Woodley is freaking brillante

I can't hate on him for drumming up interest. Very smart move on his part. Tyron seems to be seizing the opportunity.

Yeah .. it was brilliant as fuck to call out Diaz...

OOPS... You mean the fucking GOAT picked up the phone ?

He would likely beat Nick. He gets molested by GSP. Good call to make some cash. Not so good if the guy actually wanted to keep the belt.

And you fuckers need to stop k-flowing @Arm Barbarian. It's lame as fuck, alright.

GSP coming out of the woods isn't Woodley's doing. It's GSP seeking what he feels a favorable match-up. Just as like he called out Bisping when he won the belt, but didn't think about it when Anderson/Weidman/Rockhold had it.
The Diaz fight isn't happening. The Lawler rematch is more sellable. It takes two to tango and nobody but the hardcores know Woodley.
Wonderboy was in the mix regardless.

CONCLUSION: I disagree with your analysis. Woodley won the belt, that's what he's done that's very brillante. The rest has nothing to do with his delusions of being the matchmaker.

He thinks he should be getting this huge push and blames it on being black that the UFC is not heavily promoting him.

He said that?

His response when he was asked about fighting Thompson was daft - "hasn't being in the fight game long enough"

He said that?

His response when he was asked about fighting Thompson was daft - "hasn't being in the fight game long enough"

He had insinuated this in interviews prior to this fight.

Last edited:
Good for him. Others are doing it so why not him?

He lost two of his last four at a lower weight class. Belfort got a shot despite not dispatching a single LHW contender. CM Punk is set to get a shot. Brock took on a former champ his first fight. Royce v Hughes. Bisping is fighting Hendo who I don't think is even in the top ten and there's a clear #1 contender. Conor isn't being stripped of his belt. Etc.

How is it idiotic to mention Nick's name and see if anything comes out of it? It's not like it takes effort to drop someone's name in an attempt at a big money fight. If he doesn't fight Diaz, he fights someone else. Nothing lost what so ever. If he was saying he'll only fight Nick or he's retiring or something crazy like that then yeah, that'd be dumb. He literally has nothing to lose by saying he'd like to fight Nick. There's no negative consequence and the potential for a very positive (albeit unlikely) one.

Calling it idiotic is like saying someone playing a free lottery ticket is idiotic.

There would be no consequence to him calling out Ronda Rousey. It's still idiotic. The chance of it happening is zero. he has a better chance of winning the lottery.

There would be no consequence to him calling out Ronda Rousey. It's still idiotic. The chance of it happening is zero. he has a better chance of winning the lottery.

I said this in my own thread. Woodley is working us all.

By the time he fights Wonderboy, it will be a money fight. Perhaps not as money as GSP or Diaz but money enough.
But he has to maintain possession of the strizzap. That's where he's gonna have a problem.

Hopefully, he gets his money fight (Diaz). If he gets GSP, he will get Decisioned 50-45.
If he doesn't get Diaz and has to fight Wonderboy, he will also get Decisioned, 48-47

Who doesn't want to see GSP back?

I'll be very happy if he stays retired. I really cannot understand why people want him to return, it's perplexing.

GOAT fighter, hope he stays retired.

Considering the UFC created this environment?

I have no problem with TWood doing this. Especially considering he wants to fight the 2 of the greatest of all time who are still very much total badass MFers, who could easily both be the #1 contenders right now bases on their resumes and level of talent. I mean, GSP is still arguably the champ.

I hate to say it, but Conor laid out the blueprint on how to get paid. Screw who deserves the fight (which pains me to say because I believe int in the best fighters fighting for the title), get the money fights. You people can't hate Woodley for what Conor and Bisping are doing. And look at the talk it's getting? Diaz or GSP? Perfect plan by Woodley.
alvarez and cruz want the money fight with conor, too.

all the current champs below LHW want the money fight.

The UFC is unfortunately setting a bad precedent by often bypassing the rankings and making fights that are best for business. Fighters see that and are now trying to do the same thing. Can't blame them. The UFC will make money for a long time. The fighters won't.
It's a different game since 2014.

There was a certain charm to the UFC matchmaking prior to their beginning an official ranking system.

Back