Words & phrases you can't stand/ Words & phrases you really like.

squeezewax

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Hate hearing people say, 'Shut up' when they mean they don't believe what they've just heard.
The term 'blowjob' is another ugly sounding word, imo.
Sick of hearing 'awesome' when someone happens to like something. Once upon a time you'd only hear the word very ocassionally when something REALLY special happened. These days of course people exclaim it at a drop of a hat.

My favourite word is SHEER.
Not because of it's meaning though. I just like the sound of it and especially the way it looks, the shape of those particular letters in that particular order!

When someone comes from some tough neighbourhood and talk like it means something

The term 'blowjob' is another ugly sounding word, imo.

Fun blowjob fact: the word derives from Victorian English hookers originally saying "below job" (i.e. fellatio) that over time came to sound like "blowjob"

Great word imo

Can't stand:

"...in my opinion"

This Hot Wheels kid reviewer always throws in something "... in my opinion" as if to try to sound smart.

"No there there"

wlp5XuGgoGRi8ODWZT4F8zMdBAhUa8gBrHAuxeSuqTQv2smd_s6cjNsvTjt3EbSd3bymxQTX_Ovd_FBl-_RadOAcKyPmi-IZWniWRnCKXZ9YtlhLorfAh-EBW2FjsdLFNbUIyBRFAvlvrfkN0o9D6Y8ucp4_

"below job"
Hoo wee that sounds so posh! Choice, yeh?

source.gif

...job.

Last edited:
People that say"I could care less" when trying to announce how little they care. Hey douche, that means you care enough now to have a position whereyou could care less. The term is "I couldn't care less".

Actually
If that makes sense
It is what it is

"Living my best life" makes me cringe a little.

Usually I know for a fact that the person could be living a much better life.

I hate the word arent. Lamest word imo.

Fun blowjob fact: the word derives from Victorian English hookers originally saying "below job" (i.e. fellatio) that over time came to sound like "blowjob"

Great word imo

I like the word more now, below job is good.
Can't stand how much i hear people start a sentence with the word 'so.'
'Basically' annoys me too. That's probably because i watch Judge Judy and she always reprimands users of the word, she also hates it when people say 'like.'

Back