World Cup of MMA qualifiers thread.....fighters are in!!!

Hard question to answer without parameters of what makes a major league org layed out. I could really make the argument quite easily that the UFC is truly the only major league of MMA. Guess a baseline to be considered major league I'd look at........

Ok I will answer that....

Major leagues for me in this certain scenario isnt a money based thing it's more about quality of fighters.I want the orgs with the best fighters from that region.

Like LFA doesn't qualify as it's a regional promotion compared to the big boys in north America.....but an org like pancrase or something could be eligible because for that region they are one of the bigger names orgs.

Anyone think combate Americas should be in?

Anyone think combate Americas should be in?

If your basing on just signing the better/most of the better fighters in that area then yes since Latin America doesn't seem to put out that many top MMA fighters.

But they fall pretty short on everything else so it's hard for me to consider them anywhere in the same conversation as many other orgs at this point. Maybe three years from things are different.

If your basing on just signing the better/most of the better fighters in that area then yes since Latin America doesn't seem to put out that many top MMA fighters.

But they fall pretty short on everything else.

Yeah I agree I can't even think of another Latin org like them lol

Ideally I'd even like to do a qualifiers round for different regions to allow a few smaller orgs to have a shot to make it in after a small regional tournament.

In my vision this world cup of Mma would be held every 2-4 years so there would be time to hold qualifiers but right now I'll focus on bigger orgs to make it a little easier.

Yeah, that sounds cool. I like the idea of holding it every 2 to 4 years. Fighters that held onto the world title would be up for GOAT status, below Fedor of course.

Idk.I think there's a decent Mexican promotion. Maybe MFC for Canada if they're still going.

not sure but i know TKO has been back at it for few years now

M1
Rizin (based on population)
and i think of the rest of them basically as regional promotions we just know about , granted some have pretty big regions i guess

Here are the representatives outside the states so far....
(2nd fighter is alternate)

ONE FC=(C)Brandon Vera (15-7)/Alexandre Machado(8-3)

Jungle Fight=(C)Roggers Souza (8-0)/Marcus Vinicius Lopes(12-7)

EFC=(C)Dalcha Lungiambula (9-1)/Ruan Potts(11-6)

Cage Warriors=(C)Mauro Cerrilli (12-2)/Karl Moore(8-2)

KSW=(C) Phil de Fries (16-6)/Karol Bedorf(15-4)

Brave FC=Fabiano Silva (4-1)/Ramadan Mohammed(6-3)

Combate Americas= Alejandro Solorzano (3-2)/Mike Villareal(1-1)

DEEP=Yusuke Kawaguchi (19-13)/Ryo Sakai(7-8)

Pancrase= Hikaru Sato (24-24)/Jonathan Ivey(41-37)

Akhmat Fight Club=Alexander Emelianenko (28-7)/Tony Johnson jr(11-4)

RIZIN=Mirko Crocop (37-11)/Roque Martinez(12-4)

Road FC=Mighty Mo (12-6)/Mu Bae Choi(13-7)

Fight Nights=Mikhail Mokhnatkin (11-2)/Viktor Pesta(13-5)

M-1 Global=Nikolay Savilov (13-3)/Dimitry Mikutsa(9-5)

ACB=Amir Aliakbari (9-1)/Denis Smoldarev(13-4)

I really wanted to put Roque Martinez as representative of DEEP I know hes moved to RIZIN but it would make the tourney much better.......same with fight nights I'd like to use pavlovich but I know the UFC swooped him but it would make the tourney better.....

If there aren't too many objections I may put them in just for fun since HW isnt the deepest abroad...btw I have alternates for everyone just in case of injury.

ANY THOUGHTS GUYS????

Last edited:
Here are the representatives outside the states so far....
(2nd fighter is alternate)

ONE FC=(C)Brandon Vera (15-7)/Alexandre Machado(8-3)

Jungle Fight=(C)Roggers Souza (8-0)/Marcus Vinicius Lopes(12-7)

EFC=(C)Dalcha Lungiambula (9-1)/Ruan Potts(11-6)

Cage Warriors=(C)Mauro Cerrilli (12-2)/Karl Moore(8-2)

KSW=(C) Phil de Fries (16-6)/Karol Bedorf(15-4)

Brave FC=Fabiano Silva (4-1)/Ramadan Mohammed(6-3)

Combate Americas= Alejandro Solorzano (3-2)/Mike Villareal(1-1)

DEEP=Yusuke Kawaguchi (19-13)/Ryo Sakai(7-8)

Pancrase= Hikaru Sato (24-24)/Jonathan Ivey(41-37)

Akhmat Fight Club=Alexander Emelianenko (28-7)/Tony Johnson jr(11-4)

RIZIN=Mirko Crocop (37-11)/

Road FC=Mighty Mo (12-6)/Roque Martinez(12-4)

Fight Nights=Mikhail Mokhnatkin (11-2)/Viktor Pesta(13-5)

M-1 Global=Nikolay Savilov (13-3)/Dimitry Mikutsa(9-5)

ACB=Amir Aliakbari (9-1)/Denis Smoldarev(13-4)

I really wanted to put Roque Martinez as representative of DEEP I know hes moved to RIZIN but it would make the tourney much better.......same with fight nights I'd like to use pavlovich but I know the UFC swooped him but it would make the tourney better.....

If there aren't too many objections I may put them in just for fun since HW isnt the deepest abroad...btw I have alternates for everyone just in case of injury.

ANY THOUGHTS GUYS????

Solid list! Interested to see how this all pans out.

Funny to see Brandon vera is set to take on Mauro Cerilli Haha

I guess I could make them match up in the first round so it can play out in real life haha.

Funny to see Brandon vera is set to take on Mauro Cerilli Haha

I guess I could make them match up in the first round so it can play out in real life haha.

Yeah, that fight should be a first rounder for sure since they are fighting.

Ok guys thx for feedback and ideas I will now do a talent breakdown,add in north American orgs and make brackets for the first round fights.

Cheers!!!

I'm adding 2 more fighters to even the numbers out to 20 competitors.

So RCC from Russia is sending Ivan Shtyrkov (13-0),and as alternate Denis Goltsov(22-5)

And TKO from Canada is sending its champion Cyril Gane (2-0),and as alternate Adam Dyczka(7-1)

I'm adding 2 more fighters to even the numbers out to 20 competitors.

So RCC from Russia is sending Ivan Shtyrkov (13-0),and as alternate Denis Goltsov(22-5)

And TKO from Canada is sending its champion Cyril Gane (2-0),and as alternate Adam Dyczka(7-1)

Just like a true world cup with fighters coming in from orgs. around the world. I really like how this is setup.

most the picks are pretty good. lots of classics from around the world

kinda wish Kudin was involved

most the picks are pretty good. lots of classics from around the world

kinda wish Kudin was involved

If I had a choice of fighters to throw in there I would pick undefeated Sergey Pavlovich.

If I had a choice of fighters to throw in there I would pick undefeated Sergey Pavlovich.

If he hadn't signed with the UFC I totally would but he has but I definetly like him and I agree haha.

I

If he hadn't signed with the UFC I totally would but he has but I definetly like him and I agree haha.

I

Yeah, that's right he went to UFC. Forgot about that.

Back