World of Mixed Martial Arts (Booking Simulator)

Discussion in 'The Arcade' started by Hastati, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Hastati

Hastati White Belt

Anyone else play this booking simulator? It's made by the same guy who does the wrestling booking game, TEW. By default it uses a fictional MMA world set in back in 2001, but there is a guy who has made a semi decent real world mod with a bunch of the active promotions still around (I'll list them at the end). The fights are done in a text based PbP mode, sorta reminiscent of the old Championship Manager games for football.

Currently started with Ring of Combat, gonna see how high I can push them, but I suspect Bellator and UFC will keep poaching all my popular fighters.

Plus hey, look what event is actually gonna happen.

[​IMG]

As mentioned it ships with a fictional universe, and there's even a mod that greatly expands it. Gameplay wise I'd actually say the modded expanded default universe is better than the real world mod due to it being more complete with fighter backgrounds, and the fact that a fictional fighter's under the hood stats can't be "wrong", and the fact that all the fictional fighters have bios while the real ones don't, but still, I like to dabble in both.

Anyway as I mentioned, here's the list of included promotions in the real world mod for this, although many are out of date as are the fighters, just UFC and Bellator seem to be squared away, and the incomplete rosters result in a signing clusterfuck for the first month or two till it stabilizes.

[​IMG]

Char Jawz likes this.
  2. PRIDEWASBETTER

PRIDEWASBETTER Whatever it takes Staff Member Senior Moderator

I would love to see Hendo destroy Punk.

3. Hastati

Hastati White Belt

You and everyone else there apparently. It somehow got Fight of the Night, even though it was just Punk getting his face bashed open for 11 and a half minutes straight.

upload_2016-8-9_15-6-17.png
    [​IMG]

Speaking of, I accidentally signed Hulk Hogan's douchebag nephew (Not the semi successful one who had a decent run in WCW, the other one) in my game. His first fight is against James Jenkins, so we'll see how well that goes for the little douchebag.

PRIDEWASBETTER likes this.
  4. KenThunder

KenThunder Yellow Belt

What mod are you using? I'm using a Modern Warriors 5 one that I try to keep updated, but don't have any of the newer fighters

Char Jawz likes this.
  5. Hastati

Hastati White Belt

Later in the thread people had posted mini updates. I'm using the one in this post. It's still fairly out of date save the Bellator and UFC cards though.

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2176560&postcount=57

Also bit of advice, go in the bodies folder and sort by filesize, and delete all the shadow bodies for the missing fighters. I have no idea why the modmaker did that, when the game is programmed to use a smaller fighter window with just the head shot if a body pic can't be found.

6. KenThunder

KenThunder Yellow Belt

That's the one I made. I only updated the bigger American orgs.

I just added a lot of the newer fighters signed by the UFC; not sure how accurate their stats are, I just used the instant template.

7. Hastati

Hastati White Belt

I mean I imagine the attributes are a bit off anyway, this is a player mod to begin with, not the sort of massive standardized scouting method that say Football Manager has. The attributes are also a bit of a blackbox tbh from what I've seen fiddling with them.

In my custom company save after ditching the RoC save, (Rock Hard start, but gave myself $500k starting money) I've mostly been hiring the dregs cast out of UFC and Bellator available in the US and Mexico/CA as I've decided to park myself in North Mexico for a challenge. My upcoming debut event is headlined by Akbarh Arreola and Jonatas Novaes. Meanwhile the AI just did Lesnar v Barnett for it's latest UFC Fight Pass. Appropriate given his comments on Lesnar when before his return.

Ouch. Talk shit, get hit looks like.

TheGZA likes this.
  8. PRIDEWASBETTER

PRIDEWASBETTER Whatever it takes Staff Member Senior Moderator

I laughed way too hard at this.

9. Char Jawz

Char Jawz Transparent Belt

WMMA 5 comes out January 30th! I guarantee I'll play that 100 times longer than the inferior "MMA" game that's released the same day.

10. Char Jawz

Char Jawz Transparent Belt

I updated a lot of MW 6.05 and will hopefully be able to transfer to WMMA 5 when it comes out 1/30/18. Love the WMMA series though, been playing since WMMA 3. It had one night tourneys, which I hope comes back.