Woodley Wants to Kill Edwards

Is Woodley still a killer?

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
seuu9e74ckb41.jpg

“I think Tyron looked at the landscape, said Tyron Woodley’s manager, Abraham Kawa, "and he said to himself, ‘OK, I got to get back to the mix of things.'

We forget: Tyron always fought the No. 1 contender every single time … when we’re now living in the day and age of everybody (calling out) the big superstar, we pick and choose who it’s OK for and who it’s not OK for.

“Tyron ended up with Leon, if that makes any sense. Leon, I think, has the same problem Kamaru does. People don’t relate; it’s very hard for them to sell a pay-per-view. Great fighters, I take nothing from their skill. I’m not bashing them. I’m saying when Tyron has more fans than that person’s own country…

giphy.gif

I told Tyron, ‘If you go to London and knock out Leon, you did the same thing Jorge Masvidal did a year ago.’ The only difference is, Masvidal walked in there and took fans from (Darren) Till compared to Tyron going into London and giving fans to Leon.

“He’s is completely and utterly just, ‘I’m going to kill people.' That’s where Tyron is right now mentally. He wants to be that killer. He’s going to be that killer, so I don’t think it matters anymore who, where and what. It just doesn’t matter to him anymore. He wants to fight!”

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020/01/ufc-london-why-tyron-woodley-accepted-leon-edwards-fight

Last edited:
"Leon, I think, has the same problem Kamaru does. People don’t relate; it’s very hard for them to sell a pay-per-view."

They both have the same problem as Woodley. Does his manager think Woodley sells?

I'm a Woodley fan, but if he comes in over aggressive vs Edwards it might not go well for him. Woodley is the better overall fighter imo, but Edwards has much more technical and creative striking.

Just play him one of his rap songs.

All that tough guy shit goes out the window the moment Woodley faces adversity

Woodley is one of the most UNDERRATED fighters on the roster

Strong wrestler, high fight IQ and KO power

It is no surprise that GSP did not want to face him

Would be nice to see a fired up, non back peddling, trying to win and not trying to just mitigate Tyron Woodley show up. Been a while

How exactly does Woodley give Leon his fans by fighting him in London?
This is Tyron Woodley we're talking about right ? Am I out of the loop?
{<huh}

Let's see Woodley come forward and fight like he wants to win

He has the skills but he is always on the back foot with his back close to cage countering

It's going to be in London. That's brutal. The entire crowd and country will be behind Edwards. Edwards knows what opportunity he has career-wise. Oh yeah...and Edwards is legit. Very tough fight for Woodley. I like Edwards in a decision.

I'm actually looking forward to this fight, even though both fighters have had their share of stinkers. Leon isn't flashy, but the way he handled RDA was technically masterful.

I'll say...

What a strange conclusion to come to by his manager. Jorge KOing Till in London was completely different.
The whole article is really confusing. It’s like he doesn’t understand anything and is just talking

It's going to be in London. That's brutal. The entire crowd and country will be behind Edwards. Edwards knows what opportunity he has career-wise. Oh yeah...and Edwards is legit. Very tough fight for Woodley. I like Edwards in a decision.
Agreed.
Obviously Leon has wayy more to gain from a W here, but I honestly wonder if Woodley has anything to gain at all.

I mean, hardcores will give him props , and rightfully so because Edwards as you said is legit, but I don't most people will give a fuck. Plus, there's a lot of noise being made by others at the top of WW right now and Dana probably won't give him the Usman rematch off of it. I guess a win is still a win.

What do you think?

Woodley is one of the most UNDERRATED fighters on the roster

Strong wrestler, high fight IQ and KO power

It is no surprise that GSP did not want to face him
Woodley was not a top contender prior to GSP retiring. Woodley had recent losses to Marquardt (brutal KO) and Shields (SD). Woodley hit his stride after GSP retired. Woodley also lost to GSP training partner Rory MacDonald subsequent to GSP retirement.

Agreed.
Obviously Leon has wayy more to gain from a W here, but I honestly wonder if Woodley has anything to gain at all.

I mean, hardcores will give him props , and rightfully so because Edwards as you said is legit, but I don't most people will give a fuck. Plus, there's a lot of noise being made by others at the top of WW right now and Dana probably won't give him the Usman rematch off of it. I guess a win is still a win.

What do you think?
Apparently Dana said he was going to remove Woodley from the rankings if he didn't accept this fight

“I think Tyron looked at the landscape, said Tyron Woodley’s manager, Abraham Kawa, "and he said to himself, ‘OK, I got to get back to the mix of things.'

We forget: Tyron always fought the No. 1 contender every single time … when we’re now living in the day and age of everybody (calling out) the big superstar, we pick and choose who it’s OK for and who it’s not OK for.

“Tyron ended up with Leon, if that makes any sense. Leon, I think, has the same problem Kamaru does. People don’t relate; it’s very hard for them to sell a pay-per-view. Great fighters, I take nothing from their skill. I’m not bashing them. I’m saying when Tyron has more fans than that person’s own country…

I told Tyron, ‘If you go to London and knock out Leon, you did the same thing Jorge Masvidal did a year ago.’ The only difference is, Masvidal walked in there and took fans from (Darren) Till compared to Tyron going into London and giving fans to Leon.

“He’s is completely and utterly just, ‘I’m going to kill people.' That’s where Tyron is right now mentally. He wants to be that killer. He’s going to be that killer, so I don’t think it matters anymore who, where and what. It just doesn’t matter to him anymore. He wants to fight!”

giphy.gif

seuu9e74ckb41.jpg

giphy.gif

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020/01/ufc-london-why-tyron-woodley-accepted-leon-edwards-fight
Let's be honest, while he's capable Woodley is like Usman. Their fights don't consistently result in any real violence.

He's a point fighter. He's going to clinch and jab Edwards until we all fall asleep. Edwards on the other hand will legitimately try to win through violence. I just don't know if he can.

Back