Woodley Only Goes Overseas for Vacation Not to Fight

Where do you want TW to fight?

• Total voters
January 18th, January 25th, February 8th
So two of his three choices are to be on McGregor or Jones' PPV...why am I not surprised. When he talked about rehabbing from his injury in early 2017, he said he'd be ready to return for the July PPV.

Leon Responds to Tyron Ducking London

“I’m hoping he takes it, but from what I’m hearing he won’t come to London,” Edwards said. “He says he’ll fight, but not in London. That makes no sense. We’re in negotiations now and hopefully I’ll know this week. I’m meeting with the UFC, so I’ll have more information about that and what’s going on. What I’m hearing is he doesn’t want to come to London, so we’re trying to force him to come to London.

“I’ve never lost a fight in the U.K., from amateur to pro. He’s probably looking at that thinking, ‘I don’t want to go over there and get beat,’ because where does he go [from there]? Like I said, he’s making excuses from the jump.

“I’m ready to go. I think that’s the fight that makes the most sense. Everyone else has been matched or has just fought so I think me and Woodley, the former world champion, would be the next step to make. We’re pushing for it… hopefully it should get done.

“What will they say when I go and beat a former world champion? What will they say then because every time I get a win they make a new excuse. Let’s see what they say after I go out there and beat someone like Tyron Woodley.”

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc/leon-edwards-responds-after-tyron-woodley-says-fck-that-to-fighting-in-london/

Two pages deep and I’m the only one who voted in the pole...lol

This further reenforces my thinking that the only reason anyone gave a shit about TWood was when he had that strap. Without the belt nobody’s cares about him of his boring ass risk adverse fights, WTF happened to the WW division, it used to be among the best, not so much these days... smh

It’s really not an uncommon opinion. Especially in boxing for decades. the biggest fights were always in the us.
And a lot of Americans would never fight overseas. Especially if they were a name.
Obviously there has alway been exceptions.

Back