Wooot

--Shogun--

White Belt
Reaction score
I tapped out my first adult Lol. Finally after 3 months of training :p. IM 16, 137 lbs. I do fine against those my own size but in todays class i finally tapped out an adult. Around mi pa's size so like 205-210 lbs. He has 3 stripes on his white. I saw and opening and went for it. I wasn't expecting him to tap... but then he did. I was like" Huh whats he doing with his hand.. he couldnt be tapping.. Oh crap hhe is!". Then let go :p

That is one of the advantages of grappling vs striking. Most teenagers your size could not trade blows with an adult, but with good grappling technique... you can tap an adult. Congrats.

Well done. There's many other small accomplishments like this in the future.

kumite said:
That is one of the advantages of grappling vs striking. Most teenagers your size could not trade blows with an adult, but with good grappling technique... you can tap an adult. Congrats.

true

I am 19 and taped a 80 year old! :p
Joking, congrats man, funny goal, but if it works for ya go for it. I say you should focus more on tapping anyone with a belt higher than yours, than worrying about tapping adults. Dont let me put ya down though, I give you your props. +10 Cool Points.

Iloveshamrock said:
I am 15 and I constantly tap adult white striped Belts..

But your name is "I love shamrock," so I guess it all evens out.

Masakatsu Funaki #1 said:
I am 19 and taped a 80 year old! :p
Joking, congrats man, funny goal, but if it works for ya go for it. I say you should focus more on tapping anyone with a belt higher than yours, than worrying about tapping adults. Dont let me put ya down though, I give you your props. +10 Cool Points.

Thats the next step :p

micwheel said:
What did you tap him with??

I had his back.. well kind of..I was a bit to the side and couldnt get his back fully. And I did a choke from the rear. I duno wat it is called tho... im sure there are plenty of differant chokes from there with the gi. and i have no clue wat any of them are called. I learned it a few weeks ago.

young guys usually have a pretty good flexiblity advantage as well as good energy recovery/stamina

I feel kind of bad now tho.. just thinking about what hes thinking.. He must feel like he sucks. Damn it.

kumite said:

I trained striking a lot when I was a young teenager. I have always been skinny. I sparred adults a lot and did fine.

Just like how strikers tend to think grappling is nothing but strength, grapplers tend to feel the same about striking. In reality, speed, accuracy, timing, and technique are WAY more important than pure strength in striking. Using the above, I was able to hang with adults much stronger than me in striking when I was a young teenager.

In both grappling and striking, technique and training makes a huge difference.

--Shogun-- said:
I feel kind of bad now tho.. just thinking about what hes thinking.. He must feel like he sucks. Damn it.

NO!

Stop that!

*smacks the kid around some*

SNAP OUT OF IT! Get back on the mat and do it again!

For fucks sake.

--Shogun-- said:

well hey it was his job to stop you and if he couldnt do it then thats his fault.

Back