World Masters in Vegas in less than 2 weeks - whose attending?

Well guys, I came up short. I made it to the semi-finals and lost. This was probably the hardest lost I've ever taken. I was devastated.

I said, "fuck it" and decided to do the absolute division. I was the smallest competitor and able to win two matches by submission. I lost my semi-final match by two advantages (my opponent flattened me out a couple of times).

Well guys, I came up short. I made it to the semi-finals and lost. This was probably the hardest lost I've ever taken. I was devastated.

I said, "fuck it" and decided to do the absolute division. I was the smallest competitor and able to win two matches by submission. I lost my semi-final match by two advantages (my opponent flattened me out a couple of times).

Who did you lose to? I lost to that Ultra 3rd placer at Blue years back.

Congrats Ned. I won my first by kneebar then got beat up and armbarred by Marcus Antilanes from soul fighter. It was a fun day of competing though

Congrats Ned. I won my first by kneebar then got beat up and armbarred by Marcus Antilanes from soul fighter. It was a fun day of competing though
Props. You got your black fairly recently right?

I'll be there. Competing on Thursday. Master II brown light feather.
Props to knock out Ned who took bronze in open weight as a feather weight, even subbing a super heavy on his way. Glad to have you as a friend and inspiration.

I won my first by straight arm lock from a kimura. Lost my second by triangle into a sort of gear shift.

I'm bummed, but it's given me perspective. My division had 29 guys, and a think I would have gone further if I'd have had easier draws. I watched several Eliminatory bouts and I would have likely beaten the winners. But it occurs to me, I don't want easy draws. I want to compete against good guys and either win or lose.

I had a great time. First time at something this size. I'll be back for sure.

I won my first two absolute matches by leglock.

raw

Congrats to Ned and the other guys that competed. I hope you got your free t shirts.

Hey Guys,

Still here in Vegas, what a great place. Really didn't think I'd like it here this much.

The comp was great, won my first fight in under a minute with a great footlock. Was really pleased, but ended up against a seasoned competitor in the second round. Was always going to be an uphill battle, glad to have managed to only lose by 3 advantages.

Great comp, great place!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back