working out properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgracie14

White Belt
Reaction score
I've seen many posts about workouts but the difference is i'm short and small.
i'm 5'0.08" 104lbs I am trying to work on my upperbody strength but I can only lift so much, how do I built on my arm muscles?

i run everyday, i do agility training 3x a week, I can push 340 I can only free weight lift 45.

what can i do to increase strength?

Squat, Bench, Deadlift.

Drink milk.

Sleep.

Rinse, Repeat.

im not going to tell you how to split your workout as a lot of people on this forum are nazis about how to divide up muscles but here are some exercises

biceps:
dumbbell curls
barbell curls
preacher curls
incline curls
chin ups/pull ups
cable curls

triceps:
dips
pushdowns
skullcrushers
extensions

forearms:
reverse curls
dumbbell spinners
wrist curls
reverse wrists curls
deadlifts (also work lower back a lot though)
farmers walk

if you only want to put on arm mass here they are
(might need to youtube some of these)

^Please note, the above split will not make you stronger.

Edit: ughhh so many curls, I didn't see the deadlifts and dips and farmers walks. I'm all for adding some curls to your routine, but you don't need 3-10.

im not going to tell you how to split your workout as a lot of people on this forum are nazis about how to divide up muscles but here are some exercises

biceps:
dumbbell curls
barbell curls
preacher curls
incline curls
chin ups/pull ups
cable curls

triceps:
dips
pushdowns
skullcrushers
extensions

forearms:
reverse curls
dumbbell spinners
wrist curls
reverse wrists curls
farmers walk

Keep the deads, chins, dips, and farmer's walk. Use the rest of that stuff as assistance if anything. I stopped doing all the arm-centric assistance and actually got stronger there from bench, press, deads, and rows only.

biceps:
dumbbell curls
barbell curls
preacher curls
incline curls
chin ups/pull ups
cable curls

triceps:
dips
pushdowns
skullcrushers
extensions

forearms:
reverse curls
dumbbell spinners
wrist curls
reverse wrists curls
farmers walk

Needs moar curls.

Whatever you do, don't read the FAQ and follow the directions within: http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f13/strength-power-faq-v2-0-a-1339105/

It will make you small and weak.
sorry... i'm new my bad. chill bro but thanks for the note i'll check it.

Edit: ughhh so many curls, I didn't see the deadlifts and dips and farmers walks. I'm all for adding some curls to your routine, but you don't need 3-10.

it won't make me stronger? dag...not 3-10 for curls so how many?

Also, I'm curious as to what a dumbbell spinner is. Anyone know?

biceps:
dumbbell curls
barbell curls
preacher curls
incline curls
chin ups/pull ups
cable curls

triceps:
dips
pushdowns
skullcrushers
extensions

forearms:
reverse curls
dumbbell spinners
wrist curls
reverse wrists curls
farmers walk

Who the hell would do exercises that waste so much energy on the back?!

its not a routine.....its a list of exercises

Who the hell would do exercises that waste so much energy on the back?!

wow whats everyones deal with being so sarcastic? the kid said he only wants to do arms so i pointed that out. i probably work the posterior chain more than a lot of ppl here

The point is he asked a question that clearly indicates a lack of basic understanding of lifting weights for strength. Answering his question literally without providing a framework or context isn't doing him any good.

wow whats everyones deal with being so sarcastic? the kid said he only wants to do arms so i pointed that out. i probably work the posterior chain more than a lot of ppl here

If someone asks you for some lifts to increase their arm strength and you give them a list that has 5908568957 types of curls in it, what do you think they are going to do? That's right, they will most likely do a shitload of curling. You listed some good lifts, but you hid them with a massive amount of lifts that should be used sparingly in a program, if at all.

PowerHungry, you should bring back the milk + eggs + steak + squats + etc. pictures.

The point is he asked a question that clearly indicates a lack of basic understanding of lifting weights for strength. Answering his question literally without providing a framework or context isn't doing him any good.

and yes you see how butt hurt everyone got when i listed off exercises?
if i wouldve said "heres an arm routine", everyone would be freaking out.
i gave him exercises, now he can be a big boy and figure some other things out

PowerHungry, you should bring back the milk + eggs + steak + squats + etc. pictures.

Back by popular request.

food_steak.jpg

[SIZE=+2]+[/SIZE]

milk.jpg

[SIZE=+2]+[/SIZE]

eggs.jpg

[SIZE=+2]+[/SIZE]

Kazsqat2.jpg

[SIZE=+2]+[/SIZE]

Kazdlft2.jpg

[SIZE=+2]=[/SIZE]

rearlat.jpg

If someone asks you for some lifts to increase their arm strength and you give them a list that has 5908568957 types of curls in it, what do you think they are going to do? That's right, they will most likely do a shitload of curling. You listed some good lifts, but you hid them with a massive amount of lifts that should be used sparingly in a program, if at all.

hey i didnt say "do all these" i said"here are some exercises"
if you read that list and automatically assume you need to do them, you are a dumbass and jumping into weightlifting too quick. if the TS doesnt get the context of what im saying, that is his fault

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back