World Cup of MMA qualifiers thread.....fighters are in!!!

FKA

AZ Hotshots/OAK Raiders/That Bellator guy
Banned
Reaction score
Here are the representatives outside the states so far....
(2nd fighter is alternate)

ONE FC=(C)Brandon Vera (15-7)/Alexandre Machado(8-3)

Jungle Fight=(C)Roggers Souza (8-0)/Marcus Vinicius Lopes(12-7)

EFC=(C)Dalcha Lungiambula (9-1)/Ruan Potts(11-6)

Cage Warriors=(C)Mauro Cerrilli (12-2)/Karl Moore(8-2)

KSW=(C) Phil de Fries (16-6)/Karol Bedorf(15-4)

Brave FC=Fabiano Silva (4-1)/Ramadan Mohammed(6-3)

Combate Americas= Alejandro Solorzano (3-2)/Mike Villareal(1-1)

DEEP=Yusuke Kawaguchi (19-13)/Ryo Sakai(7-8)

Pancrase= Hikaru Sato (24-24)/Jonathan Ivey(41-37)

Akhmat Fight Club=Alexander Emelianenko (28-7)/Tony Johnson jr(11-4)

RIZIN=Mirko Crocop (37-11)/Roque Martinez(12-4)

Road FC=Mighty Mo (12-6)/Mu Bae Choi(13-7)

Fight Nights=Mikhail Mokhnatkin (11-2)/Viktor Pesta(13-5)

M-1 Global=Nikolay Savilov (13-3)/Dimitry Mikutsa(9-5)

ACB=Amir Aliakbari (9-1)/Denis Smoldarev(13-4)

TKO=(C) Cyril Gane (2-0)/Adam Dyczka (7-1)

RCC=Ivan Shtyrkov (13-0)/Denis Goltsov (22-5)

I really wanted to put Roque Martinez as representative of DEEP I know hes moved to RIZIN but it would make the tourney much better.......same with fight nights I'd like to use pavlovich but I know the UFC swooped him but it would make the tourney better.....

If there aren't too many objections I may put them in just for fun since HW isnt the deepest abroad...btw I have alternates for everyone just in case of injury.

ANY THOUGHTS GUYS????

Just read Brandon Vera(ONE) is fighting Mauro Cerilli(Cage Warriors) so I can make that matchup for first round so it can play out in real life haha!!

Last edited:
In order to me
1. ACB
2. ONE (second best roster... some events without really good quality lately but still cool, they kinda lost me with the rules modifications)
3. FNG
4. Rizin (Best rules IMO, some good GP format)
5. M1
6. CW and BAMMA (tons of talent of the UK, they ussually add names to the UFC and lately to Bellator)
7. KSW
8. Brave FC

Idk.I think there's a decent Mexican promotion. Maybe MFC for Canada if they're still going.

I think all of these leagues are major leagues. Only UFC fanboys think these leagues are minor or b leagues. All these organizations have fucking killers. The only thing I’d consider minor leagues are regional promotions that don’t even have tv deals. But as for RIZIN, KSW, One, those are all major leagues. All those leagues have legitimate high level athletes.

The only major orgs I have running today are:

UFC
Bellator
PFL
ONE
Rizin
Invicta FC
KSW, but it's on the cusp.

That's all. To be a "major" organization, I think there needs to be a threshold. Either they hold events in multiple nations (or states if exclusively in the US) or they have some kind of international acclaim/interest that brings fans from all around the world to watch them, whether live or broadcast. Something that sets them apart, you know.

Relatively large organizations from within a country that have had a lot of events don't necessarily rise to the level of "major" to me include: ACB, FNG/EFN, M-1, Combate Americas, Pancrase, Shooto, KOTC, LFA, Bamma, Cage Warriors, ROAD, DEEP, Jungle Fight, EFC, CES, Brave, Supah Fite Leeg, and the like, which aren't quite at that level.

At the end of the day, though, orgs being called "major" is somewhat of an opinion question.

Invicta FC is a minor league at this point.

Fight Nights Global big comeback card over the weekend barely had the flash of their prior events, but there were still good fights. The promotion along with ACB could fall fast off these lists. However's ACB's card strength has improved due to less shows.

In order to me
1. ACB
2. ONE (second best roster... some events without really good quality lately but still cool, they kinda lost me with the rules modifications)
3. FNG
4. Rizin (Best rules IMO, some good GP format)
5. M1
6. CW and BAMMA (tons of talent of the UK, they ussually add names to the UFC and lately to Bellator)
7. KSW
8. Brave FC

Bamma? They are close to done, Bellator sign ed all their guys

KSW - Europe
ONE - Asia
Combate Americas - Central America
BRAVE - Middle East

The most I enjoy is Rizin, KSW and I Also like road fc, but I don't know if they as big as they used to with the new owners...

Acb is out of air right now, m1 is not what they used to be. And I've never liked one since they are self promoter liars, with ballooned numbers.

Lol mfc died years ago

Oh. I stopped following after I stopped getting AxsTV.They had some good champs Douglas Lima, Jimmo, Newton.

It would be interesting if the Olympics added MMA I know it's been discussed.

Last edited:
I think all of these leagues are major leagues. Only UFC fanboys think these leagues are minor or b leagues. All these organizations have fucking killers. The only thing I’d consider minor leagues are regional promotions that don’t even have tv deals. But as for RIZIN, KSW, One, those are all major leagues. All those leagues have legitimate high level athletes.
I agree with everything you said about ONE and KSW as one of the major league mma promotions outside the UFC, but I cannot consider RIZIN as part of it (this promotion can collapse anytime).

I agree with everything you said about ONE and KSW as one of the major league mma promotions outside the UFC, but I cannot consider RIZIN as part of it (this promotion can collapse anytime).
For myself I try to view the athletes as the main reasoning behind what makes a promotion “major league.” If we’re talking financials then yes you’re right Rizin is probably not there. But if we’re talking about solely the athletes then it’s hard not to consider Rizin major leagues with guys like Gooch, Tenshin, Cro Cop etc.

RIZIN, KSW, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global, ACB

1) ACB
2) ONE
3) KSW
4) Cage Warriors
5) RIZIN

Pretty much it.
I consider FNG, M-1, ROAD FC, WFCA, BAMMA, Invicta FC and Brave big leagues, but still very regional.

Yeah I have a decent idea of who I'm going to use I was just wondering of anyone had any good orgs from regions I'm not that familiar with I'd like to have as many regions represented as possible.

Let's do it by region

By the way no WMMA will be included so Invicta is not included.

Yeah I have a decent idea of who I'm going to use I was just wondering of anyone had any good orgs from regions I'm not that familiar with I'd like to have as many regions represented as possible.

Let's do it by region

By the way no WMMA will be included so Invicta is not included.

That sounds interesting setting this up by region like a true world cup.

These are the most mentioned orgs I've gotten sent to ME.....

UFC
Bellator
PFL
RIZIN FF
KSW
ACB
FNG
ONE
EFC
Akhmat Fight Club
Cage Warriors
Jungle Fights
Road Fc
Pancrase
Deep
M-1 Global

Any other orgs people feel should be represented?

That sounds interesting setting this up by region like a true world cup.

Ideally I'd even like to do a qualifiers round for different regions to allow a few smaller orgs to have a shot to make it in after a small regional tournament.

In my vision this world cup of Mma would be held every 2-4 years so there would be time to hold qualifiers but right now I'll focus on bigger orgs to make it a little easier.

Hard question to answer without parameters of what makes a major league org layed out. I could really make the argument quite easily that the UFC is truly the only major league of MMA. Guess a baseline to be considered major league I'd look at........

Having a TV deal has to be one of the major points and making some money of them. Just cause your on TV only means so much.
Having consistent shows and been around a few years.
Being somewhat of a player in the MMA free agency world.
A lot of orgs have a few fighters can or possibly compete towards the top of there division in the world. But does having maybe three guys really make you "major league", to each their own on that. Signing a fighter in the twilight of their career to me doesn't necessarily give your org legitimate reason to being called "major league" either.
Always trying to move up in the world of MMA to me is important.
I think on some level being self sustainable is important.

There is a lot of products in this world that are massive in one country and the rest of the world they are almost nonexistence. Does that make them a major player in that field or not? That is why I say truly the UFC is the only major player across the board and around the world. Bellator is a solid second and with the DAZN deal at least is stable for the next three years. ONE probably third and questionable how long they can hang on. PFL and RIZIN after that and both of them very questionable if they'll be here three years from now. Rest of the them to me is more or less very regional with many of them being propped up deep pockets and that will only last so long.

Back