Workout Motivation... or Lack There of

I always manage to find something to motivate me. Always little random things, don't remember most of them.

Currently it's two things.

The first is the BW OHP contest. I'm very competitive. I have no problem with losing if I tried as hard as I can to win. If I don't try though, I get pissed.

The second is my friend Will. He's a bouncer that I work with, didn't know if he lifted or trained or anything. He's about my height (6'4-5") and weighs around 305lbs. He's big, hands twice the size of mine, just has a large frame. He's not fat, but not obviously muscular. The other day I figured out he benched 505 for a triple.

my motivation for training is the very simplistic ideal of improving oneself each day. One reason why i love training and exercising is that i definitively know that i'm a better person after the workout, from a physiological standpoint (barring injuries) and in terms of physical health, even if i don't shatter any PRs or anything. In my opinion, becoming "satisfied" with one's training and current physical standards is the worst possible outcome imaginable. When you're about to complete a goal, you should already have the next one in mind (i agree with the earlier suggestion you should probably start choosing strength/athletics-oriented goals rather than body weight and fat% ones since the latter can only go so much before it becomes detrimental).

I've always liked this nike commercial (which is almost a perfect visual corollary with urban's post): YouTube - reincarnate nike free ad

good luck and happy training

Back