up.

Aldo won early rounds. Ortega did not. If the guy reffing that Yan/Aldo fight was not a moron, he stops it on time and all that damage Aldo took when Petr took his back and had back mount doesn't happen.

The real answer to this question is Max/Kattar though.
That late stoppage was disgusting, also I agree with Ma/Kattar.

Volkanovski vs Ortega. Aldo did not take that much damage in that fight. He just gave up.

Aldo gave up? Petr had back mount on a hurt and gassed Aldo and he had so much pride that he actually REFUSED TO QUIT and the idiot ref let it take place for far too long.

Do you guys recall what you watch?

Aldo was hurting Yan just as much as he was getting hurt, was 2-2 going in to the 5th round and was not really dominated till the the last half of the 4th and the 5th. Oh and about 5-6yrs out of is prime giving as good as he got to a young lion.

Ortega was pretty much beaten up 1-2-3-4 with 5 being fairly even despite being in is prime.

That said Ortega came closer to pulling out the finish.

Even though Ortega made it the distance, it probably should've been stopped. Ortega suffered unnecessary damage and someone should've stepped in to stop it.
Made it the distance?

Did you watch the last 10 seconds of Round 5? Ortega was swinging and Volkanovski was back pedalling.

I remember Aldo vs Yan being competitive for a good few moments, really wouldn't consider it close to a CTE Ortega fight.

Aldo gave up? Petr had back mount on a hurt and gassed Aldo and he had so much pride that he actually REFUSED TO QUIT and the idiot ref let it take place for far too long.

Do you guys recall what you watch?
Well, in fact, he correctly gave up (when he just turtled and stop trying). There is nothing to do in that situation, it was like refusing to tap to a submission. Yeah, herb let go too long. Yikes

Made it the distance?

Did you watch the last 10 seconds of Round 5? Ortega was swinging and Volkanovski was back pedalling.

They could have stopped that fight twice.

Max/Aldo 1 and 2
Yan/Aldo
Max/kattar
Max/Ortega
Cain/Jds 2 and 3
Weidman/munoz
Rockhold/Weidman
Glover/smith

Worst beat downs I’ve ever seen

Yan/Aldo

Only be cause he was tough enough to take more and more damage, which in my mind means it was worse.

Max/Aldo 1 and 2
Yan/Aldo
Max/kattar
Max/Ortega
Cain/Jds 2 and 3
Weidman/munoz
Rockhold/Weidman
Glover/smith

Yeah, those are definitely bad too. RDA v Pettis is another one. Pettis was never the same.

Yeah, those are definitely bad too. RDA v Pettis is another one. Pettis was never the same.
RDA/Pettis was similar to GSP/Koscheck in that they both broke their orbitals in the first and then continued to get hit in it the whole time. The actual brain damage wasn’t that bad but being continually hit on a broken orbital will essentially derail your career.
In boxing the corner stops the fight when they notice that has happened

Last edited:
Ortega took magnitudes more brain damage than Aldo did in these fights.

Max/Aldo 1 and 2
Yan/Aldo
Max/kattar
Max/Ortega
Cain/Jds 2 and 3
Weidman/munoz
Rockhold/Weidman
Glover/smith

Diego/Penn has got to be up there.

Back