Woodley vs Maia?!?!

wtkace**

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
We all know that Wonderboy sounds like the next person in the line for the championship bout, how about Maia? Obviously if Maia can't get through Condit, there is no reason to talk about it, but what if he won that fight?

Did Maia stand a chance against Woodley? Or should I ask: would Woodley accept that fight in the first place?

He is asking for a money fight, which I think Maia is an excellent choice for him right now. Reason is becuz right now Brazilian is lack of champ which will definitely chanting for Maia all the while. We saw how they react back then in UFC 198, I would they that this fight will means a lot to them hence become a money which Woodley been asking for.

Thanks for reading.

Maia can finish anyone, including woodley and wonderboy. Maia is a money fight for more than one reason. he is widely recognised and respected. BJJ people like him. MMA fans like him. and of course the brazilian crowd will tune in to see his title shot...

If he gets it to the ground, Maia can beat anyone in the division.

Of course. If somehow The Picky One beats Stephen and if Maia defeats Carlos , Maia will be next.
And Tyrun will have alot of dificulty in defeating either Stephen or Maia imo.

He can beat Woodley if he gets it to the ground but I imagine it would be a boring fight.

He needs to fight Thompson first, then the winner of Condit/Maia.

I had Maia taking the fight with Condit when it was 3 rounds, but if he doesnt get an early sub on Condit he's a dead man

Carlos by KO in the championship rounds

We all know that Wonderboy sounds like the next person in the line for the championship bout, how about Maia? Obviously if Maia can't get through Condit, there is no reason to talk about it, but what if he won that fight?

Did Maia stand a chance against Woodley? Or should I ask: would Woodley accept that fight in the first place?

He is asking for a money fight, which I think Maia is an excellent choice for him right now. Reason is becuz right now Brazilian is lack of champ which will definitely chanting for Maia all the while. We saw how they react back then in UFC 198, I would they that this fight will means a lot to them hence become a money which Woodley been asking for.

Thanks for reading.
Don't post even suggesting Stephen Thompson isn't fighting next. His fansboys will throw their full diapers at you.

Thanks for reading.

Maia isn't a money fight. When Woodley says "money" fights, he means fights that bring in morons who don't really follow the sport.

That being said, I'd love to see him defend against Wonderboy first, which I think he'll lose. If he DID beat Wonderboy, I'd love to see him take on Maia.

Don't post even suggesting Stephen Thompson isn't fighting next. His fansboys will throw their full diapers at you.

Why would anyone other than Wonderboy get a shot? After dismantling Rory, he's the only logical choice.

How about GSP vs Maia as a #1 contender match.

Would be a good test for GSP after being out for so long and would help hype Maia if he wins.

He needs to fight Thompson first, then the winner of Condit/Maia.

I had Maia taking the fight with Condit when it was 3 rounds, but if he doesnt get an early sub on Condit he's a dead man

Carlos by KO in the championship rounds
"He needs to fight... next"

My man. This is the UFC championships matter only sometimes. "needs to", "deserve", "earned": these are nebulous terms thrown around by mma fans. Those terms only mean something to the powers that be only sometimes.

"He needs to fight... next"

My man. This is the UFC championships matter only sometimes. "needs to", "deserve", "earned": these are nebulous terms thrown around by mma fans. Those terms only mean something to the powers that be only sometimes.
Its sad but youre completely right. I really hope Thompson gets the next shot though, I feel like he's earned it. But you're right, it could just as easily be Nick Diaz or GSP

Its sad but youre completely right. I really hope Thompson gets the next shot though, I feel like he's earned it. But you're right, it could just as easily be Nick Diaz or GSP
I'm still pissed about Bader. He made a complete spectacle of himself in an attempt to get the Cormier fight. He did what the UFC and fans are encouraging fighters to do... SELL FIGHTS!

He tried, he begged, he did everything that he could to get that fight. He won his previous 4 or 5 fights. They weren't all barn burners but he won them and since this is a real sport wins should matter. In fact, not including Jones, at the time Bader had more wins in a row than any other top 15 LHW. Did he get his shot?

Nah the UFC wants to open up the Swedish market so Gustafsson got it.

Since when is Maia the money fight? Damn this Maia hype just got on an entirely new level.

Maia vs Woodley would make like 300k PPVs without a stacked undercard, get real.

Brazilians don't even buy PPVs they have their TV contracts or whatever. BJJ people who we assume like Maia aren't bringing much money either since the other big BJJ fighters were never big draws when they headlined (like Werdum for example).

Casuals don't like Maia's style at all. He's popular here because of the grappling purists who are extremely loud whenever Maia is mentioned and the rest just go along with it and don't argue much because Maia doesn't have a lot of haters (but that doesn't mean he has a lot of fans either). Literally the only reason you assume he's popular is because Sherdog hasn't turned on him yet.

Not a chance Maia gets a shot at the belt before Wonderboy unless he has a long injury layoff.

I would to see Maia pull guard all night & attempt sweeps, floating base, rabbit punches, lose in scrambles then pull guard again, repeat.

Sodium level would be so damn high...

Back