Woodley selling Diaz fight horribly

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by SuperkickParty, Jul 31, 2016.

1. SuperkickParty

SuperkickParty Orange Belt

He needs to sell the fight and why it would be cool and call out Nick Diaz instead of saying, mer I'm the champion now I want big money. No one cares what you want, we want awesome fights and Nick fighting at 202 for the belt with Nate Conor II on the card would be awesome...SELL THAT, dont sell us, hey I just won the title like 30 mins ago, I deserve the big money fights now. Also saying Wonderboy doesn't deserve it because he said he wanted to fight Robbie is lame especially when ur only selling point on a Diaz fight is you deserve all the money the second you won the belt.

WAR DIAZ
    Don't be scared homies
    [​IMG]

2. SuperkickParty

Hes not selling HIMSELF as much as hes selling Diaz and GSP and the fact that they are money draws.

Steve08 likes this.
  3. sirmorbach

sirmorbach These violent delights have violent ends

Anything he says will sound horrible. Nick Diaz doesn't deserve it and there's nothing Woodley can say to change it. At least he's being honest and admitting he wants the money fight and that's it.

4. Which Doctor

Which Doctor The ATT Heel Stable/Faction Belt

#mybusiness w/ Heenan, Bockwinkle, & Covington
    Consumate professional and company man. Knows his roll and how it's buttered.

W/ spreadable cheddar.

5. Fergelmince

Fergelmince Black Belt

Woodley may not present a big enough pay day for Diaz.

Miesha, WandySaku2 and SuperkickParty like this.
  6. SuperkickParty

He needs to hype it if he wants it, many fans love the Diaz brother and if you want something like him vs Nick in 3-4 weeks then you need to promote it with hype, you need substantial fan support because it makes no sense to make unless the fans want it so bad not booking it is dumb. Dont promote it with, mer I want money. Woodley isn't a draw yet, now that he is champ being a draw is in his hand, he has the gold and its all up to him, mostly.

7. chickenlip

chickenlip Navy blue belt

The Mayberry lounge by way of Staten Island, NY
    All I heard from him so far was "quack quack quack"

dawnignited and Broscientist like this.
  8. SuperkickParty

Thats why he needed to call him out and hype it instead of saying that he himself wants Diaz to fight so that HE can get more money...This is why I think he went about calling for this fight allll wrong. It needed to start in the ring with rogan on the mic and if not then when he was on FS1 and the post fight presser he needed to sell why the fight would be great for 202 and the fans and not his wallet. Hes no big draw name.

I WANT this fight to happen but Tyrone is trying to get it the wrong way, I doubt it builds much steam at all and thats bad because this is something that needs to be put together asap.

Fergelmince likes this.
  9. Fergelmince

Fergelmince Black Belt

Yeah, you're right, Woodley needs to go about differently. But even if Woodley did it the right way, I just don't think he'll achieve an awareness level needed to generate enough PPVs to make it worth Diaz's time and effort. I would think Diaz only considers fights with a PPV potential buy rate over 1 million.

10. SuperkickParty

202 is going to be over 1 million for sure...But now that I think of it Nate said he didn't like fighting on the same card as his brother or teammates because he doesn't like the split attention with corners/camps ect ect. So this fight is totally not happening unless UFC shovels them out lots of money.

11. Fergelmince

Fergelmince Black Belt

Yeah, that is actually a good point. He's not going to push a PPV that high by himself, so he needs to shoot for a Woodley/Diaz fight on a card with other huge PPV draws.

12. WandySaku2

WandySaku2 Purple Belt

Honestly, Diaz would probably make more money fighting Lawler again. Woodley might have the belt, but Robbie has the crowd.

SuperkickParty likes this.
  13. IngaVovchanchyn

IngaVovchanchyn Titanium Belt Platinum Member

This. I can understand where Woodley is coming from and what he wants to get out of all this. There's nothing wrong with wanting the money fights. But as a new champ he really needs a win over a guy like Wonderboy to put him into position to be able to sell a money fight, because despite being champ he himself isn't exactly a must see fighter yet. This is especially true since he's been out so long.

SuperkickParty and Fergelmince like this.
  14. mike sherry

mike sherry Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

honestly this thread sold me on it better than he did

SuperkickParty likes this.
  15. Ham Socks

Ham Socks Professional Fighter

Tyrannosaurus woodley is going to murder nick diaz

16. soulsstealer

soulsstealer Silver Belt

He cant sell fights.

17. Rubberneck76

Rubberneck76 Alizée Belt Platinum Member

I like how Twood expects Nick to accepts the fight on 3 weeks notice so he can get on the 202 card. Also Nick belongs no where near a title fight.

18. John Wick

John Wick Banned Banned

Yeah he sounds entitled. They say attitude is everything in life: when you got nothing stay patient and when you have everything to be humble. I get these guys want to make money, but don't alienate yourself in the process. You need fan support especially in this business, just look at how it's propelled Nate Diaz.

19. Mixedfights

Mixedfights Silver Belt

He has zero chips to gamble with. He will fight who the UFC tells him to fight.

Its not like he wants to move up to a bigger challenge. Hes calling out dudes who arent even fighting that are in his weight class. WTF?

Give him Wonderboy.

20. It would have been very easy for Woodley to sell the fight.

When Diaz was Strikeforce champ, he fought guys who were mostly strikers when Woodley was an undefeated contender. Plenty of people out there were saying that Woodley was his kryptonite, this was back when his lay and pray was as shameless as it gets. It wasn't until Diaz moved to the UFC that he got his shot against Marquardt. Woodley could've said Diaz was ducking him back then and that now he has the belt and he's the one calling the shots and wants to make him pay for it, blah blah blah. It would've been very easy to do and it would've sounded a lot better than what he actually said.

SuperkickParty and WandySaku2 like this.