Woodley/Rory winner for next title shot and then...

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by marksmen, May 14, 2014.

1. marksmen

marksmen Brown Belt

Make Lombard vs Brown and the winner gets title shot after that. Makes a lot of sense to me not to mention this would be a crazy fight. Champ could stay busy if healthy. If Champ gets injured for a long period of time make Lombard vs Brown an interim title fight. Thoughts?

2. jiujitsuforever

jiujitsuforever Banned Banned

north carolina: aka most bipolar weather on the ea
    i wouldnt like to see winner of woodley vs rory fight winner of brown vs lombard (if they make it) because it kills contenders, i agree with the ts

3. IngaVovchanchyn

IngaVovchanchyn Titanium Belt Platinum Member

Lombard is a big step up from Erick Silva, but if Brown could win why wouldn't he get a shot? It would be a fun fight, but I think Hector throws Brown around like Rousey tossing Tate, albeit with less boobs.

4. RiverCity

RiverCity Green Belt

I could get behind this.

5. Andy1992

Andy1992 White Belt

Same fight I'm hoping gets made I really like both fighters but prefer Lombard and think he'd win possibly by TKO if he lands one of his power shots especially if it's to the body.

6. Victor

Victor Green Belt

A million threads on exactly the same idea but I agree.

Woodley/Rory winner fights Hendricks towards the end of the year

Lombard/Brown fight that winner (most likely Johny) early 2015

7. ISUBDNOG

ISUBDNOG White Belt

Although they are very good fighters, I'm not entirely behind woodley or Rory getting the next shot with a win in their fight. Recent losses being the reason. I could see the winner of their fight getting a title eliminator.
    Also, even without any top ten wins, Brown is ranked #5 correct? If youre in the top five on a 7 fight streak you should get the shot IMO.

8. chrischrizom89**

chrischrizom89** Banned Banned

IF Brown manages to get passed Lombard and even do it impressively, then I don't see how he doesn't get a title shot.

9. N8dogg

N8dogg Green Belt

Yes make brown vs Lombard...

10. Post 2 Decision

Post 2 Decision Red Belt

Brown vs Lawler/Ellenberger winner imo

11. grecobjj

grecobjj Purple Belt

No one sticks out... Right now
    Say woodley beats mcdonald, so what rory looked like shit against burger/lost to lawler/didnt exactly set the world ablaze against maia
    If rory wins, again so what? Woodley lost to shields/ko'd kosh(who every1 forgets had just got ko'd IN HIS LAST FIGHT/and wasn't "amazing" against condit
    Lombard- had a really impressive win against shields/ ko'd marquette(who just got KO'D in his last fight)/and nothing else
    Brown's looked fantastic, but still HASN'T faced any1 in the top10
    Dhk's ko'd last two guys but again NO TOP 10 wins

I like every1 mentioned but the idea that ANY are due for a title eliminator I really don't understand
    Truthfully all are at least 2 wins away

12. Victor

Victor Green Belt

No.

Rory, Woodley, Lombard, and Brown are ALL one impressive win away from a title shot.

DHK, Ellenberger, and Lawler are all probably 2 fights away from a title shot

Hendricks needs to fight someone.
    Would you have him wait till they all fight 2 times until someone gets to fight him?

13. grecobjj

grecobjj Purple Belt

Hendricks is out to nov right?
    Woodley/mcdonald
    Lawler/burger
    Lombard/brown?
    Dhk/maia?

I mean think about it would you rather watch a hendricks/mcdonald fight with mcdonald coming off a jab-centric win over woodley....or a hendricks/ mcdonald fight with mcdonald coming off a win over maia/woodley/dhk?maybe......same can be said for any of the guys

I say sit hendricks til the superbowl card(that'll still be 2 title defenses in a calender year), and let the other guys put some wins up and make it a SOLID ppv when one of them emerges

14. Elmonstro1

Elmonstro1 Patriots Stan

This whole killing contenders notion is a pathetic one its no better than hand picking fighters for champions.

15. grecobjj

grecobjj Purple Belt

Which one you gonna drop 50 bucks for?.....damn say dhk beats maia(by ko again)/ then beats burger(whose coming off a win over former#1 lawler) and gets a title shot......you can't see that being a huge fight??(Just an example)

Big lombard fan(but if he had a couple more dominating wins) especially over the guys I mentioned, just waiting for him to face hendricks would have me pumped......as of right now eh it'd be interesting

16. p4pcummins**

p4pcummins** Banned Banned

Rory dominated berger(how did he look like shit if it was domination even if it was boring), had a ligament ankle injury in lawler fight, dominated Maia on the feet(compare it to Weidman and Munoz fights) Weidman and Munoz got hit a lot on the feet and it was relatively close. Rory vs Maia on the feet and it wasn't even close. Woodley dominated the number 2 guy no matter how you slice it. Both Woodley and Rory have strong resumes.

Woodley/Rory needs 1 good win and Lombard probably needs 2 because winner of Woodley/Rory gets ts.

Last edited: May 14, 2014
  17. grecobjj

grecobjj Purple Belt

"Contender killing" is nonsense......mcdonald lost 6 months ago, and everyone has him in a title eliminator

18. Nelly

Nelly Black Belt

Anything could happen. A lot of people want Lombard/Brown but is Lombard going to wait for Brown to come back?

19. p4pcummins**

p4pcummins** Banned Banned

He's 6-1 in his last 7 fights.
    He fought Maia,Lawler,Berger,Penn, Che Mills, Pyle, Nate Diaz.
    All these guys are legitimate fighters.
    Che Mills was cage rage welterweight champion and Pyle was a WEC welterweight champion btw.
    He won all of them dominantly(except first round Maia) and things didn't go his way against Lawler(styles make fights, ankle sprains etc)

20. Lito Lapida

Lito Lapida Brown Belt

Woodley vs. Rory winner = no.1 contender
    Brown vs. Lombard winner = next for titleshot.