Woodley says Wonderboy deserves title shot!

Wonderboy should be fighting Woodley first. The guy is making everyone look silly. I'm pretty sure Woodley knows Wonderboy will KO him stiff. Woodley had major problems with Rory, and Wonderboy's striking is on a totally different level, while also having great tdd......

Wonderboy is amazingly talented but he has little name value yet.
Those guys usually have an extremely difficult road to finally get there shot.
I think Wonderboy will have a reign of terror for a while.
Every time someone says Wonderboy has little name value I have to ask what name value does Tyron Woodley have? If you asked 100 random people who aren't on an MMA forum who Tyron Woodley and Stephen Thompson are I don't think more than 1 or 2 people would even guess they were fighters. Name value isn't something you get to demand when you don't have it yourself. Go defend against all challengers and establish your name.

How about this one?

Condit gets finished by Woodley (Thats pretty Revisionist since a fluke knee injury isn't really a finish)

Beats Alves who is now going to be fighting at LW (BJ Penn & Matt Serra fought at LW and were WW champs. Frankie Edgar fought at LW and was champ and now fights at FW. Beating a guy who moves divisions doesn't mean they weren't good. Alves was a top WW for a long time)

Gets tittle shot with a 2-3 record in his last 5 fights. (Even with the fluke injury loss to Ty-Run Condit was 7-3 in his last 10 and 7-2 if you take away the fluke injury loss. Only 2 losses in that time were to GSP the WW G.O.A.T. and Johnny Hendricks a future WW champion)

Y'all cheered and justified Condit's title shot against Lawler when it was clearly undeserved now deal with whoever Woodley fights next getting an undeserved one. (At least you can admit that Ty-Run is ducking and wants to fight someone who is underserving. Hopefully they give him GSP or make him fight Thompson)

Alves was a top WW prior to his fight against GSP and MAYBE immediately afterwards, since his title shot versus GSP Alves went 4-3 in a 5 year span. His 3 of his 4 wins were by decision and none of them were against fighters that were ranked in the top 10. Alves was battling several injuries during that time and came back as a shell of his former self, looking both smaller and less powerful than he was when he defeated top 10 WWs such as Karo, Hughes, and Koscheck consecutively on his way to earning a title shot versus GSP.

"Fluke injury" Tyron was winning that entire fight even prior to the injury. He was winning the fight both standing and grappling, Condit showed nothing in that fight to suggest he would have won other than his fanboys having fantasies of Tyron gassing and Condit scoring a finish late in the fight....too bad Tyron ended Condit's night before that could happen.

Alves was a top WW prior to his fight against GSP and MAYBE immediately afterwards, since his title shot versus GSP Alves went 4-3 in a 5 year span. His 3 of his 4 wins were by decision and none of them were against fighters that were ranked in the top 10. Alves was battling several injuries during that time and came back as a shell of his former self, looking both smaller and less powerful than he was when he defeated top 10 WWs such as Karo, Hughes, and Koscheck consecutively on his way to earning a title shot versus GSP.

"Fluke injury" Tyron was winning that entire fight even prior to the injury. He was winning the fight both standing and grappling, Condit showed nothing in that fight to suggest he would have won other than his fanboys having fantasies of Tyron gassing and Condit scoring a finish late in the fight....too bad Tyron ended Condit's night before that could happen.
Tyron didn't end his night, a fluke injury did. And if you think Tyron gassing couldn't happen and that Condit couldn't keep the pace at the end of a fight you are fooling yourself. Even Tyron knows he won't hold that belt for long, maybe he should sit you down and explain it so you don't get too invested in his Title Reign.

He's said numerous things in the past that can be brought up that's one of the reasons everyone knows he's ducking. This has happened before with Hector Lombard and his 'bad for his brand' excuse which was just as lame as his current ones to not fight Wonderboy.
The only thing he is ducking is less money.

Here is what Woodley's title reign will look like:
-Woodley KOs GSP and GSP is finally taken by aliens

-------Meanwhile Wonderboy headkicks Lawler into oblivion

-Beats Diaz in a controversial split decision

--------Wonderboy KOs Demian Maia in the 4th round of a fight night card

-Does Woodley finally fight Wonderboy? Nope.

-Woodly fights BJ Penn, Rich Franklin @ franklinweight, and Sylvestor Stallone.

-------Meanwhile Wonderboy gets hip to the game and fights Chuck Norris to the death. Of course Chuck kills him
and the match with Woodley never happens. o_O

Every time someone says Wonderboy has little name value I have to ask what name value does Tyron Woodley have? If you asked 100 random people who aren't on an MMA forum who Tyron Woodley and Stephen Thompson are I don't think more than 1 or 2 people would even guess they were fighters. Name value isn't something you get to demand when you don't have it yourself. Go defend against all challengers and establish your name.

Well I agree but Woodley is the champ. Huge difference.

I really don't think he deserves a title shot until he gets a better nickname. Remember all the guys Woodley beat? Ruthless? Aries? Stun Gun? Natural Born Killer? And now you want to see him fight a guy called Wonderboy?
bro ARES whooped that ass. idk what fight you watched

Well I agree but Woodley is the champ. Huge difference.
That "Name Value" has zero to do with Woodley and everything to do with the UFC brand. If GSP were to theoretically come back and fight for the Bellator WW title it would be Bellator's highest selling PPV ever but not due to their name value but to GSP's name value. It still would be a fraction of what GSP coming back to fight for the UFC WW belt would sell. That is a combination of GSP's name value and the UFC Brand. Woodley has no name value other than being UFC WW champ, he hasn't even defended his title once. Thompson has no name value other than being the #1 contender in the UFC. the UFC is built on foundation of MMA fans aka hardcores and mainstream fans or casuals. The UFC has to balance being a sport with "Making Fights the Fans want to see". I am personally not intrigued by Conor fighting at WW in a meaningless fight, holding a FW belt that he has no intention of defending just to say he is a UFC Champion and being shoved into a title fight he hasn't earned. I did enjoy his road to the FW title and would have liked to see him defend it vs Aldo, Frankie, Holloway and even full camp Mendes. If he did that an immediate LW titleshot would be acceptable but now you get guys like Woodley winning the title in possibly a fortunate set of circumstances and jumping straight to I wanna get paid attitude. Loses me as a paying customer.

That "Name Value" has zero to do with Woodley and everything to do with the UFC brand. If GSP were to theoretically come back and fight for the Bellator WW title it would be Bellator's highest selling PPV ever but not due to their name value but to GSP's name value. It still would be a fraction of what GSP coming back to fight for the UFC WW belt would sell. That is a combination of GSP's name value and the UFC Brand. Woodley has no name value other than being UFC WW champ, he hasn't even defended his title once. Thompson has no name value other than being the #1 contender in the UFC. the UFC is built on foundation of MMA fans aka hardcores and mainstream fans or casuals. The UFC has to balance being a sport with "Making Fights the Fans want to see". I am personally not intrigued by Conor fighting at WW in a meaningless fight, holding a FW belt that he has no intention of defending just to say he is a UFC Champion and being shoved into a title fight he hasn't earned. I did enjoy his road to the FW title and would have liked to see him defend it vs Aldo, Frankie, Holloway and even full camp Mendes. If he did that an immediate LW titleshot would be acceptable but now you get guys like Woodley winning the title in possibly a fortunate set of circumstances and jumping straight to I wanna get paid attitude. Loses me as a paying customer.

Hey.i agree with.ya.
We may not like or agree with it but it's just the way prizefighting is was and forever will be.

And on the Connor note I'm all for exciting fighters fightera matching up with other exciting fights at catch-weight.
I think it was pretty sweet Connor and Nate even fought. 155 or 170 fun exciting matchup.
I know, about holding up the division but Frankie and Jose settled the no.1contender so it all worked out well.

As a paying customer title fights don't really mean that much to me. It's.the matchup

It will be hard for me to buy a Woodley ppv. The only way I would is if Nick got the shot as he's one ofy all time favs. But that's not happening

Back