Woodley vs Diaz, "There is no consumer interest for this fight" - Luke Thomas

I agree. Not really catching my high interest. Diaz I don't remember finishing anyone for a while. I wouldn't by the PPV unless it was stacked. Not this 2 fight bullshit and the rest mediocre fights

Sadly, posters at Sherdog think that their opinions (i.e Diaz being a PPV draw) mirror the entire MMA fanbase.

What's funny is the only good drawing cards Diaz has been in was GSP and Silva.

Penn v Diaz 280,000
Condit v Diaz 400,000 (not bad/not amazing plus was first WW title fight not including GSP. Both fighters were interesting match ups for GSP. Promoted by UFC prime time and was second lowest draw from ppv promoted by prime time)
GSP v Diaz 950,000 Big rivalry plus GSP is a big draw
Silva v Diaz 650,000 Silva return fight.

Also Robbie wasn't much of a draw. Even though his fights were great he never drew over 450,000 (UFC 189 excluded due to McGregor) so I doubt 201 would have drawn much considering casual fans probably losing interest after 200. So safe to say Woodley won't be much of a draw.

Unless they get on 202 and promote as the Diaz brothers I doubt Woodleys getting a huge pay day from it

Diaz talks like a tough guy but acts like a diva.

He sits around, doing nothing to earn a titleshot, then feels entitled to a titleshot.

He's worse than the women!

Nick Diaz needs a marquee opponent to play off of in order to maximize his drawing power. If anything, he's actually better as the B-side, particularly when he has a solid A-side.

In a fight with Woodley, Nick would be doing all the work in promotion, as Woodley is incredibly dull when it comes to marketing fights.

Yea there isn't much.

Not compared to a Diaz vs lawler, or a diaz vs GSP 2, or even fights against condit or bisping.

Woodley likes to talk about IQ and being very analytical but he's really quite clueless about where things really stand in the division.

Woodley vs Diaz would do a lot more ppv buys than Wonderboy vs Woodley ever wood.

The only draw and as a few have said is that it would be for a belt.

T-wood is like a plank of wood, both in the mental and personality department.

Everybody who agrees with Luke is a racist!!!

I'd still love to see Diaz/Lawler II made just so that Woodley would see his "money fight" given to the guy he just beat for the championship... :D

Wtf is up these days? 3 fucking champs trying to sit out for "money fights", just fight the next fucking challenger like a champion is supposed to. If you're a good enough champ, every fight will be a money fight.

It doesn't matter who you are, if you're the champion, you're looking for money fights, or should be. That is entirely the reason they do this, it isn't a hobby.

Back