Woodley Wants to Kill Edwards

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by ReadWrite, Jan 23, 2020.

?

Is Woodley still a killer?

1. Y

40.0%
  2. N

60.0%
  1. ReadWrite Banned Banned

[​IMG]
    “I think Tyron looked at the landscape, said Tyron Woodley’s manager, Abraham Kawa, "and he said to himself, ‘OK, I got to get back to the mix of things.'

We forget: Tyron always fought the No. 1 contender every single time … when we’re now living in the day and age of everybody (calling out) the big superstar, we pick and choose who it’s OK for and who it’s not OK for.

“Tyron ended up with Leon, if that makes any sense. Leon, I think, has the same problem Kamaru does. People don’t relate; it’s very hard for them to sell a pay-per-view. Great fighters, I take nothing from their skill. I’m not bashing them. I’m saying when Tyron has more fans than that person’s own country…

[​IMG]

I told Tyron, ‘If you go to London and knock out Leon, you did the same thing Jorge Masvidal did a year ago.’ The only difference is, Masvidal walked in there and took fans from (Darren) Till compared to Tyron going into London and giving fans to Leon.

“He’s is completely and utterly just, ‘I’m going to kill people.' That’s where Tyron is right now mentally. He wants to be that killer. He’s going to be that killer, so I don’t think it matters anymore who, where and what. It just doesn’t matter to him anymore. He wants to fight!”

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020/01/ufc-london-why-tyron-woodley-accepted-leon-edwards-fight

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
  2. 3nigma Brown Belt

"Leon, I think, has the same problem Kamaru does. People don’t relate; it’s very hard for them to sell a pay-per-view."

They both have the same problem as Woodley. Does his manager think Woodley sells?

3. Mongoosemk12 Blue Belt

I'm a Woodley fan, but if he comes in over aggressive vs Edwards it might not go well for him. Woodley is the better overall fighter imo, but Edwards has much more technical and creative striking.

4. elwani Instigate, dominate, annihilate

Just play him one of his rap songs.

5. aali14 Silver Belt

All that tough guy shit goes out the window the moment Woodley faces adversity

6. 20falarVerdades Silver Belt

Woodley is one of the most UNDERRATED fighters on the roster

Strong wrestler, high fight IQ and KO power

It is no surprise that GSP did not want to face him

7. Break Brick Black Belt

Would be nice to see a fired up, non back peddling, trying to win and not trying to just mitigate Tyron Woodley show up. Been a while

8. DragRacer Silver Belt

<Lmaoo><45><Lmaoo>

9. The Legendary Scarface Yellow Card Yellow Card

How exactly does Woodley give Leon his fans by fighting him in London?
    This is Tyron Woodley we're talking about right ? Am I out of the loop?
    {<huh}

10. clackers Purple Belt

Let's see Woodley come forward and fight like he wants to win

He has the skills but he is always on the back foot with his back close to cage countering

11. Zebra Cheeks 2Cheeks Staff Member Senior Moderator

I don’t exactly think woodley is big with the brits <Lmaoo>

12. FrankDux I'm tired of labels...

It's going to be in London. That's brutal. The entire crowd and country will be behind Edwards. Edwards knows what opportunity he has career-wise. Oh yeah...and Edwards is legit. Very tough fight for Woodley. I like Edwards in a decision.

13. The Legendary Scarface Yellow Card Yellow Card

I'll say...

What a strange conclusion to come to by his manager. Jorge KOing Till in London was completely different.

14. SovereignPhantom Blue Belt

I'm actually looking forward to this fight, even though both fighters have had their share of stinkers. Leon isn't flashy, but the way he handled RDA was technically masterful.

15. Zebra Cheeks 2Cheeks Staff Member Senior Moderator

The whole article is really confusing. It’s like he doesn’t understand anything and is just talking

16. The Legendary Scarface Yellow Card Yellow Card

Agreed.
    Obviously Leon has wayy more to gain from a W here, but I honestly wonder if Woodley has anything to gain at all.

I mean, hardcores will give him props , and rightfully so because Edwards as you said is legit, but I don't most people will give a fuck. Plus, there's a lot of noise being made by others at the top of WW right now and Dana probably won't give him the Usman rematch off of it. I guess a win is still a win.

What do you think?

17. robbie Brown Belt

Woodley was not a top contender prior to GSP retiring. Woodley had recent losses to Marquardt (brutal KO) and Shields (SD). Woodley hit his stride after GSP retired. Woodley also lost to GSP training partner Rory MacDonald subsequent to GSP retirement.

18. Londonjitsu Brown Belt

Apparently Dana said he was going to remove Woodley from the rankings if he didn't accept this fight

19. Medulla Omoplata Mayberry Comptroller

“I think Tyron looked at the landscape, said Tyron Woodley’s manager, Abraham Kawa, "and he said to himself, ‘OK, I got to get back to the mix of things.'

We forget: Tyron always fought the No. 1 contender every single time … when we’re now living in the day and age of everybody (calling out) the big superstar, we pick and choose who it’s OK for and who it’s not OK for.

“Tyron ended up with Leon, if that makes any sense. Leon, I think, has the same problem Kamaru does. People don’t relate; it’s very hard for them to sell a pay-per-view. Great fighters, I take nothing from their skill. I’m not bashing them. I’m saying when Tyron has more fans than that person’s own country…

I told Tyron, ‘If you go to London and knock out Leon, you did the same thing Jorge Masvidal did a year ago.’ The only difference is, Masvidal walked in there and took fans from (Darren) Till compared to Tyron going into London and giving fans to Leon.

“He’s is completely and utterly just, ‘I’m going to kill people.' That’s where Tyron is right now mentally. He wants to be that killer. He’s going to be that killer, so I don’t think it matters anymore who, where and what. It just doesn’t matter to him anymore. He wants to fight!”

[​IMG]

20. POWER2 My name is Power²

Let's be honest, while he's capable Woodley is like Usman. Their fights don't consistently result in any real violence.

He's a point fighter. He's going to clinch and jab Edwards until we all fall asleep. Edwards on the other hand will legitimately try to win through violence. I just don't know if he can.