Social World Hijab Day.

Regular Islam expert here folks, not to mention one with irrefutable knowledge on whether there are hair salons in Muslim countries.
Poster who doesn’t know what the thread title is here folks...I can pretty much bet there are hair salons in Muslim countries. That isn’t what is at debate here. But carry on with your outrage over my lol at a hair salon joke.

There's a difference between being forced to do something, and choosing to do something. Not that I expect you care about that difference given that you think "Islam is evil". You seem to follow twitter accounts, or webpages that constantly feed in to your fear of Islam.
Choice can be conditioned however.

There should be no doubt what the original intent of such religious garb is and that is control of women and their sexuality which is seen as evil or negative or dangerous.

agree that luckier women living in the West have the freedom to choose it often or not without consequence but even often here in the West the social pressure and shaming is significant.

We have to recognize it is a choice that often is accompanied with massive amounts of coercion and often forced on those with the least voice or ability to say no.

For that reason I believe the West, and particularly liberals and feminism should stand with those who do not have a voice and ban such garb.

Poster who doesn’t know what the thread title is here folks...I can pretty much bet there are hair salons in Muslim countries. That isn’t what is at debate here. But carry on with your outrage over my lol at a hair salon joke.
This is the post you liked,
That's what Muslims need to do. Do you think a hair stylist will be able to open a salon in the Islamic future?

anyone following the flow of conversation can see what triggered this spat between us. So yeah, tell us again about the difficulties of opening up a hair salon in a Muslim country.

This is the post you liked,

I’m flattered you find my like of that post I found amusing so interesting. I’ve already forgotten the entirety of it and you’re not worth arguing about hair salons for me to back track to find it. Feel free to keep asking though ...

Choice can be conditioned however.

There should be no doubt what the original intent of such religious garb is and that is control of women and their sexuality which is seen as evil or negative or dangerous.

agree that luckier women living in the West have the freedom to choose it often or not without consequence but even often here in the West the social pressure and shaming is significant.

We have to recognize it is a choice that often is accompanied with massive amounts of coercion and often forced on those with the least voice or ability to say no.

For that reason I believe the West, and particularly liberals and feminism should stand with those who do not have a voice and ban such garb.

Yeah, I always hear that from Westerners, and funny enough, the women gets insulted when they hear it as well.

https://theculturetrip.com/middle-e...-should-never-say-to-someone-wearing-a-hijab/
https://www.glamourmagazine.co.uk/article/women-reveal-why-they-choose-to-wear-a-hijab
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/iranian-women-hijab-protest-freedom_us_5a70db36e4b0be822ba12de2

I know some of you guys have trouble understanding this, but there's something called faith and modesty, and some people prefer to dress that way.
Js1NpRZ.png

LOL @ all these Islam apologists...there are millions of ex muslims that would like to have a word with you. Here's just a few to give you an example

I especially love the guy who tells them when they left Islam they were no longer part of the family. LOL at the left separating church and state in the 90s and trying to introduce Islam in the 2000's.

Islam has ruined almost every country it’s been widely introduced to. Most of us with logic are well aware of this.

Any white western woman who participates in the hijab day could try going to an Islamic shithole alone like perhaps Somalia and see what happens. I wouldn’t recommend it but there’s a good chance horribly savage and immoral things would happen to her before she was killed in the name of allah.

This thread is bringing all the fresh accounts out.

Yeah, I always hear that from Westerners, and funny enough, the women gets insulted when they hear it as well.

https://theculturetrip.com/middle-e...-should-never-say-to-someone-wearing-a-hijab/
https://www.glamourmagazine.co.uk/article/women-reveal-why-they-choose-to-wear-a-hijab
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/iranian-women-hijab-protest-freedom_us_5a70db36e4b0be822ba12de2

I know some of you guys have trouble understanding this, but there's something called faith and modesty, and some people prefer to dress that way.
Js1NpRZ.png
I understand faith and modesty and it changes nothing I said.

I understand faith and modesty and it changes nothing I said.
Give it a rest already, if you want women to have to wear this shit that’s your issue. As posted above many formers would love to tell you how ridiculous you sound.

Give it a rest already, if you want women to have to wear this shit that’s your issue. As posted above many formers would love to tell you how ridiculous you sound.
WTF? No you give it a rest. I will keep talking. And if you want me to post videos of how many saying its abusive just let me know how many if you think that makes the point and how ridiculous you are being.

WTF? No you give it a rest. I will keep talking. And if you want me to post videos of how many saying its abusive just let me know how many if you think that makes the point and how ridiculous you are being.
I think I quoted the wrong post my bad. I have no idea what side you’re on from what you’re saying here

the insanity that 3rd wave feminists promote the hijab as some kind of liberating symbol is just another example of how misguided they are...

And what kind of society tells women they need to cover their hair, and even faces/skin in order to be modest? Women from Muslim backgrounds didn’t just evolve the belief that covering themselves is modest, it’s societally reinforced and demanded of them.

I’ve asked friends of mine that are Muslim women why they wear the hijab/niqab and it’s almost unanimously because it’s makes them feel closer to Allah. How is it not religiously based coercion to tell women that to forge a proper relationship with their supreme being (Allah), something seen incredibly important in Islam, they need to cover themselves up in the name of modesty and decency?

Why aren’t the men asked to cover themselves up in the name of modesty and decency to “feel closer to Allah”? It’s religiously reinforced inequality that treats women as second class citizens and done to suppress female sexuality (similar to another practice committed unto Muslim women by a large percentage called FGM) , and to describe it any other way is backwards.

I have no problem women wearing the hijab in the west, but I certainly have a problem with people trying to portray it as empowering or modest.

haha yeah but its mostly women don't want to their 5 year old daughter walking down the street and seeming some strange man's large semi erect penis.
I don't want my 5 year old daughter seeing knockers falling out of shirts all over the place and asses hanging out the back of shorts. I just have to deal with it.

There's a difference between being forced to do something, and choosing to do something. Not that I expect you care about that difference given that you think "Islam is evil". You seem to follow twitter accounts, or webpages that constantly feed in to your fear of Islam.

It’s actually about whether women, who were born into that mess, would be unharmed if they decided one day to ditch the hijab. Pretty sure anyone who’s been to a majority Islamic country knows the answer.

World Hijab Day.......... LMFAO

These so-called "feminists" aren't helping their fellow women with this.

"Let's go and ask some covered muslim women if they're force to cover up shall we?"
"Excuse me, are you forced to wear a hijab/burka each day?"

"No"

"Well there you have it ladies and gentlemen, it's official, women covering up in islam is strictly by choice, you just can't argue with that."

I've seen tv reporter do that type of thing, what do they expect these women to say? "Oh help me, please help me!" "I've been forced to cover up since i was 6 yrs old and i hate it."

These people should talk to female ex-muslims, but of course those women wouldn't give the 'right' answers, would they?

I recommend people go read[or listen on audiobook via youtube] some Ayaan Hirsi Ali books or watch/listen to some videos of her talks.

The only reason Muslims wear the hijab today is because of Mohammed's jealousy. I think it was Abu Bakar who told him he saw one of Mohammed's wives peeing, or something like that, and the next day Mohammed, aka Allah, came up with this new revelation about women covering up.

As a man I understand why this was easily accepted and reinforced. Men are naturally jealous about their wives and hate to think that other men check their wives out.

Back