Work-From-Home thread

Setup a new computer and again so many default settings allow apps to invade your privacy with absolutely everything. Mic, camera, pics, emails, contacts.

On the other hand, iOS 14.5 in the news for like over 90% of users NOT opting in to allow apps to track them and therefore ad sales revenue dropping. Good. F FB.

Half my team is working from home. The assignment ratio is terribly lopsided towards the people working on site. The portion of the team working from home frequently joke about waking up at 10 and hanging around the house all day in their pajamas watching movies. I don't really give a shit, I like working, but some of the people that work on site are getting so pissed. Waiting for it all to come to a head so I can witness the carnage.

I'm your teammate bro.

<Moves>

Whether people like it or, the likelihood of them getting promoted will be higher if they go into the office.

I mean, one of the factors that helped me get my new job in December was that I was willing to go into the office every day. The last person that was doing my job refused to come in and the reason they let her go was because she was terrible at communicating. My boss already had a bad taste in his mouth from it. He and the subject matter expert I work with come in every day and he wanted that in person collaboration.
i dont give a fuck, id rather have multiple jobs

Half my team is working from home. The assignment ratio is terribly lopsided towards the people working on site. The portion of the team working from home frequently joke about waking up at 10 and hanging around the house all day in their pajamas watching movies. I don't really give a shit, I like working, but some of the people that work on site are getting so pissed. Waiting for it all to come to a head so I can witness the carnage.
i do the same thing but why do they talk about that lol. its basically an unspoken thing here, im not gonna brag about it to coworkers, thats just dumb

i do the same thing but why do they talk about that lol. its basically an unspoken thing here, im not gonna brag about it to coworkers, thats just dumb

I have no idea. I think because they know they're protected regardless, and they like rubbing in the face of people they don't like. The way I see it, when it comes time for layoffs and justification of keeping positions... Are they gonna lay me off? Or the guy/gal doing fuck all working at home bragging about doing fuck all?

I have no idea. I think because they know they're protected regardless, and they like rubbing in the face of people they don't like. The way I see it, when it comes time for layoffs and justification of keeping positions... Are they gonna lay me off? Or the guy/gal doing fuck all working at home bragging about doing fuck all?
I thought I was in danger of getting laid off last year so I started applying for other positions. I ended up not getting laid off and was able find another job so ended up keeping both

Nice one, Sherlock.
I think you guys have some issues you need to resolve. Ever hired a psychologist or domestic councelor? Sherdog has some of the finest psychologists if you ever find yourself in marriage issues.

Three months into a work from home job and this is the worst productivity I have shown in any job and I pretty much sucked in all jobs that I had.

All I do is Sherdog, youtube and crypto all day. I should be thankful AF to have gotten this job in the first place (I am), but I have very little urgency in getting work done if I am in the house.

I just sent in my first important report to a board member and I didn't even half-ass it, I quarter-assed it. They'll sniff me out as a slacker soon enough.

Being unemployed or staying only for a short while on a job is bad for the record. I'll gut it out for at least another three months then look for something I can do better/ get paid better.

Update- My report was surprisingly well-received because my direct superior shifted a few things around and conveyed some of the importance of the findings.

Just curious, if anyone here is into sales? What is it like nowadays and/or during the height of the pandemic? How do you sell things that are not essential during a down economy? I need some insights for some other deliverables.

What size monitors are you guys using?

I'm thinking too much hassle to switch two monitors betw work and non-work computers, so am thinking about one bigger monitor.

What size monitors are you guys using?

I'm thinking too much hassle to switch two monitors betw work and non-work computers, so am thinking about one bigger monitor.
I have 2 work laptops, one for each job. I don't even bother connecting to monitors. I use the monitor strictly for my personal computer

I was locked down a lot of last year, worked from home most of it. Low productivity, lot of edibles and NBA and we had a good year, earned quite a bit of commission, not sure how it happened ha ha

I'll be working from home 3-4 days a week from now on, it's great. The whole company is doing it as we had an insanely productive year.

The amount of middle managers shitting themselves because it's become apparent that their entire job was to attend meetings and have "catch ups" is quite amusing though.

I find my work productivity is way better working from home, because I get my shit done by 10am so I can watch movies, listen to music, walk the dog, play video games, sleep etc, on work hours.
I don't get disturbed, don't have to deal with muppets face to face, my boss prefers me working at home because I don't call them out on their bullshit. I can do a days work in two hours, a weeks work in one day.
Why go into the office so I can watch the clock and shit post on Sherdog all day just to waste time?

I'm on Sherdog way less since I work at home, because there are way better things to do. My shooping days are over because I have no need to waste my time at home

That said I assume I'll be back in next month.

Also my business is better off because I'm using all my own stuff while at home. If I run out of something I buy it myself instead of calling in the office to pick something up

I find my work productivity is way better working from home, because I get my shit done by 10am so I can watch movies, listen to music, walk the dog, play video games, sleep etc, on work hours.
I don't get disturbed, don't have to deal with muppets face to face, my boss prefers me working at home because I don't call them out on their bullshit. I can do a days work in two hours, a weeks work in one day.
Why go into the office so I can watch the clock and shit post on Sherdog all day just to waste time?

I'm on Sherdog way less since I work at home, because there are way better things to do. My shooping days are over because I have no need to waste my time at home

That said I assume I'll be back in next month.

Also my business is better off because I'm using all my own stuff while at home. If I run out of something I buy it myself instead of calling in the office to pick something up

You fucking suck.
<JonesDXSuckIt>

Cherdawg makes going to work bearable that's why.

Back