Woodley Wants to Kill Edwards

Is Woodley still a killer?

• Total voters
Apparently Dana said he was going to remove Woodley from the rankings if he didn't accept this fight
Sheesh.
That's fucking rough man.
Woodley is hard to like but I feel for him a bit right now... Dude is in an really tough position.
Conor, Jorge, Colby and company have completely taken his shine atop the division and he just lost his belt and his boss hates him.
Dude is in no man's Land

When Tyron says "kill" does he mean throw 18 total strikes on his way to a majority draw? Sounds good.

Woodley is one of the most UNDERRATED fighters on the roster

Strong wrestler, high fight IQ and KO power

It is no surprise that GSP did not want to face him

lol how so? Nobody underrates him. Any complaints were about his charisma-vacuum entitled personality and boring style but nobody thinks he isn't elite. That doesn't take away from the fact that he arguably still lost to Wonderboy twice, underperformed against Maia, beat an overrated Till, and got completely outclassed by Usman.

Woodley was not a top contender prior to GSP retiring. Woodley had recent losses to Marquardt (brutal KO) and Shields (SD). Woodley hit his stride after GSP retired. Woodley also lost to GSP training partner Rory MacDonald subsequent to GSP retirement.

GSP could've fought Woodley instead of Michael Ping. And lmao @ losing to a training partner being any kind of respectable metric ...

Woodley is greatly evolved since the Rory Mac fight anyway. It is clear that you don't watch his fights

Great fighters, I take nothing from their skill. I’m not bashing them. I’m saying when Tyron has more fans than that person’s own country…

Who the fuck is a fan of tyron woodley

lol how so? Nobody underrates him. Any complaints were about his charisma-vacuum entitled personality and boring style but nobody thinks he isn't elite. That doesn't take away from the fact that he arguably still lost to Wonderboy twice, underperformed against Maia, beat an overrated Till, and got completely outclassed by Usman.
Woodley was the betting underdog 2X against Wonderboy. If you think that Wonderboy won twice, then you think MMA is about boring point fighting, so clearly we have diverging views. Woodley almost killed Thompson in both fights

GSP could've fought Woodley instead of Michael Ping. And lmao @ losing to a training partner being any kind of respectable metric ...

Woodley is greatly evolved since the Rory Mac fight anyway. It is clear that you don't watch his fights
I like Woodley and have seen many of his fights including Strikeforce prior to UFC. I'm a former wrestler and tend to root for former wrestlers. I also like that Woodley works with kids in his community. He is a good guy IMO. When a lot of people were crapping on Woodley on Sherdog about being boring and low output I defended him on many occasions which you can probably look up if you like. Bisping was a belt at another division so GSP could claim to be a two-division champion which is now kind of a big deal. That is why GSP came out of retirement for that fight, plus he got paid well. You should understand these things. MMA is a sport AND a business. BTW Woodley has never been a big draw so he is not a big $$$ fight. If GSP comes back again, my guess is that its vs. Khabib at 155 for the belt or at catch-weight after Khabib beats the current LW contenders and Dana is willing to let GSP chase a 3rd belt and $$$ vs. an undefeated Khabib.

I like Woodley and have seen many of his fights including Strikeforce prior to UFC. I'm a former wrestler and tend to root for former wrestlers. I also like that Woodley works with kids in his community. He is a good guy IMO. When a lot of people were crapping on Woodley on Sherdog about being boring and low output I defended him on many occasions which you can probably look up if you like. Bisping was a belt at another division so GSP could claim to be a two-division champion which is now kind of a big deal. That is why GSP came out of retirement for that fight, plus he got paid well. You should understand these things. MMA is a sport AND a business. BTW Woodley has never been a big draw so he is not a big $$$ fight. If GSP comes back again, my guess is that its vs. Khabib at 155 for the belt or at catch-weight after Khabib beats the current LW contenders and Dana is willing to let GSP chase a 3rd belt and $$$ vs. an undefeated Khabib.

Yet he didn't wanna fight Silva, who was a champion in a higher division and a huge draw. That would've been the greatest fight in history and a big payday both men. So yeah we all know why he fought Bisping ...

I still barely care about this fight but nice try guys

Yet he didn't wanna fight Silva, who was a champion in a higher division and a huge draw. That would've been the greatest fight in history and a big payday both men. So yeah we all know why he fought Bisping ...
Silva was not a huge draw. Look up past PPV sales, Silva was not a big draw. GSP and Lesnar were the big draws of that era. McGregor is the new PPV champ. Not Woodley. GSP felt good about going against Bisping and worked to book the fight. Anderson Silva never went up and fought Jon Jones even though they were relatively equal in size based upon walking around weight. Yadda Yadda Yadda...

Either Woodley is going to steam roll him, or he's going to be in for a long night. WW is not a division that lets guys age with dignity and 37 may be a half step to slow. Having nuclear hands only helps if you can land them.

seuu9e74ckb41.jpg

“I think Tyron looked at the landscape, said Tyron Woodley’s manager, Abraham Kawa, "and he said to himself, ‘OK, I got to get back to the mix of things.'

We forget: Tyron always fought the No. 1 contender every single time … when we’re now living in the day and age of everybody (calling out) the big superstar, we pick and choose who it’s OK for and who it’s not OK for.

“Tyron ended up with Leon, if that makes any sense. Leon, I think, has the same problem Kamaru does. People don’t relate; it’s very hard for them to sell a pay-per-view. Great fighters, I take nothing from their skill. I’m not bashing them. I’m saying when Tyron has more fans than that person’s own country…

giphy.gif

I told Tyron, ‘If you go to London and knock out Leon, you did the same thing Jorge Masvidal did a year ago.’ The only difference is, Masvidal walked in there and took fans from (Darren) Till compared to Tyron going into London and giving fans to Leon.

“He’s is completely and utterly just, ‘I’m going to kill people.' That’s where Tyron is right now mentally. He wants to be that killer. He’s going to be that killer, so I don’t think it matters anymore who, where and what. It just doesn’t matter to him anymore. He wants to fight!”

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020/01/ufc-london-why-tyron-woodley-accepted-leon-edwards-fight
Fight and win by KO or shut the fuck up

[Woodley is] a point fighter. He's going to clinch and jab Edwards until we all fall asleep. Edwards on the other hand will legitimately try to win through violence.

Thats so true!
If you invert the names, that is.
Otherwise you look like an ignorant fool, who's only started watching MMA about a year ago.

Depends what Woodley turns up but he should dominate Edwards.

Back