Workout Time

Duncon76

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Anyone doing any crazy times to workout because thats the only time you can do it, like getting up at 4am? How is it working out for you? :eek:

Yo, everyday for the last two weeeks I've been trying to wake up at 4 just so I can run a few miles before school as an addition to my normal daily workouts in the evening, and every single day I just either hit the snooze button or unplug the clock. Tommorow man, tommorow will be the day I do it.

I've gone through times where I trained at 1 or 2 in the morning. I seemed to have the most energy at that time!!

I keep weird hours, so I usually prefer to train as late at night as possible. The gym I go to closes at 10:30, so I usually go at around 9-9:30 and stay until it closes. If I could train in the wee hours of the morning, I would, but 4 am is more of a fairly late hour for me than a very early one

morganfreeman said:
I keep weird hours, so I usually prefer to train as late at night as possible. The gym I go to closes at 10:30, so I usually go at around 9-9:30 and stay until it closes. If I could train in the wee hours of the morning, I would, but 4 am is more of a fairly late hour for me than a very early one

You don't have to wake up for school man. lol.

Actually, my energy usually peaks late at night or an hour or two after I wake up!

Brand Nizzle said:
You don't have to wake up for school man. lol.

This is true. But there have been times when I had to get up very early for work, and I've always been pretty useless before midafternoon. I've always felt my best between around 7pm and 3am

I believe that as long as you're getting a good, restful night's sleep, then your body can adjust to whatever rigors you subject it to.

Of course, you still have to eat well and maintain the other building blocks of health, but your body can adjust to any sleep schedule, so long as it's a consistent schedule.

I worked alone on third shift in a paternity testing lab for a while. There was a Gold's gym about a half mile up the road so I used to go lift for about 45 minutes to an hour at about two in the morning when I had time between assays. It worked out pretty good. The place was always empty.

i tend to have great workouts early in the morning. my mind is usually clear of the bullshit that builds up throughout the day, and i can focus on lifting.

Back