World of Mixed Martial Arts (Booking Simulator)

Hastati

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Anyone else play this booking simulator? It's made by the same guy who does the wrestling booking game, TEW. By default it uses a fictional MMA world set in back in 2001, but there is a guy who has made a semi decent real world mod with a bunch of the active promotions still around (I'll list them at the end). The fights are done in a text based PbP mode, sorta reminiscent of the old Championship Manager games for football.

Currently started with Ring of Combat, gonna see how high I can push them, but I suspect Bellator and UFC will keep poaching all my popular fighters.

Plus hey, look what event is actually gonna happen.

gKdPddh.png

As mentioned it ships with a fictional universe, and there's even a mod that greatly expands it. Gameplay wise I'd actually say the modded expanded default universe is better than the real world mod due to it being more complete with fighter backgrounds, and the fact that a fictional fighter's under the hood stats can't be "wrong", and the fact that all the fictional fighters have bios while the real ones don't, but still, I like to dabble in both.

Anyway as I mentioned, here's the list of included promotions in the real world mod for this, although many are out of date as are the fighters, just UFC and Bellator seem to be squared away, and the incomplete rosters result in a signing clusterfuck for the first month or two till it stabilizes.

T2qnVbC.png

I would love to see Hendo destroy Punk.

I would love to see Hendo destroy Punk.

You and everyone else there apparently. It somehow got Fight of the Night, even though it was just Punk getting his face bashed open for 11 and a half minutes straight.

upload_2016-8-9_15-6-17.png
iGlbidb.png

Speaking of, I accidentally signed Hulk Hogan's douchebag nephew (Not the semi successful one who had a decent run in WCW, the other one) in my game. His first fight is against James Jenkins, so we'll see how well that goes for the little douchebag.

What mod are you using? I'm using a Modern Warriors 5 one that I try to keep updated, but don't have any of the newer fighters

Later in the thread people had posted mini updates. I'm using the one in this post. It's still fairly out of date save the Bellator and UFC cards though.

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2176560&postcount=57

Also bit of advice, go in the bodies folder and sort by filesize, and delete all the shadow bodies for the missing fighters. I have no idea why the modmaker did that, when the game is programmed to use a smaller fighter window with just the head shot if a body pic can't be found.

That's the one I made. I only updated the bigger American orgs.

I just added a lot of the newer fighters signed by the UFC; not sure how accurate their stats are, I just used the instant template.

That's the one I made. I only updated the bigger American orgs.

I just added a lot of the newer fighters signed by the UFC; not sure how accurate their stats are, I just used the instant template.

I mean I imagine the attributes are a bit off anyway, this is a player mod to begin with, not the sort of massive standardized scouting method that say Football Manager has. The attributes are also a bit of a blackbox tbh from what I've seen fiddling with them.

In my custom company save after ditching the RoC save, (Rock Hard start, but gave myself $500k starting money) I've mostly been hiring the dregs cast out of UFC and Bellator available in the US and Mexico/CA as I've decided to park myself in North Mexico for a challenge. My upcoming debut event is headlined by Akbarh Arreola and Jonatas Novaes. Meanwhile the AI just did Lesnar v Barnett for it's latest UFC Fight Pass. Appropriate given his comments on Lesnar when before his return.

match report said:
- Brock Lesnar vs. Josh 'The Warmaster' Barnett
- From 'UFC on Fight Pass: Lesnar vs. Barnett' (from the save game 'My Company')
- Created 13 August 2016

(Rd 1 - 05:00) It's time for the main event of the evening! Brock Lesnar takes on Josh 'The Warmaster' Barnett in the UFC Heavyweight division.
(Rd 1 - 05:00) Nehemiah Presnell is the referee for this fight.
(Rd 1 - 05:00) Our judges are: Abram Rucker, Israel Tincher, and Waylon Shulman.
(Rd 1 - 05:00) We are underway!
(Rd 1 - 04:47) Both fighters come together and strike.
(Rd 1 - 04:47) Lesnar hits a left jab but misses with a big right hand. Barnett scores with a jab and also scores with a right hook.
(Rd 1 - 04:28) The two combatants meet in the center and start to strike.
(Rd 1 - 04:28) Barnett misses with a big right hand. Lesnar hits a jab and also lands a left hook to the body.
(Rd 1 - 04:16) The two combatants meet in the center and start to strike.
(Rd 1 - 04:16) Lesnar uses a left jab and also connects cleanly with a right hand. Barnett doesn't find the mark with a right hook.
(Rd 1 - 04:02) Both fighters step in to strike.
(Rd 1 - 04:02) Lesnar is off-target with a jab and also can't hit a right cross. Barnett hits a left cross.
(Rd 1 - 03:48) They come together and strike.
(Rd 1 - 03:48) Barnett hits a couple of jabs and also hits a right hand. Lesnar is off target with a left jab but scores with a right hook.
(Rd 1 - 03:25) Both fighters step in to strike.
(Rd 1 - 03:25) Lesnar hits a jab and also hits a good right hand. Barnett connects with a left hand.
(Rd 1 - 03:09) Barnett steps in and looks to unleash.
(Rd 1 - 03:09) Lesnar, backing off, hits a weak left hand.
(Rd 1 - 03:09) Barnett uses a left jab, but misses with a vicious right hand.
(Rd 1 - 02:55) A quick step-in from Lesnar means he closes the distance and clinches with Barnett without any significant counter strikes landing.
(Rd 1 - 02:38) Lesnar is looking to muscle Barnett back against the cage.
(Rd 1 - 02:38) Barnett ends up backed against the cage.
(Rd 1 - 02:25) We move into the second half of this round.
(Rd 1 - 02:25) Lesnar shows great control, keeping Barnett pressed against the cage.
(Rd 1 - 01:29) Showing his ability to control opponents, Lesnar simply smothers Barnett against the cage.
(Rd 1 - 01:29) They remain there, hitting each other with short punches, for about a minute.
(Rd 1 - 00:43) With the fight having been stuck against the cage for a lengthy period of time, the referee restarts them back in the center.
(Rd 1 - 00:32) An exchange of strikes happens right in the center of the cage, but neither fighter lands anything good.
(Rd 1 - 00:13) Both fighters step in to strike.
(Rd 1 - 00:13) Barnett lands a nice right hook. Lesnar misses with a left jab and also misses with an attempted shot to the body.
(Rd 1 - 00:00) Round one ends as time expires.
(Rd 1 - 00:00) I'd say that was definitely 10-9 in favour of Lesnar.
(Rd 2 - 05:00) There's the bell and round number two begins!
(Rd 2 - 04:51) Both fighters move in and engage.
(Rd 2 - 04:51) Lesnar lands a left jab but misses a right hook. Barnett scores with a brace of jabs and also hits a right cross.
(Rd 2 - 04:34) A quick exchange of strikes doesn't lead to anything.
(Rd 2 - 04:00) Both fighters step in to strike.
(Rd 2 - 04:00) Lesnar is off-target with a jab and also doesn't connect with a right hand. Barnett hits a left cross.
(Rd 2 - 03:43) Both fighters step in to strike.
(Rd 2 - 03:43) Lesnar hits a left jab and also hits a good right hand. Barnett tries a right hook but misses.
(Rd 2 - 03:19) Both fighters move in and engage.
(Rd 2 - 03:19) Lesnar hits a left jab but can't hit a right cross. Barnett doesn't find the mark with a right hook.
(Rd 2 - 03:00) They engage in the center.
(Rd 2 - 03:00) Lesnar scores with a jab but doesn't connect with a right hand. Barnett connects with a left hand.
(Rd 2 - 02:37) They come together and strike.
(Rd 2 - 02:37) Lesnar doesn't connect with a left jab and also doesn't find the mark with a right hook. Barnett scores with a left hook.
(Rd 2 - 02:30) We are now at the halfway point of the round.
(Rd 2 - 02:24) Lesnar moves in fast and grapples with his opponent.
(Rd 2 - 02:04) Lesnar tries to wrestle Barnett backward and up against the cage.
(Rd 2 - 02:04) He does so, and now has Barnett pinned to the cage.
(Rd 2 - 01:52) Showing good control, Lesnar keeps Barnett stuck against the cage.
(Rd 2 - 01:04) Barnett is pressed up against the cage and simply can't break the control that Lesnar has over him..
(Rd 2 - 01:04) They remain there for at least a minute, hitting each other with short punches to the body and side of the head.
(Rd 2 - 00:09) Having been stuck against the cage for a while without any progress, the referee brings them back to the center.
(Rd 2 - 00:00) The time runs out on round two.
(Rd 2 - 00:00) I think Lesnar took that round, 10-9 on my score card.
(Rd 2 - 00:00) That's Lesnar up 2 rounds to 0 on my scorecard.
(Rd 3 - 05:00) There's the bell and round number three begins!
(Rd 3 - 04:50) Lesnar times his approach perfectly and moves in to get the clinch.
(Rd 3 - 04:33) Using his wrestling skills, Lesnar is trying to push Barnett up against the cage.
(Rd 3 - 04:33) He does so, and now has Barnett pinned to the cage.
(Rd 3 - 04:13) Showing his ability to control opponents, Lesnar smothers Barnett against the cage.
(Rd 3 - 03:13) Showing his ability to exert control, Lesnar smothers Barnett up against the cage.
(Rd 3 - 02:17) Barnett wrestles back against Lesnar, turning him around so that he now has his back to the cage.
(Rd 3 - 01:51) With the fighters having been stuck against the cage for quite a while, the referee brings them back to the center.
(Rd 3 - 01:44) Lesnar, looking very tentative, pokes out a quick jab that hits.
(Rd 3 - 01:44) Barnett lands a left jab, but misses with a vicious right hand.
(Rd 3 - 01:26) The two fighters engage.
(Rd 3 - 01:26) Barnett connects with a left hand. Lesnar doesn't connect with a left jab and also doesn't find the mark with a right hook.
(Rd 3 - 01:11) Both fighters meet in the center.
(Rd 3 - 01:11) Lesnar misses a jab and also doesn't connect with a right hand. Barnett connects with a left hand.
(Rd 3 - 00:50) The two combatants meet in the center and start to strike.
(Rd 3 - 00:50) Barnett hits a left cross. Lesnar misses a jab but hits a wicked right uppercut!
(Rd 3 - 00:42) Barnett hits the mat, that shot has rocked him!
(Rd 3 - 00:42) Lesnar starts pounding away on Barnett, looking to finish him off!
(Rd 3 - 00:42) Lesnar pounds away with rights, a couple of heavy shots get through and rock Barnett.
(Rd 3 - 00:31) Lesnar punches down at Barnett, but they are easily taken on the gloves.
(Rd 3 - 00:07) Lesnar blocks an attempt to pull guard.
(Rd 3 - 00:00) The time runs out on round three.
(Rd 3 - 00:00) That round goes to Lesnar, 10-9 on my card.
(Rd 3 - 00:00) Barnett needs to take it up a level, he's going to lose this fight unless he can find a finish, in my opinion.
(Rd 4 - 05:00) There's the bell and round number four begins!
(Rd 4 - 04:54) Barnett looks confident, shortening the range as he looks to strike.
(Rd 4 - 04:54) Barnett throws a quick punch but doesn't hit.
(Rd 4 - 04:35) Lesnar times his approach perfectly and moves in to get the clinch.
(Rd 4 - 04:24) Lesnar tries to wrestle Barnett backward and up against the cage.
(Rd 4 - 04:24) Lesnar achieves it, pinning Barnett to the cage.
(Rd 4 - 04:13) Showing his ability to exert control, Lesnar smothers Barnett up against the cage.
(Rd 4 - 03:26) Barnett is trapped up against the cage, unable to get free.
(Rd 4 - 03:26) They remain there, hitting each other with short punches, for about a minute.
(Rd 4 - 02:37) Lesnar tries to maintain control, but Barnett wrestles his way out of trouble and turns it so that Lesnar ends up backed against the cage.
(Rd 4 - 02:13) Barnett breaks the grapple and steps back toward the center.
(Rd 4 - 02:00) The two fighters engage with strikes but neither can land a significant shot.
(Rd 4 - 01:46) Lesnar clinches up, looking shattered.
(Rd 4 - 01:46) Lesnar tries to get Barnett into a Muay Thai clinch.
(Rd 4 - 01:46) Barnett can't fight it off, and ends up caught.
(Rd 4 - 01:29) Lesnar is breathing very hard.
(Rd 4 - 01:29) Lesnar loses the Muay Thai clinch after a knee strike misses and gives Barnett the opportunity to wrestle free.
(Rd 4 - 00:59) We're into the final minute of the round.
(Rd 4 - 00:49) Both fighters come together and strike.
(Rd 4 - 00:49) Barnett connects with a left hand. Lesnar doesn't find the mark with a right hook.
(Rd 4 - 00:36) Both fighters step in to strike.
(Rd 4 - 00:36) Lesnar misses a jab but lands a nice right hook. Barnett scores with a left hook.
(Rd 4 - 00:22) The two fighters engage.
(Rd 4 - 00:22) Barnett hits a jab and also connects with a right hand. Lesnar misses a jab but lands cleanly with a powerful straight right!
(Rd 4 - 00:10) Barnett collapses, that shot knocked him out!
(Rd 4 - 00:10) Brock Lesnar takes the win by knock out!
(Rd 4 - 00:10) Official Result: Brock Lesnar defeats Josh 'The Warmaster' Barnett (Knock Out (Punch) in 4:50 of round 4). The match was rated as being Decent.

Ouch. Talk shit, get hit looks like.

You and everyone else there apparently. It somehow got Fight of the Night, even though it was just Punk getting his face bashed open for 11 and a half minutes straight.

View attachment 128999
iGlbidb.png

Speaking of, I accidentally signed Hulk Hogan's douchebag nephew (Not the semi successful one who had a decent run in WCW, the other one) in my game. His first fight is against James Jenkins, so we'll see how well that goes for the little douchebag.

I laughed way too hard at this.

WMMA 5 comes out January 30th! I guarantee I'll play that 100 times longer than the inferior "MMA" game that's released the same day.

What mod are you using? I'm using a Modern Warriors 5 one that I try to keep updated, but don't have any of the newer fighters

I updated a lot of MW 6.05 and will hopefully be able to transfer to WMMA 5 when it comes out 1/30/18. Love the WMMA series though, been playing since WMMA 3. It had one night tourneys, which I hope comes back.

Back