Woodley issues $10,000 takedown challenge to Colby

NandoMoura

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
GettyImages-621952700.0.jpg

“If he wants to play those types of games and that’s what he wants to do, I’m gonna challenge him. Fight me,” Woodley said. “For every time he tries to touch my leg, for every time he tries to take me down, you owe me $10,000. Let’s make a bet. I ain’t gonna try to take you down one time for the whole fight.

“You’re going to make this division great again? People want to see hands thrown. They don’t want to see wrestling and grappling,” he continued. “We could take it to the mat and put on a singlet if that’s what you want to do. I challenge you $10,000 every time you touch my leg or grab me and try to take me down, you owe me $10,000. We’ll see this fight end lickety-split. I might beat the knockout of Robbie [Lawler at UFC 214].”

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Ty...-New-UFC-Interim-Champ-Colby-Covington-138015

"They don't want to see wrestling and grappling."

Rather see that over whatever the hell you were doing against Thompson and Maia.

A pressure wrestler like Colby would never take this bet. His TD accuracy isn't such that he can afford a 1:1 rate like Tyron is suggesting.

Rather see that over whatever the hell you were doing against Thompson and Maia.
"Fans don't want to see wrestling or grappling or striking"

Haha, that's actually quite clever...
Woodley wins regardless but see's a bigger skill gap between their striking than their wrestling.
Using Colbys ego and character role against him, smooth.

Chael and Rampage did something similar for their fight, and Rampage lost a lot of money.

I'm extremely confident that Colby gets all his takedown attempts stuffed in the first two rounds (if he even lasts that long).

Colby proved that he doesn't need to take you down to wear you out & beat/break you as he displayed vs RDA. Colby will break Tyron if he doesn't get ko'd early.

Jesus Tyrone is such a flog. I can't believe he had the audacity to try criticize other fighters about the entertainment value of their fights!

I dont think Woodley has a ton of interest in what fans want to see. He's more interested in sitting around and talking about himself as if he's a big draw, holding up the division in the process.

Woodly is trying to bait Colby into a striking match.

I know why he doesn’t want to go into an all out grappling contest. Someone will gas and it ain’t Colby

GettyImages-621952700.0.jpg

“If he wants to play those types of games and that’s what he wants to do, I’m gonna challenge him. Fight me,” Woodley said. “For every time he tries to touch my leg, for every time he tries to take me down, you owe me $10,000. Let’s make a bet. I ain’t gonna try to take you down one time for the whole fight.

“You’re going to make this division great again? People want to see hands thrown. They don’t want to see wrestling and grappling,” he continued. “We could take it to the mat and put on a singlet if that’s what you want to do. I challenge you $10,000 every time you touch my leg or grab me and try to take me down, you owe me $10,000. We’ll see this fight end lickety-split. I might beat the knockout of Robbie [Lawler at UFC 214].”

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Ty...-New-UFC-Interim-Champ-Colby-Covington-138015

This shit is so dumb.

Why not let Colby say that he owes him every time he tries to punch him in the face, not 10 grand, but like just a grand.

Woodley is nothing special, Colby is going to beat this self-entitled, journeyman type fighter

Chael and Rampage did something similar for their fight, and Rampage lost a lot of money.

I'm extremely confident that Colby gets all his takedown attempts stuffed in the first two rounds (if he even lasts that long).
Chael and Rampage did the opposite. Rampage bet Chael that he’d give him $10k if he Took him down

Because all of Maia and Wonderboy’s fights have been so intriguing lately.

According to Sonnen, he didn't cash the check that Rampage sent him ($30,000).

And what the hell were Thompson & Maia doing, just watching him? Takes two to tango...

Back