Working new kick combo

Paolo Delutis

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Im working on a new kick combo i havent really seen before,( in real fight footage) i thought of it randomly and wonder if anyone has tried it or use it..

Im still getting it down but it is essentially a fake teep or straight kick into a roundhouse (similar to a question mark kick ) into a spining crescent kick with my remaining leg

Here is a quickly shot video of me doing it only footage i have at the moment ( not the best form but just for reference)

Looking for some feedback and suggestions on if its effective or what i can do better

@Frode Falch
@Arm Barbarian
@DanTheWolfman.com

Last edited:
Not much to say really. Its a basic combo.

Not much to say really. Its a basic combo.

Thanks for replying..do you know of any fighters using this combo before in fights?

Im looking to build on it once i get it firing smooth enough, any suggestions on what to add to combo?

make sure you have landed a leg kick once or twice before throwing that fake ;)

As someone stated, really gotta sell it but BEFORE any of that, land a few low kicks first (the idea is to get them thinking about checking the low kick then fake low and go high).

Last edited:
Thanks for replying..do you know of any fighters using this combo before in fights?

Im looking to build on it once i get it firing smooth enough, any suggestions on what to add to combo?

Its not my fav way to land a spinning hook or round kick. But if you have to use this combo, its better to do it from a full roundhouse. Not a question mark kick. Because a normal roundhouse where you kick through the target will give you momentum to spinn into the next kick.

Its not my fav way to land a spinning hook or round kick. But if you have to use this combo, its better to do it from a full roundhouse. Not a question mark kick. Because a normal roundhouse where you kick through the target will give you momentum to spinn into the next kick.

Yeah ive thrown it that way too, its definetly more powerful that way.. Atleast for now as im still working on the rotation from the question mark kick.. I like the question mark kick setup because it might just freeze my opponent long enough for the other kick to land..with a roundhouse my opponent might just move away all together from the first kick and not be anywhere near me for the second..with the fake low and going high he might just stand his ground thinking its another low kick then get surprised by the high kick and finished with the spin kick..i know its not the most likely scenario but the more tools you have the better lol..

Hey guys,

Im working on a new kick combo i havent really seen before,( in real fight footage) i thought of it randomly and wonder if anyone has tried it or use it..

Im still getting it down but it is essentially a fake teep or straight kick into a roundhouse (similar to a question mark kick ) into a spining crescent kick with my remaining leg

Here is a quickly shot video of me doing it only footage i have at the moment ( not the best form but just for reference)

Looking for some feedback and suggestions on if its effective or what i can do better

@Frode Falch
@Arm Barbarian
@DanTheWolfman.com

I like it. Crescent kicks work awesome if you miss the first kick. I think if you just did a regular roundhouse kick it would be faster and more effective. Lots of fighters will try to counter after you miss them the first time and you can catch them as they come in with the crescent kick. A spinning backfist works great there too

I like it. Crescent kicks work awesome if you miss the first kick. I think if you just did a regular roundhouse kick it would be faster and more effective. Lots of fighters will try to counter after you miss them the first time and you can catch them as they come in with the crescent kick. A spinning backfist works great there too

As i mentioned above i have used it that way before, but i find sometimes my opponents or sparring partners are more incline to move out of range with a normal headkick roundhouse attempt, leaving them out of range for the crescent...

My thinking behind this combo is to throw a few right legs kicks or teeps, get him to notice those, then throw the question mark kick in the hopes it will surprise him or he will stand his ground thinking it'll go low and/or freeze him long enough in place for the second kick to land ..

And yeah spinning back fist would work too thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back