Worlds Strongest Man Results

Oh, and Don Larkin thinks I look like Brian Neese's mini-me.

The traditionally dominant Eastern Europeans need to watch out though. North America (yeah, for those of you who don't know Canada is as good or better at SM) is fielding some young bucks who will be trouble. Marunde being the most obvious, but Ostlund is young yet too, Jessen Paulin, my personal friend Jesse Snadden is strong as FUCK for 21, and of course the infamous VanHatfield.

Agreed. I've seen Paulin, Marunde, and Otslund. It's been tough on North America for quite some time, but what I like is that the athletes coming up aren't really former Superstars at anything, they're just plain old strongmen. It was fun in the beginning watching guys who were former bodybuilders and whatnot compete (Franco Columbu's leg, YOUCH!!!), but it made it all kind of a circus-act whereas nowadays you see what these guys do and you're like "get the fuck out of here, no one can pick that up."

Bye the way Carnal, do you enjoy any of the Arm-wrestling events? I was one of those people who cought the 2004 Championships when they showed them repeatedly on late-night ESPN, but was shocked at how strong a lot of those guys are. I'm now convinced Ron Bath is a cyborg.

Does anyone else think Mariusz Pudzianowski is on roids?

Thanks for the info Nudge.
Perhaps someone could help me out here...I need a name. Back in Kaz's day, there was another great strongman that was pretty much an arch rival to Kaz. He was large but not really muscular and had a lumberjack look to him (thick black beard). For the life of me, I can't remember what his name was, but he was one of my favorites in the old WSM's. Thanks in advance if anybody can help.

wasptrash said:
Thanks for the info Nudge.
Perhaps someone could help me out here...I need a name. Back in Kaz's day, there was another great strongman that was pretty much an arch rival to Kaz. He was large but not really muscular and had a lumberjack look to him (thick black beard). For the life of me, I can't remember what his name was, but he was one of my favorites in the old WSM's. Thanks in advance if anybody can help.

wasp - could you gimme any more info, maybe Geoff Capes???

trukpull.jpg

He finished -
3rd in 80 Kaz 1st
2nd in 81 Kaz 1st
4th in 82 Kaz 1st

and then after Kaz was out

1st in 83
3rd in 84
1st in 85
2nd in 86

Dude, Kaz was speeding so hard nobody could have beaten.

It was blow and black beauties that put the "super" in super Kaz. Sorry Bill, but it's true.

Any of you guys know where people can buy vidoes of the older WSM contests? I've been searching all over with no luck.

Try EMule, you can find just about anything in their Global Network.

Brand Nizzle said:
Does anyone else think Mariusz Pudzianowski is on roids?

In case you didnt know, in last year WSM final he was disqualified because of testing positive for steroids. Dont know what kind of penalty he got. Maybe thats why the change of organisation to compete for... I dont know.

Lard-ass said:
In case you didnt know, in last year WSM final he was disqualified because of testing positive for steroids. Dont know what kind of penalty he got. Maybe thats why the change of organisation to compete for... I dont know.

Actually he tested positive for an amphetamine - possibly phentermine which is popular in Poland

And every single other competitior was using something too. Mariusz just got busted because he was involved in some bullshit fued with Dougie Edmonds.

Thanx for the info.

From this I learn not to trust TV-commentators anymore. Dont wanna spread stuff that arent true..

I'm not saying he wasn't juiced to the gills, he was. That's just not what he was officially suspended for.

yeah I know.

Dont know about the other guys though, being big and strong is possible without roids, but not being big, strong AND ripped like MP, thats just too obvious.

They're all on roids.

Welcome to the real world. Sorry. I feel like I just told my niece Santa was fake or something.

Just keep in-mind that a lot of press is coming out nowadays about how there are no scientific or entirely logical reasons steroids are looked at as such a cardinal sin. It has more to do with people's twisted sense of morality than it does with the health of anyone.

Back