Working out: Whats all the fuss about?

Monday, Wednesday, Friday i do a heavy full body workout lifting the most i can for 6-8 reps never repeating the same excercise. Granted i do work the same muscle groups just different excercises. I do this with no rest and for a full hour. Pushing the reps out with as much speed and control that i can muster.

My logic is im trying to replicate a fighting situation. We spar on friday nights for an hour and a half and i want to be able to go though the whole thing at full speed all out balls to the wall.

My question is, will this help with my goal of trying to go all out on friday nights sparing or should i be changing things?

Do you do anything else than the above? You don't mention it in the thread. If not then you need to add in sparring, conditioning, etc of some kind. Also how are you doing different exercises for a full hour if you only do one once then move on to a different one? You also mention that you're hitting the same muscle groups but that makes me think, along with your last statement, that you're doing too many exercises for your own good.

If its working for you and you like it, whatever. That's up to you but if you don't do anything else, again assuming you don't, then I would change your routine around.

Back