Woodley still hellbent on avoiding Thompson

woodley has come off insanely entitled since his win. he barely earned the shot in the first place and now theres a clear #1 contender

woodley isnt being told about the fight so that he has the choice to fight or duck publicly. woodley is calling out guys who haven't won a fight in 5 years. the guy has lost the plot. hes not a superstar or even a draw. the ufc doesn't see much potential in him either i'm sure. wonderboy wrecks him and he's back to the undercard.... where it makes sense to call out guys who haven't won in 5 years

Woodley is doing the exact same thing every semi relevant fighter on the roster is doing post Conor. Trying to get the dollar. I don't like it either but I don't understand why Woodley is getting so much heat for it. He's been asking for fucking GSP and people are saying he's ducking. Doesn't make any sense.

And again, he's been champion for 5 minutes. Calm des fuck down.

Mostly because he's being a straight hypocrite here.

Tyron Woodley said:
"He went out and got his damn name out there Saturday night when he roughed-up Johny," Woodley said of Thompson. "He didn't earn a title shot, but he put himself in position. I feel like he should fight one more fight, maybe against Rory MacDonald, maybe Carlos Condit. Another long striker so we can see how he does with a striker who can deal with that. Then he's ready to roll."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/2/1...hendricks-stephen-thompson-holm-tate-mma-news

But as soon as he's got the belt, and Wonderboy did in fact beat Rory, he's not ready to roll?

Back