Worried For Nate Marquardt

Nates got all the skill in the world but hes been fighting for 15 yrs and his chin looks shot.

Yes his career has been very decorated with victories within many fighting organizations. His is into his final phase of fighting.

He doesn't "pull the trigger" when he gets in the cage. Seems like he is holding back and fighting passively. The fight against T. Saffedine was sad to watch. Maybe he can get an entertaining matchup where he is not going to be so "game planned" and get a chance to throw the leather.

I used to like watching him fight but have moved on to bathroom/food.

Yes his career has been very decorated with victories within many fighting organizations. His is into his final phase of fighting.

He doesn't "pull the trigger" when he gets in the cage. Seems like he is holding back and fighting passively. The fight against T. Saffedine was sad to watch. Maybe he can get an entertaining matchup where he is not going to be so "game planned" and get a chance to throw the leather.

I used to like watching him fight but have moved on to bathroom/food.

His fight with T-Wood was only a few months prior to the fight with T-Saff and that was, imo, Nate's best performance in his entire career. He definitely looked tentative against Tarec but that's the only fight I recall in which he was unable to pull the trigger and that can be attributed in part at least to the fact that Tarec battered him with legs kicks thus significantly limiting his mobility. Hard to pull the trigger when you can barely stand and a legit badass is bombarding you with debilitating strikes

His fight with T-Wood was only a few months prior to the fight with T-Saff and that was, imo, Nate's best performance in his entire career. He definitely looked tentative against Tarec but that's the only fight I recall in which he was unable to pull the trigger and that can be attributed in part at least to the fact that Tarec battered him with legs kicks thus significantly limiting his mobility. Hard to pull the trigger when you can barely stand and a legit badass is bombarding you with debilitating strikes

Im sorry to say i did not follow Nate much after hearing his sad interview when he split ways with uncle Dana. After Shale and Yushin hugged him so hard i was very dissapointed because "the great" spoke highly of his own wrasslin. He got shipped over to Bamma and that kinda ended it for me.

I did not know his chin got touched by Hector and Jake. Seems like it was yesterday when he punched out "Toquino" and Demian.

Maybe I am the one in the last phase of my MMA experience.

I think you're giving Te Huna a little bit too much credit.. I can see Nate winning by decision.

Nasty Nate hasn't been cut a break.

They give him top opponents every time out.

Thing is, he's a top fighter, they should give him a confidence builder like a Tim Boetsch.

I do not think he deserves a cup cake. He should have felt confident when they gave back his door key to the UFC. He fought for the title in the past.

If Nate game plans for a drained Te Huna to gas are you gonna be mad if the fight goes to a decision?

Tim would throw Nate around.

I sound bitter i know. Just annoyed when fighters with such high potential have their careers go down the drain. Makes it worse when they blame everyone else.

I do not think he deserves a cup cake. He should have felt confident when they gave back his door key to the UFC. He fought for the title in the past.

If Nate game plans for a drained Te Huna to gas are you gonna be mad if the fight goes to a decision?

Tim would throw Nate around.

I sound bitter i know. Just annoyed when fighters with such high potential have their careers go down the drain. Makes it worse when they blame everyone else.

He definitely lost a lot of credibility with the ped controversy but he made amends with Dana pretty quickly. He never fought for Bamma, after patching things up with Dana he was given an immediate title shot in Strikeforce which was under the Zuffa umbrella by that time.

There is nothing wrong with getting stopped by two of the hardest hitters at WW, who probably hit harder than a lot of MWs as well. Shit, Lombard was known as one of the hardest hitters at MW when he was there. If he was getting KO'd by like, Bobby Voelker or Mike Pyle I might say his chin is a little shot, no disrespect to those guys, they just aren't known for their KO power like Lombard and Ellenberger are.

And I also think that Marquardt has this. I haven't really seen much from Te Huna that makes me think he is a shoe-in. Anything can happen, but I also think people are giving Te Huna too much credit.

He should move to 155 he could smash some smaller fighters there.

He would die trying to make that cut, 170 was a stretch. He belongs at 185 especially considering he is in the twilight of his career. Cutting weight is a young mans game

TE Huna hasn't beat one credible fighter....

I'd give good chances for Nate in beating him.

If he wants to keep fighting, let him fight!

Te Huna may actually murder him

That's definitely a possibility, but James is chinny himself. I'm not talking about that Shogun hook, that would have KO'd anyone, but him getting dropped by Beltran in the third.

Te Huna has solid offense, but his defensive has always been lacking. I don't want to say porous, but maybe, absent minded at times? His brute strength is impressive, because it's translated well into his offensive wrestling. He doesn't really use a chain or set it up, but he still has a very raw ability to bring the fight to the mat when he wants. I don't think that will be the case against Nate though he boasts some of the best TDD of the division.

Nate has looked shot lately, but I would bet on Lombard doing the same thing to James. Maybe Jake too, people seem to have forgotten how good he is. Te Huna looks great against guys like Rosa, but he's not up against that kind of fighter here.

One thing I know is that the guys that won against Nate, would win against Te Huna most of the time (hell, Hector already did).
Nate can win this, I'm picking Te Huna but I'm not counting out Marquadt, this is not a mismatch.

loser leaves town match...
I doubt they'd cut James if he loses.

I don't know, I'm a Kiwi so backing Te Huna, but Nate was a good size earlier and should have a skill and speed advantage against James.

Of course he doesn't want to take too many bombs from Te Huna but it's a winnable fight for Nate.

He looks weight drained at 170. 185 is better for him.

He should move to 155 he could smash some smaller fighters there.

Do you think he could take out Showtime?

How about a real fight for the Rumbleweight Title.
Both guys have fought in the UFC at 70 and 85. Why not meet Anthony at 205 for a battle of the weight classless guys.

I wonder how many other guys have fought at three different classes within the same organization. Or even better, picked up a W in three different divisions.

Might help Nate out to eat more and starve less.

Back