World Masters in Vegas in less than 2 weeks - whose attending?

FlameBoy

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Hey guys and girls!

Any Sherbros throwing their hat in the ring?

I'm competing Friday I think, Blackbelt Masters 3 Middle.

Be nice to maybe see a few of you all!

I'll be there. Competing on Thursday. Master II brown light feather.

Masters 2, Heavy, Purple

Snuck in on the extra late reg. Master 1 middle black

Injured :(
I had been focused on this tournament for a year. :(
Good luck to all of you sherdogers though. Hope to see you on FloGrappling.

I wish I could have gone this year. I think I'll still be a brown belt next year this time, it'll probably be my last serious tournament.

I wish I could have gone this year. I think I'll still be a brown belt next year this time, it'll probably be my last serious tournament.

How will you still be a brown belt? You've been training for a long time, and also have a a strong judo background.

Is your coach particularly stingy? Do you think you're not training regularly enough? Just wondering, because I would have thought you'll get your promotion any day now.

How will you still be a brown belt? You've been training for a long time, and also have a a strong judo background.

Is your coach particularly stingy? Do you think you're not training regularly enough? Just wondering, because I would have thought you'll get your promotion any day now.

He's pretty stingy. Or more precisely, he only promotes once every 5-6 months (and he often forgets and it ends up being 7-8) and I've only once or twice seen him give more than one stripe (and actually each time he has he's given them to someone who's come to our school from a school that didn't use stripes, who had been the same belt for 2+ years). I'm only a two stripe brown belt, though I think we're due for promos soon. But I'll have to go through 4 stripes, I'm certain. It's funny, I've actually never lost to a brown belt in competition, starting when I was a purple. But since our local tournaments are all brown/black divisions it doesn't really matter to me all that much when I get it.

I train 4-5x a week most weeks. I'm fighting sub only advanced no-gi absolute this weekend, that'll be an interesting test because it's the first open division I'll have competed in no-gi since I got my brown (I won my weight division advanced no-gi in the past, but the competition was a little thin, and took silver in absolute gi brown/black).

He's pretty stingy. Or more precisely, he only promotes once every 5-6 months (and he often forgets and it ends up being 7-8) and I've only once or twice seen him give more than one stripe (and actually each time he has he's given them to someone who's come to our school from a school that didn't use stripes, who had been the same belt for 2+ years). I'm only a two stripe brown belt, though I think we're due for promos soon. But I'll have to go through 4 stripes, I'm certain. It's funny, I've actually never lost to a brown belt in competition, starting when I was a purple. But since our local tournaments are all brown/black divisions it doesn't really matter to me all that much when I get it.

I train 4-5x a week most weeks. I'm fighting sub only advanced no-gi absolute this weekend, that'll be an interesting test because it's the first open division I'll have competed in no-gi since I got my brown (I won my weight division advanced no-gi in the past, but the competition was a little thin, and took silver in absolute gi brown/black).

I get it. Good luck!

You should shoot for Pans to compete at brown belt then, just in case :)

I get it. Good luck!

You should shoot for Pans to compete at brown belt then, just in case :)

I'm only getting on an airplane to fight other old guys. Are the masters divisions at Pans very big?

I was training hard this for this summertime's tournaments. I had my s&c right, my nutrition was coming along and my training was excellent. I then broke my wrist at the end of March. I wasn't clear to do any activity until mid June. I was discouraged and depressed. I am back training but I haven't been able to hit my rhythm. I need to get back to training everyday. I'm just a little depressed I think. Anyway that is my cry.

Good luck Bros. I'll be hoping you guys do well this year

I'm only getting on an airplane to fight other old guys. Are the masters divisions at Pans very big?

Yes, only rivaled by master's worlds. Depends which age but any master's 1 or 2 should have min 3 and up to 5 matches at brown belt.

At 2015 pans I had 4 matches to the final in brown middle master 1. Masters divisions are packed these days

33 in my bracket. Not too shabby for Master 3.

Do all brown matches go on Thursday? Would love to see actual masters 4 and 5 matches.

Yes, only rivaled by master's worlds. Depends which age but any master's 1 or 2 should have min 3 and up to 5 matches at brown belt.

I'd be Masters 2. 3-4 is the perfect number.

Back