Woodley needs to be put to the fire, next opponent should be either Lawler or Colby

Wise1

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Either matchup could break Tyron out of his slump ... or bury him in it altogether.

A question of desire? How about this for motivation:

“I ain’t never in my life, I ain’t never in my career, I ain’t never in my existence as an adult human being wanted to fuck somebody up so bad, beat somebody so bad, embarrass somebody so bad, end his career so bad, take his life so bad — and I don’t even say that figuratively, literally, I’m gonna try to hurt him so fucking bad they’re never gonna want to let me fight in the UFC again, that’s a fact. Number one, he’s a poser. Our sport has been so dead that everybody wants to believe it. They want to believe in the hype because we don’t have nothing else riding right now. Jon Jones is out for a minute, Conor’s out for a minute,
Ronda’s getting inducted into the Hall of Fame. As far as stars in the UFC, they’re lacking so we are willing to accept the bullshit that comes out of this kid’s face. Everything is a complete fraud. He’s finessed himself in a position to fight for a world title. Now you’re gonna get what you asked for. You wanted this smoke, you want to come fight the real welterweight champion, now you’re gonna get your ass beat. I’m not gonna knock you out quick. It’s not gonna be no first round knockout. I’m gonna embarrass you, I’m gonna talk to you the whole fucking fight, I’m gonna tell the referee to get back, do not get in my way, do not stop this, I’ll tell you when it’s time to stop this.”

-Tyron Woodley back in June of 2018.

and then of course you have a rematch to the man who propelled Tyron to the ranks of the elite in earning him Champ Status.

Last edited:
Maybe a Lawler rematch, since Robbie is pretty much shot too. The Woodley I’ve seen in his last two fights gets melted by Colby though. Not a good fight for him. He looks mentally checked out in the there. He’s always been a bit gun shy as it is, but he’s had nothing to offer for 10 straight rounds now. Hard to swim in the deep end at 38 yrs old.

Maybe a Lawler rematch, since Robbie is pretty much shot too. The Woodley I’ve seen in his last two fights gets melted by Colby though. Not a good fight for him. He looks mentally checked out in the there. He’s always been a bit gun shy as it is, but he’s had nothing to offer for 10 straight rounds now. Hard to swim in the deep end at 38 yrs old.

I believe a focused Tyron bests Colby even at 38 years old and if he doesn’t then I’d know he’s done.

Burns’ biggest threat to Woodley last night was his power, Colby won’t have that advantage.

He should go follow his dreams and launch his career in being a full time rapper. He's done.

He'll be the pound for pound king of rap

No reason to match him up with Colby after that unless Colby still wants the fight for some reason.

Robbie might make sense.

Colby would beat down Woodley and win every round. Not sure Woodley would have the desire to rematch someone that he KO'd in less than a round. He can't do better than that first fight.

Woodley should retire. He is 38, lost his confidence, doesn't really seem to be happy or want to be in the cage. He seems done...

If you don't have the fire burning in you to put on a performance and throw caution to the wind after getting sonned for 5 rounds by a guy you trash talked and said he wasn't going to be able to do anything to you, you probably won't find any other reason, I think Woodley is done, he should retire. Sadly I think his body can do it, but his mind is just not there.

Unfortunately his on the downward slide.

He really didn't offer that much and basically tried to clinch to survive. He is obviously fighting the top fighters and might look different against some lesser talent. Currently Woodley is unlikely to get another title fight again. So will be up to him if he wants to do show fights. He needs a good win against the talent below rather than matching him up against someone elite again.

Woodley / Lawler next is actually a great idea.

Both would surely either break Tyron out of his slump or bury him in it altogether.

A question of desire? How about this for motivation:

“I ain’t never in my life, I ain’t never in my career, I ain’t never in my existence as an adult human being wanted to fuck somebody up so bad, beat somebody so bad, embarrass somebody so bad, end his career so bad, take his life so bad — and I don’t even say that figuratively, literally, I’m gonna try to hurt him so fucking bad they’re never gonna want to let me fight in the UFC again, that’s a fact. Number one, he’s a poser. Our sport has been so dead that everybody wants to believe it. They want to believe in the hype because we don’t have nothing else riding right now. Jon Jones is out for a minute, Conor’s out for a minute,
Ronda’s getting inducted into the Hall of Fame. As far as stars in the UFC, they’re lacking so we are willing to accept the bullshit that comes out of this kid’s face. Everything is a complete fraud. He’s finessed himself in a position to fight for a world title. Now you’re gonna get what you asked for. You wanted this smoke, you want to come fight the real welterweight champion, now you’re gonna get your ass beat. I’m not gonna knock you out quick. It’s not gonna be no first round knockout. I’m gonna embarrass you, I’m gonna talk to you the whole fucking fight, I’m gonna tell the referee to get back, do not get in my way, do not stop this, I’ll tell you when it’s time to stop this.”

-Tyron Woodley back in June of 2018.

and then of course you have a rematch to the man who propelled Tyron to the ranks of the elite in earning him Champ Status.
He honestly doesn't deserve a fight with Covington IMO. Colby deserves a rematch with Usman. Besides, poor Tyron, if he lost to Colby at this point (and I believe he would) he might kill himself. Why would you want to do that to him?

Woodley said last night he had no excuses. If he is losing to the #6 guy that badly, he is never going to win the belt again and should probably hang it up considering he's 38.

Woodley / Lawler is a cracking rematch, Lawler will push the pace but be far more open and susceptible to counters than Burns was. Although very winnable for him not sure how much Woodley would want it though.

He honestly doesn't deserve a fight with Covington IMO. Colby deserves a rematch with Usman. Besides, poor Tyron, if he lost to Colby at this point (and I believe he would) he might kill himself. Why would you want to do that to him?

Colby deserving an immediate rematch is debatable. I’m of the camp that says he needs to win a contenders match.

Tyron is not that far removed from being the best WW in the world. At this point whatever his problems are, I think everyone can agree that motivation seems to be at the top of the list, so I say give him some. If at that point he still can’t muster up what’s required of him then at least he would know with clarity where things stand.

Woodley said last night he had no excuses. If he is losing to the #6 guy that badly, he is never going to win the belt again and should probably hang it up considering he's 38.

Nothing like a personal vendetta to curb your enthusiasm!

Back