Woodley vs Diaz, "There is no consumer interest for this fight" - Luke Thomas

Zenkie

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
He said that on the MMA Beat LIve today. Is this true? I disagree with him. Would love to see this fight. What say you Sherdog? Mod, please create poll if possible. Thanks.

of course it's true these fighters like woodley and alvarez need to realize a money fight needs both parties not just 1 big money maker

Not taking a shot at you but why do people make threads when Luke Thomas says something controversial (read: he always says something controversial, that is the point)

Not any more than there would be if Diaz fought anyone else.

Of all the fights you could make with Nick Diaz, Diaz vs Woodley is one of the worst.

They made a poll and like 85%+ wanted Wonderboy vs Woodley over him.

I agree Woodley vs Nick isn't a money fight. If that fight was headlining a PPV and the rest of the card wasn't stacked how many PPV buys you think it'd get? I doubt over 300k.

Nick hasn't wont a fight in 4 years and has been out for almost 2. That's relevant. People think because he was a draw with GSP and Silva he'd be a draw with Woodley and I don't think its the case. People don't want to see a guy who hasn't won a fight in 4 years fight for a title besides giant diaz nuthuggers.

I have to agree with that, Im not one of the Nick haters that are whining because this might come to fruition...but realistically a brand new champ calling out Diaz for a "money" fight....idk...probably woodley should keep quiet and fight some present contenders

Diaz could probably draw better with someone else. Plus you don't want him in a title fight unless it's absolutely necessary.

Of all the fights you could make with Nick Diaz, Diaz vs Woodley is one of the worst.
Nah. Without the belt Robbie vs Diaz is the worst. Than Diaz vs WB is second because most people don't know who the hell WB is. Then Diaz vs Cowboy is third worst because that isn't main event material.

Nick Diaz is well known/liked/popular and Woodley is the world champion. That's s money fight. Almost everything else is just a fight.

Last edited:

Yeah, for Woodley. Except Tyron wants this fight. Diaz will easily win. I know Nick can care less about that belt, but it would be real cool to see him as a UFC champ.

I don't want to see Diaz vs Woodley. Diaz doesn't deserve to fight a champion while Wonderboy does. Give Wonderboy his shot

I agree and I like Nick. I just want to see him win a few exciting fights. Putting him against an unpopular wrestler is going to backfire and no one is coming out of that looking good.

He said that on the MMA Beat LIve today. Is this true? I disagree with him. Would love to see this fight. What say you Sherdog? Mod, please create poll if possible. Thanks.
he is right only retarded Nick Diaz fans thinks he is a draw

They made a poll and like 85%+ wanted Wonderboy vs Woodley over him.

I agree Woodley vs Nick isn't a money fight. If that fight was headlining a PPV and the rest of the card wasn't stacked how many PPV buys you think it'd get? I doubt over 300k.

Nick hasn't wont a fight in 4 years and has been out for almost 2. That's relevant. People think because he was a draw with GSP and Silva he'd be a draw with Woodley and I don't think its the case. People don't want to see a guy who hasn't won a fight in 4 years fight for a title besides giant diaz nuthuggers.

Bruh, you're making way too much sense here. The stoners won't understand it.

More interested in nick v robbie than a fight with woodley. The problem is when someone like robbie loses nick thinks they are now beneath him and wont fight them yet when he loses hes still the top guy lol.

The draw to this fight would be Nick having a chance at the championship -- absolutely nothing to do with the man he'd be fighting for it.

Back