Woodley issues $10,000 takedown challenge to Colby

It take a special kind of boring champ for me to root for freaking Colby lol

Colby says he'll gladly accept !!

Make it $20,000.00

B9yg3cA.gif

Reminds me of when Marcus Davis convinced Chris Lytle to make a gentlemen’s agreement to stand and trade for the entirety of their fight...conveniently prompting the better grappler to abandon one of his most dangerous skill sets.

Marcus Davis had a boxing record and I’m pretty sure lytle did too, so at least there was presence for it.

Colby doesn’t have known good striking so it looks like Woodley being scared vs two ex boxers trying to prove who’s boxing is better

This is like if colby said, " For each time you punch me, you will have to pay me 10, 000 dollars. What do you say Woodley?"

Woodley talking about what the fans want? How would he know or even care for that matter? He has power and skill but his inability to prepare aggressively ( fighting wise not this on the mic rhetoric) makes him boring, not to mention his race baiting blaming everyone except himself for his poor drawing power.

Walk the walk Woodley, talk is cheap.

to be fair, two of his fights that were boring against Thompson and Maia.

two guys historically known for extremely boring fights against even exciting fighters.

Not necessarily saying Tyron Isn't boring but I think maybe he's getting some unfair blame given his opponents

I understand that argument against Thompson, since he's a very dangerous scorecard fighter that can very easily start taking rounds from you.

But Maia? I dunno, Woodley was never in the slightest bit of trouble, and looked very capable of putting the fight away at any point. When you talk yourself up as much as Woodlwy does, that performance is a very bitter pill to swallow as a fan.

Woodley still hasn't got his money fight so he can only offer lame 10K challenges.

Cringe.

I understand that argument against Thompson, since he's a very dangerous scorecard fighter that can very easily start taking rounds from you.

But Maia? I dunno, Woodley was never in the slightest bit of trouble, and looked very capable of putting the fight away at any point. When you talk yourself up as much as Woodlwy does, that performance is a very bitter pill to swallow as a fan.
usman and colby were in more dangerous spots with maia than woodley was lol. dude rocked maia and dropped him and didnt even follow up on the mat. they have less experience but they seemed willing to engage more. woodley just seemed terrified of even being on top of him even if maia was turtled up hanging on to a single leg

10xwy14.jpg

GettyImages-621952700.0.jpg

“If he wants to play those types of games and that’s what he wants to do, I’m gonna challenge him. Fight me,” Woodley said. “For every time he tries to touch my leg, for every time he tries to take me down, you owe me $10,000. Let’s make a bet. I ain’t gonna try to take you down one time for the whole fight.

“You’re going to make this division great again? People want to see hands thrown. They don’t want to see wrestling and grappling,” he continued. “We could take it to the mat and put on a singlet if that’s what you want to do. I challenge you $10,000 every time you touch my leg or grab me and try to take me down, you owe me $10,000. We’ll see this fight end lickety-split. I might beat the knockout of Robbie [Lawler at UFC 214].”

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Ty...-New-UFC-Interim-Champ-Colby-Covington-138015

Your reigning and defending champion of sherdog Challenges Tyrone Woodley that every time he gets MAD, he owes me $10, 000 American.

Pending Colby's responses, I expect to be the richest man in the world by the end of the week .

<VinceCa$h>.

colby is just going to say ok and then do it. he aint paying up

GettyImages-621952700.0.jpg

“If he wants to play those types of games and that’s what he wants to do, I’m gonna challenge him. Fight me,” Woodley said. “For every time he tries to touch my leg, for every time he tries to take me down, you owe me $10,000. Let’s make a bet. I ain’t gonna try to take you down one time for the whole fight.

“You’re going to make this division great again? People want to see hands thrown. They don’t want to see wrestling and grappling,” he continued. “We could take it to the mat and put on a singlet if that’s what you want to do. I challenge you $10,000 every time you touch my leg or grab me and try to take me down, you owe me $10,000. We’ll see this fight end lickety-split. I might beat the knockout of Robbie [Lawler at UFC 214].”

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Ty...-New-UFC-Interim-Champ-Colby-Covington-138015

it would be better for woodley to take colby down because colby`s defensive fighting isnt good u saw it on the RDA fight... colby has issues to fight in a defensive way... stand up and on the ground.

SHUT UP TYRONE. ur so boring. colby is gonna gass u and tap u.

Tyrone just trying to stir up pre-fight stuff with bs. He knows Colby won't agree so he's putting it out there. I would have said "50k for each knockdown you get on me or something because you hit like a bitch". Atleast that would motivate Colby to strike more.

Back