World Rankings are so UFC centric now

I don't see how you can be ranked top 10 above the guys who are actively fighting the best fighters in the world if you choose to fight scrubs in the B leagues.

use FightMatrix. its entirely algorithmic a la Boxrec.

Algorithm relies only on record itself, which means NOTHING in MMA.

Fightmatrix had Kampmann as #1 welterweight when Condit was an interim champ

It relies on ELO you goof, which is both an incredibly valid and reliable method.

A sumo wrestler has to fight 90 matches a year to get his name in the ranking. (There's no undefeated champ in this sport because you fight a lot against everybody. )

2 fights a year is not gonna create mathematically interesting data to determine hierarchy.

I laughed hard when rolling stone magazine placed Kurt cobaine's nevermind at no.2 of all time greatest rock album. MMA journalism is no different.

It relies on ELO you goof, which is both an incredibly valid and reliable method.

A sumo wrestler has to fight 90 matches a year to get his name in the ranking. (There's no undefeated champ in this sport because you fight a lot against everybody. )

2 fights a year is not gonna create mathematically interesting data to determine hierarchy.

I laughed hard when rolling stone magazine placed Kurt cobaine's nevermind at no.2 of all time greatest rock album. MMA journalism is no different.

Good science makes predictions, the best ranking is the one that makes the best predictions.

What does ELO stand for?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system

The difference in the ratings between two players serves as a predictor of the outcome of a match. Two players with equal ratings who play against each other are expected to score an equal number of wins. A player whose rating is 100 points greater than their opponent's is expected to score 64%; if the difference is 200 points, then the expected score for the stronger player is 76%.

Rakings have never been accurate anyways. They don't mean much.

Jiri might be better then Nemkov still, but rankings are based on accomplishments, not talent.

I don't see how you can be ranked top 10 above the guys who are actively fighting the best fighters in the world if you choose to fight scrubs in the B leagues.
not only the best fighters in the world, 3 times a year

Back