Woodley Only Goes Overseas for Vacation Not to Fight

Where do you want TW to fight?

• Total voters
Woodley vs. Edwards makes sense as the next title eliminator. Have it in Jan/Feb. Edwards beats Woodley.

Someone explain to this man that 5 time world champion means he had to have won the belt 5 times or have won 5 separate belts in the UFC.....

Ive heard it both ways that even a title defense constitutes an added instance of being a world champ since technically, the fighter won a world championship fight and actually get a new champ belt.
I agree with you, sounds awkward, but there is some logic to it.

Ive heard it both ways that even a title defense constitutes an added instance of being a world champ since technically, the fighter won a world championship fight and actually get a new champ belt.
I agree with you, sounds awkward, but there is some logic to it.

yeah.... so Floyd Mayweather is a 30+ time world champion...

I wouldn't want to go to London to fight Edwards either if I was Woodley.

he needs to realize the longer he sits out the more people will forget about him. Especially when he's not active on social media making inflammatory remarks like conor or Colby.

He should fight Leon for a title eliminator.

But I suspect he secretly wants Colby to win since they have history.

You can't fight in the UK and then have a vacation there?
Not much of a vacation when you'll be sleeping the whole time

giphy.gif

In the last five years, he's had two impressive victories. Lawler and Till.

He needs a finish over a top five guy to even be CONSIDERED for a title shot.

Edwards does the trick. Sign the contract, it's a winnable fight.

Darren Till got a title shot after robbing Wonderbread in a decision not sure why the former champ needs to finish Leon Scott.

yeah.... so Floyd Mayweather is a 30+ time world champion...

If you read my post, I was responding to another poster who had questioned why champs are called 5 time (or 30+) champs. I clearly explained the logic that people use to justify that. I agreed that it’s strange. So find the people that use that logic and make pithy comments to them instead of me.

Probably because you got to pay more taxes abroad.

Woodley has always been focused on money, that's why he was trying to fight Conor, Nick Diaz and Bisping instead of the contenders in his division. Although he ended up fighting the top guys because he couldn't get those fights. Bisping got away with that shit.

Woodley loved being on top just so he could talk about "being about that life" and "how champs roll" and all that rap horseshit. Just get in there and fight.

On second thought, if Colby beats Usman, Woodley just may have an angle. maybe wait a week.

Between Usman, Colby, and Tyron, I dont want any of them to be champ. Masvidal is our only hope.

Nobody cares about Leon Scott. Why should Woodley fly over there to fight some bum? Leon can keep trying but he will never be a “thing.” When you’re a nobody, it’s not ducking, it’s simply ignoring. Masvidal ignored him and Woodley will too. Until Leon Scott stops decisioning guys nobody will ever give a fuck.

If this is how it really works then MMA will never ascend from being a B/C tier sport.

If you read my post, I was responding to another poster who had questioned why champs are called 5 time (or 30+) champs. I clearly explained the logic that people use to justify that. I agreed that it’s strange. So find the people that use that logic and make pithy comments to them instead of me.

No—I got you bro. Sorry you took my reply as me being pithy or giving you an attitude.

Darren Till got a title shot after robbing Wonderbread in a decision not sure why the former champ needs to finish Leon Scott.

Because we have more viable contenders now. Covington will get his opportunity on Saturday. Masvidal is next in line after that, without a shadow of a doubt, which means Leon Edwards and Woodley are at a crossroads. Woodley can choose to sit out, but that means Edwards will likely fight someone else to cement his status as the next challenger after Masvidal.

Woodley just simply isn't getting a title shot without doing anything. It's not happening.

Entitled much?
Do you know what entitled means?

Dude worked his way to becoming a champion if he has earned the power to fight where/when he wants (to some degree) it's just a perk... you get more and more perks the further you climb in nearly every profession.

Back