Woodley vs Lawler makes me appreciate Condit's chin

Po

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Condit took a lot of the same bombs from Woodley but ate them like a champ.

If he were less hittable and had better tdd, Condit would be one of the top ww's ever with his great striking offense and ground game.

Condit is a savage, he's probably the fighter I'd like to see champ more than any at WW.

I kinda feel we're at the beginning of a Wonderboy era though.

It's always been worth appreciating. Took bombs from a prime Ellenberger, Hendricks, Woodley, and Lawler.

It's always been worth appreciating. Took bombs from a prime Ellenberger, Hendricks, Woodley, and Lawler.
Ellenberger absolutely torched him, that was a huge blow that Condit recovered from when he fought Berger. And he ate Woodley's shots like Pez candy, he really can take a hit like almost no one else.

If he were less hittable and had better tdd, Condit would be one of the top ww's ever with his great striking offense and ground game.

One day someone will do that to him too.

One thing that happens is that every time someone with a great chin gets finished, it really makes me feel bad.

When someone does that Condit I will probably be more shook than I ever was before.

No he didn't take the same bombs. No punch lands the same.

Not to take anything away from Condit, but height certainly helps diminish the power of a punch...
But yeah he still has a super amazing chin, surprised he didn't go down in the lawler fight

Ellenberger absolutely torched him, that was a huge blow that Condit recovered from when he fought Berger. And he ate Woodley's shots like Pez candy, he really can take a hit like almost no one else.
Yeah Jake is one of the only guys to ever even drop him. Legendary ability to eat a punch.

One day someone will do that to him too.

One thing that happens is that every time someone with a great chin gets finished, it really makes me feel bad.

When someone does that Condit I will probably be more shook than I ever was before.
Yeah I never want to see Condit stopped by strikes. Would be sad and disappointing.

People at Jackson Wink say Condit is the guy others want to spar with the least. He's a savage in general.

Condit certainly has a great chin. But more importantly, he's tough as nails. His biggest asset might be his unwillingness to break mentally after getting hit by guys like Woodley, Lawler, Ellenberger, etc.

Yeah I never want to see Condit stopped by strikes. Would be sad and disappointing.

Dude got hit by Hendricks, Lawler and Woodley over and over and didn't get finished, actually he kept fighting like he was before the shots.

It's hard to even imagine him getting finished, watching it would be terrible.

Roy Nelson and Carlos Condit aren't human. Whatever their chins are made of isn't from this world.

Dude got hit by Hendricks, Lawler and Woodley over and over and didn't get finished, actually he kept fighting like he was before the shots.

It's hard to even imagine him getting finished, watching it would be terrible.

True but we've seen great chins fade the last few years. Hendo, Shogun, Big Nog, Anderson

Wasn't the chin that lost him the Woodley fight.

Your boy's chin is fine, glass legs though.

Condit might be the most durable mma fighter I've seen.

Him and Diaz. But Condit has been in there with more heavy hitters.

Elite cardio and fitness must help with chin I think.

Condit certainly has a great chin. But more importantly, he's tough as nails. His biggest asset might be his unwillingness to break mentally after getting hit by guys like Woodley, Lawler, Ellenberger, etc.

I think you got it right. The cardio and fitness help but his attitude and fearlessness is what really sets Condit (and the Diaz bros) apart and helps him take shots and keep on coming.

Back