Worries

thecas said:
I m back now.

Watching so damn many fights[prementioned, 1 year] n submissions added by the book, I perhaps had them in my head already. u mean, for submission u need to do them to know them? For throws and swimming, yes. But submissions, no.

When I went to the club, yes, at first I was losing like crazy. Coz all I knew was subs( Tho I did it well; sensei didn't comment anythin. But watching didnt get me position before submissions.

6mths later my sole gap is patched up. Now I am consistently winning Organge belts 20 pds heavier than me[pple who trained 1.5yrs]. So my 1 year was better doing wat I did, than 'training'

And ya, keyholes n kimuras r not relevant to modern MMA

In summary, 2 pts:

1]U can learn submissions by watching. Tell me y not? U need not have 'sense of balance' small adjustments to make it better slightly r there, but these u can pick up eventually.

2]It is better to learn 1 thing at a time. Like someone else on sherdog mentioned the other time, judo or bjj, better than mixing up everything.

N for your slightly misinformed mind, TJJ is about the same as bjj. .5 hr warmup, 1 hr coaching, then 20mins rolling(less compared to bjj, I know). But there is a guy who apparently went to a seminar by Renzo b4. I caught him in a guillotine, he slipped out into side mount..we didnt hav time to complete. My instructor is a judo blackbelt too

Of course, all these w/o me meeting u r just, u say 1 thing, I say my view etc.wont prove anything But I m a fast typer n I limited my reply to 10 mins n made it :)

I've done Judo and BJJ myself. Brown in one, blue in the other.

Why do you think it is that people always say that BJJ guys are better on the ground than Judo guys?

In an average Judo month, I spent as much time training subs as I do in a class of BJJ. Why would you think watching a years worth of MMA could possibly make you better with subs than someone that actually TRAINS subs.

I shouldn't even waste my time responding to you, as you lost all credibility with your "you don't need to do them to know them" comment, and you burried yourself all the further with your "TJJ is the same as BJJ" bullshit.

You obviously have no idea what in the world you are talking about, as other posts of yours have shown. How old are you?

My instructor has his black in TJJ. My first instructor had his black in TJJ and Judo, and had plenty of BJJ experience. The arts are all very different, and anyone that thinks you can leanr ANY of them without actually practicing them and being instructed in them is a fool.

Why do we live roll?

Why do the announcers someties point out holes in even the pros games?

thecas, you need to reevaluate the nonsense that comes out of your mouth. Your grammar degrading to "IM speak" in your response does as little to show your level of maturity and understanding as your claims.

Three questions:

1) How old are you?
2) Have you ever tried a BJJ class?
3) How many nights a week do you "train"?

triso said:

Well, come on now... "You don't need to practice submissions to know them"?

That's horse shit. You can't learn the damned ground game from watching Pride/UFC for a year... When I started Judo, I was doing better than my belt by far, but there came a point where I ran into guys that I was bigger and stronger than, I thought I knew my shit, and I just couldn't get them. Why? Because I blew through the other guys on intensity and strength and what have you, because they didn't have the technique to negate it. I learned some heel hooks and such from some books, and would bust them out on folks that weren't expecting them because we didn't train them much.

I took some time off for a knee injury, did pure sport Judo for a bit, then joined a BJJ/MMA gym, and was getting smoked by white belts. It's taken me two months jsut to get back in the swing of things where I'm somewhere in the middle of the pack with the other blues at the school.

At no time did I give up reading or watching MMA, but there's no way that substituted for the year away from real training, and I'd already had competition experience and years of trianing to build on.

thecas hs Aikido and a year of watching movies and subs he never practiced, and is tapping orange belts in his TJJ class now that he's "patched the ONE hole in his game". He's deluding himself, and his ignorance shines through in his meathead armbar thread and this one about people dying in his RNC.

As I said, u need to practise for the positioning, throws and overall game. To learn a submission per se[n i m referring to that n only that], u need not do them to just know them.

We live roll to gain knowledge in positions, n c how to get the better position. Ok, say, u know that a kimura looks like. u do it once. Ok, wow, now u r soo much better in it; it makes such a difference I wont n cant say the same for positionings though.

This is the main point in contention. Fine, in actual reality, by now, I have seen the submissions and have done it.[Not projecting but saying this actually happened]. It REALly feels the same. I will be doing a keyhole the same.

Yeah yeah, your first claim to my 'newbness' was from the calve/bicep slicer post, where I said there r many such slicers[using shins or forearm] n was seeing how many r there. U implied that there r just one each. n now u see in sherdog today there is a thread by some1 else on a calve slicer using your shin, which is exactly my point.

Answers:
1:23
2:Nope. pple ard me hav n they said its the almost same. tjj do hav a lit bit 10 mins standing
wristlocks but dats about it
3:1 night. For 6 mths now. Told u I m new, but u implied I dun even train n m juz rolling bout wif frens who know nuts.

You're 23, and you type like that?

If practising submissions isn't necessary, you either know them or don't and there are no different levels of ability in applying them: then how come when my instructor (BJJ purple belt) gets subs on me, they feel much, much tighter and stronger than anyone else I roll with? How come he rolls into an armbar and it's on straight away, while others have to adjust to get it tight?

I repeat, after the watching for one year, I have done 6mths TJJ. This is in one of my firsts post in this thread.

Dude, do not exaggerate regarding the RNC. It is merely a question n a legitimate one, unlike, say, will archilles bust ya knee.

There is a difference, but much less than that of overall game or positioning. You agree with this? yes or no?

When u say' like that' means like what?? I can't defend something which isnt specific enuf

Oh, I agree with you stephensharp, I was just commenting on the brutal 1st rd TKO.

There is a difference between "knowing" a submission, and really knowing one. You may see what it looks like when it's performed, and you may learn this from watching MMA and videos, but you do not really KNOW it.

The comment about filling in the ONE hole in your game with the training time you've put in, and the arts you've trained in comes off as laughable at best, and Traditional Jiu Jitsu, is NOT the same as Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. Sorry dude.

Dedicado said:
You have to hold the RNC on an already unconcious person for a very long time for them to die. Like around 6 minutes for the brain to be damaged beyond repair. It's like a drowning, if you respond quickly enough you can save them before anything lethal happens.
In Judo they teach a technique called " Kappa ", it is used to resucitate a choked out and unconcious person. Learn it. Also, learn CPR and have a phone handy to call an ambulance. Always call 911 first, then start the CPR.
Besides, when they go limp, you let them go. Roll them over and see if they are concious. You won't kill anyone if you follow these rules.
Yeah. We go through that at Jiu Jitsu, too.

I'm not afraid to choke people out. They tap, or they don't.

thecas said:
As I said, u need to practise for the positioning, throws and overall game. To learn a submission per se[n i m referring to that n only that], u need not do them to just know them.

We live roll to gain knowledge in positions, n c how to get the better position. Ok, say, u know that a kimura looks like. u do it once. Ok, wow, now u r soo much better in it; it makes such a difference I wont n cant say the same for positionings though.

This is the main point in contention. Fine, in actual reality, by now, I have seen the submissions and have done it.[Not projecting but saying this actually happened]. It REALly feels the same. I will be doing a keyhole the same.

Yeah yeah, your first claim to my 'newbness' was from the calve/bicep slicer post, where I said there r many such slicers[using shins or forearm] n was seeing how many r there. U implied that there r just one each. n now u see in sherdog today there is a thread by some1 else on a calve slicer using your shin, which is exactly my point.

Answers:
1:23
2:Nope. pple ard me hav n they said its the almost same. tjj do hav a lit bit 10 mins standing
wristlocks but dats about it
3:1 night. For 6 mths now. Told u I m new, but u implied I dun even train n m juz rolling bout wif frens who know nuts.

How does that calf slicer prove some point of yours "because it's done with the shin"? I said one each... There's the calf slicer with your shin, and there's the one with your forearm. If you roll into it, jump into it, make a joke and point to distract them, then dive for it, it's all still a calf slicer with the shin or the forearm.

A flying triangle, a rolling triangle, a triangle set up out of a failed guard pass... It's a triangle.

That response from me was after your "invention" of the "thecas armbar", where you were taking one step in a backmount escape and trying to turn it into a fight ender, and defend it when folks pointed out the problems with it. At that point, I already had you pegged for a 14 year old that overestimates his abilities while flooding the board with ridiculous questions. I don't recall, but I think you were also the one asking about the flying triangle the following week...

And what the HELL is a keyhole??!?

Just stop. Your to the point where you're typing like a 14yo chick on IRC, and you're defending your horse shit with more horse shit. You've two dozen JAPANESE Jiu-Jitsu classes, and watched some Pride fights, and you think you "know" submissions, and you don't have to train them... That they can be "automatically applied".

By your own admission, you have roughly 8 hours of mat time. BJJ guys get that in a WEEK, and it's spent learning the ins and outs of the moves, learning the subs and studying the ins and outs... You've SEEN some subs, you've TRIED some subs, but you know NOTHING. Folks have been doing this for YEARS, and they HAVE a few subs in their arsenal, but there's probably only a couple they KNOW. You don't even know what you know, nor could you spell it.

When you can accept that, you'll start to learn.

LOL this tehcas guy is a total tool....

you should do adcc bro, you got the submissions down... now take on the other guys who know them as well as you.

Gsoares2 said:
LOL this tehcas guy is a total tool....

you should do adcc bro, you got the submissions down... now take on the other guys who know them as well as you.

HE'D MOP THE FLOOR WITH THEM!!

He's watched a year of MMA, and had six months of TJJ!!!

Damn, I've been watching MMA for over ten years, where's my damned black belt!! I should have like, nine of them by now!!

Don't worry. The worst thing that will happen is just that, they go out. Unless you hold it for a long time after that.

Please, please just take a little extra time to actually spell out your posts...please. Are you using your cell phone to post on sherdog? If not there is no excuse for that crap.

MadMonkeyBJJx9 said:
I once heard that in rare cases, the RNC can cause an anyuerysm (Sp?)....does anyone know any truth to that?
I think this is possible, but not likely (I'm not going to try to even spell the word, but I know what you mean). It's also possible to slip in the show hit your head and die, I bet the odds are close to the same.

stephensharp said:
How does that calf slicer prove some point of yours "because it's done with the shin"? I said one each... There's the calf slicer with your shin, and there's the one with your forearm. If you roll into it, jump into it, make a joke and point to distract them, then dive for it, it's all still a calf slicer with the shin or the forearm.

A flying triangle, a rolling triangle, a triangle set up out of a failed guard pass... It's a triangle.

That response from me was after your "invention" of the "thecas armbar", where you were taking one step in a backmount escape and trying to turn it into a fight ender, and defend it when folks pointed out the problems with it. At that point, I already had you pegged for a 14 year old that overestimates his abilities while flooding the board with ridiculous questions. I don't recall, but I think you were also the one asking about the flying triangle the following week...

And what the HELL is a keyhole??!?

Just stop. Your to the point where you're typing like a 14yo chick on IRC, and you're defending your horse shit with more horse shit. You've two dozen JAPANESE Jiu-Jitsu classes, and watched some Pride fights, and you think you "know" submissions, and you don't have to train them... That they can be "automatically applied".

By your own admission, you have roughly 8 hours of mat time. BJJ guys get that in a WEEK, and it's spent learning the ins and outs of the moves, learning the subs and studying the ins and outs... You've SEEN some subs, you've TRIED some subs, but you know NOTHING. Folks have been doing this for YEARS, and they HAVE a few subs in their arsenal, but there's probably only a couple they KNOW. You don't even know what you know, nor could you spell it.

When you can accept that, you'll start to learn.

I would hav broke down your quote in parts, but then decided to spend as little time of time on this as I could, so just reply to the whole referring in sections, with me also typing as fast as possible.

First you mentioned 1 each, back then meaning one calve slicer and one bicep slicer. Period. I said u can do slice with forearm, with shin, multiplying with a pushing or pulling action with your other limbs so u get quite a few.

As for thecas armbar, I wish someone else will post here whether it works or not after trying. It worked for me, that wont count I guess, so only someone else.

I did not post anything about flying triangles

Keyhole is obviously a short form for keyhole lock. In this sherdog context, other than the literal n the lock meaning, wat else can be there?

Your last section is entirely rubbish. Dont know how ya do your maths. K, 1hr instructional time x 6mths = 26 hrs where we will do submissions n sweeps semi-rolling [like in sambo] Closely followed by the sensei. So u mean the sensei helb back something frm us n we dun know certain things? We r discussing submissions here how.

If u discount this I hav nothing else, but it exists. So we spent 26 hrs on doing the specific submissions, sweeps etc. Add to it 8.5 hrs of free rolling.

What I m saying is if u watch the submissions repeatedly for 1 year, + hav an instructional guide, u have 70% of it right. [While for sweeps or positioning, perhaps, 0.0001%, if any]

Stephen is suggesting u can watch all ya want, read all ya want, n u still hav only 2% of it right, which is ridiculous

My posts r only questions. Gsoarse2, I know u r new too.. better help me or stephen will be attacking u next. :icon_surp Anyways, my 3 posts in contention r 1 QUESTion regarding the variations of bicep/calve slicer, one Whether u choke for too long is there any remote chance of endangering someone's life, one whether the armbar will work or not. If it were general statements, like Me saying oh, bjj is better than judo, then ya pt is valid. But mine r QUESTIONS[Even if i do not put a ? in it, u read the whole thing u know]. [B]Questions[/B] u get it? n as I hav mentioned they r legit ones.

Lastly rather than keep repeating that tjj n bjj r different arts altogether['different' in ya own words] , may as well just tell us the difference here?

Guys, not all TJJ schools are useless..... The school I went to for a few months was *almost* identical to BJJ, except they taught techniques for multiple attackers and didn't stress going to the ground during the teaching of technique. When it came down to sparring.... it was BJJ plain and simple, and the intructors had us drill "BJJ" techniques before and after our sparring.

I think there's a bigger risk that you hurt their neck than their brain with the choke. Not that it's a big risk neither, but if you choke someone out with a RNC (not to fucking mention a guillotine), let go right away, carefully.

the "knowing" people keep talking about sounds like muscle memory to me... something that watching 300,000 billion kajillion MMA fights will NEVER teach you. i mean, i'm glad people train... but just don't be a freaking goob about it. and yeah, unless you're posting from a cell phone... you need to cut that crap out.

Back