working at a place where you have to be someone who youre not...

As a teenager I had a job for 5 minutes with the Rainbow Vacuum Cleaner Company.

5 minutes in they started this team sales chant, and that was it. Retired on the spot.

Before I state the question, can anyone in here reply without trolling please?

What jokes?

To be fair it's kind of a reach to even call them jokes to begin with.

*starts to rain* "Hope you brought your swim trunks! Hahahaha!"

"Well let's hope the card won't get declined, otherwise these two will have to stay the whole night doing the dishes!" *points at his 8ish old kids* "Hahahaha!"

"Let's put that on a tab", "and on who's name will that be", "...the house! Hahahaha!"

etc....

To be fair it's kind of a reach to even call them jokes to begin with.

*starts to rain* "Hope you brought your swim trunks! Hahahaha!"

"Well let's hope the card won't get declined, otherwise these two will have to stay the whole night doing the dishes!" *points at his 8ish old kids* "Hahahaha!"

"Let's put that on a tab", "and on who's name will that be", "...the house! Hahahaha!"

etc....

Jesus wept. Those joke's are so America.

Isn't every job about pretending (to sell something, to make people feel better, false hopes, etc etc)? Mine sure as fuck all have been.
No.

A surgeon doesn't have to pretend.
A judge doesn't have to pretend.
They just show up and do their jobs. Tons of jobs like that.

Being able to communicate and relate to other people is not a bad thing to learn TS, I used to be shy, 15 years ago I started working with clients and making relationships, 15 years later Im the complete opposite I like to talk to people, learn and making connections... honestly I feel I have grown a lot because of that, because of learning to communicate and connect with others

I understand about the lying but to say "I dont enjoy other people" well man maybe life forcing you to do is not such a bad thing after all, what and who you are will change throughout your whole life.... good luck!

Last edited:
No.

He's just being broad with his definition. Most jobs that require you to work with other people, which I guess would be more than 95% of all jobs, mostly require you to be civil with coworkers. Sometimes, you feel like shit, and don't want to be civil. Guess what? You still act civil.

That's pretty much pretending.

No.

So you really think that every judge stands behind what they sentence someone to and not what it says in the law? You don't think they would like some huys getting nuked but have to do what it says in the books? And you also don't think that there are surgeons out there that give patients false hope of recovery just to be able to perform surgery to get paid more? :icon_lol:

Jesus wept. Those joke's are so America.

Since I'm swedish, it's pretty safe to say that they are international.

It's sort of the thing that unites the people of the world. Doesn't matter where you're from, you're still gonna annoy your waiter (some more than others though).

No.

You haven't been to court or law school, have you?

Ever had that job? I am in sales at the moment but not quite sure why. I am not the type of person who enjoys other people... Or lying to them to get a sale (which they encourage here).

Looking for another job...but not many pay the same. So, needing the money, I feel stuck.

Anyone else felt like this before? Stuck in their job cause of money?

Yup, get paid very little to get screamed at all day, i suck it up and put a smile on my face, knowing they wouldn't talk to me like that in person. I put up with a lot of shit and work my ass off in hopes of getting promoted for it. There's no way I could do this job for another full year though.

He's just being broad with his definition. Most jobs that require you to work with other people, which I guess would be more than 95% of all jobs, mostly require you to be civil with coworkers. Sometimes, you feel like shit, and don't want to be civil. Guess what? You still act civil.

That's pretty much pretending.
That's what I'm talking about really. I know that in both the medical field and the legal field there are people (experts) who simply have shitty social skills and make ZERO attempt to cooperate with people.

Not to mention people who for example repair cars for a living.
So you really think that every judge stands behind what they sentence someone to and not what it says in the law? You don't think they would like some huys getting nuked but have to do what it says in the books? And you also don't think that there are surgeons out there that give patients false hope of recovery just to be able to perform surgery to get paid more? :icon_lol:
Huh? A judge does what the law tells him to do. It doesn't matter whether he agrees with the law.

And I'm not saying EVERY judge this and EVERY surgeon that. That was the other guy.

Lol yeah. Had one boss suggest I take my shirt off and be more of a "showman" lol!
Luckily I'm in a place with a lot more dignity and people put up with my idiosyncracies rather than the other way around.

As a teenager I had a job for 5 minutes with the Rainbow Vacuum Cleaner Company.

5 minutes in they started this team sales chant, and that was it. Retired on the spot.

Chanting is a great way to get a sales team fired up and brainwashed. I wish my company did more chanting.

Back