Woodley says Wonderboy deserves title shot!

lalaland

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Woodley isn't looking to take anything away from Thompson, but says the Karate fighter still isn't a proven commodity. Thompson needs one more marquee win to get that title shot, according to Woodley.

"He went out and got his damn name out there Saturday night when he roughed-up Johny," Woodley said of Thompson. "He didn't earn a title shot, but he put himself in position. I feel like he should fight one more fight, maybe against Rory MacDonald, maybe Carlos Condit. Another long striker so we can see how he does with a striker who can deal with that. Then he's ready to roll."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/2/1...hendricks-stephen-thompson-holm-tate-mma-news

There it is, straight from the horses mouth. Thompson deserves a title shot after beating Rory. Thank you, Tyron.

He's said numerous things in the past that can be brought up that's one of the reasons everyone knows he's ducking. This has happened before with Hector Lombard and his 'bad for his brand' excuse which was just as lame as his current ones to not fight Wonderboy.

An undeserved and underwhelming champion, picking and choosing who he fights

I see what you did there TS, but Misleading thread title.

Woodley DUCKING WB by saying he needs to beat another Top 5 guy is NOT him saying he deserves a title shot.

Woodleys path to the title:

-Gets slapped around by Rory

-beats DHK

-decisions an overweight Gastelum

-Gets title shot for NOT fighting Hendricks

Probably the easiest road to the title since Brock Lesnar

Man I dislike him as a fighter. Who is he to say someone doesn't deserve a title shot??

Woodley DUCKING WB by saying he needs to beat another Top 5 guy is NOT him saying he deserves a title shot.

-beats DHK

Wilson Reis would disagree with you. I thought Gastelum beat Woodley.

Apparently Tyron suffers from foot-in-mouth disease. Tragic.

Anyway, dude ain't the matchmaker so he just needs to fight Thompson and shaddap. Lol @ him thinking he's got any marquee wins (apart from Lawler) and thus deserves "money fights."

TS could you please calm your racism bro? I'm genuinely triggered.

It seems like ever since Woodley won the belt every time his lips are moving something stupid is broadcasting. Let's see he sYs Wonderboy deserves the shot yet he is more interested in either a guy who would surely fight a tune up fight if he did come back or a guy who is irrelevant but seems to think will make him rich

Yeah , i was very disapoint with Tyron with this picking shit now that im Champion ... but he did said he would do it, previously , so i take back my comment saying that he is a hypocrite.
Im still disapoint , and i still dont like it, and i still believe that if Stephen becomes Champion he wont do that shit .... but i totally understand it tho ... as a fan i dont like it , cause i trully believe that fighters should be only pushing for a fighters union , and not this picking fights bullshit.

Worst champ at WW since Matt Serra. Even Woodley doesn't believe he's the best in the division.

Last edited:

-beats DHK

How about this one?

Condit gets finished by Woodley

Beats Alves who is now going to be fighting at LW

Gets tittle shot with a 2-3 record in his last 5 fights.

Y'all cheered and justified Condit's title shot against Lawler when it was clearly undeserved now deal with whoever Woodley fights next getting an undeserved one.

I really don't think he deserves a title shot until he gets a better nickname. Remember all the guys Woodley beat? Ruthless? Aries? Stun Gun? Natural Born Killer? And now you want to see him fight a guy called Wonderboy?
Wait, didnt Aries beath the shit out of Woodley?

Back