Woodley is crying right now

Boxing and MMA are very different on this aspect. There are numerous promotions and boxing organizations that make fights harder to make. There is always some unknown guy that is 30-0 in boxing that no one has heard of that you could put up against a name fighter. That isn't so with MMA.
The UFC is one organization, with one promotion. You guys are full of shit with all of this "ducking" crap. Once you're at the top in the UFC, it is damn near impossible to duck anyone unless you don't want the belt. There is nowhere to hide. How long would WB really be denied a TS for? Worst case scenario would be Woodley gets his money fight, WB beats someone else, and then he gets his shot.
You can't duck when there's only a handful of known guys in the division. Sooner or later you are fighting everybody. There is no possible way that fighters don't know amd understand this.

Riight so you condone it with 'sooner or later'. Meanwhile Bisping and Woodley are ducking everyone for an easier first defense and nothing will change that they're ducking. Maybe you're a dope who lives in the future or past but I live in the now, I want the best most sensible title fights right NOW.

So let me get this straight.
Bisping can fight Hedo...whoever he wants.
Conor gets the belt, he can NOT defend his title and jump classes.

Woodley does it and you talk shit about him?

Im starting to see the whole racist angle that woodley is playing may actually have some merit.

The fuck you talking about? Who says I like Bisping/Hendo?

Don't talk racism and put my name on that bracket. There are people buried in the desert for less than that.

Riight so you condone it with 'sooner or later'. Meanwhile Bisping and Woodley are ducking everyone for an easier first defense and nothing will change that they're ducking. Maybe you're a dope who lives in the future or past but I live in the now, I want the best most sensible title fights right NOW.
I didn't condone shit. I'm not as simple minded as you to think that there is only one way of handling a situation. Im all for the WB fight. But I don't hold anything against Woodley for wanting to get paid for whatever fight he has. To say that he is scared is a stupid strawman argument. He has valid reasons to not want to fight WB at this time. It's just as much on the UFC as it is on him. If their pay structure made sense then he wouldn't have to pull this shit. They could and should negotiate this. Help Woodley build up his "brand" and sell the fight. They did fuck all as far as promotion goes for 201.

UFC 200...Sage Northcutt made 100K. That is DOUBLE what former champ TJ made, and the same amount that Nunes made for being the Main event title fight at UFC 200. And you want fighters to just fight whomever and for them to not think about what financially makes sense for them? Go watch dog fights if you don't actually care about the people putting their health on the line.
I want to see the best fights just like everyone else, but I'm also not a 12 year old that can't understand the reality and complexes of the situation for the fighters and the promotion.

He is so pathetic, its embarrassing.

Wow. He's not off to a good start as a champion. I knew I didn't like him as a fighter, now I know I don't like him as a guy thats labelled champion.

Hype and $$ dictates opponents, not merit. If Woodley wanted to fight a specific guy he needed to aggressively call out that fight while Lawler was laying on floor inside the octagon with millions of people tuned in.

Think Chael for a moment calling out Silva. The campaign had begun, if it gets traction and Dana see's the money, he will bend to the will of the fighter. Without a proper hype job in place, he will put in the most deserving fighter. Once Rogan takes back that mic, the odds of choosing your next fight go down exponentially.

Does anybody buy a ppv because Woodley is on it? I buy every ppv, and honestly he has never been a reason for me to spend my money. But if he goes out and dismantles Wonderboy, that may change. Wonderboy has earned a shot, just as Woodley earned his, so that is the right fight to make. I think there is truth to how many asses you put in seats, how many ppvs you sell, and how much of the needle you can move determines your bargaining power. Woodley, as of right now, doe snot move the needle. He needs to fight Wonderboy, look impressive, talk all kinds of shit before doing it, then he may start moving the needle. IMO

Some of you guys are so stupid that it literally hurts to read your posts.
Whether or not you think he should fight WB, there is a procedure to follow in making bouts. The UFC always does this shit where they announce a fight before talking to the fighters. It's fucking disrespectful. They aren't slave gladiators. They don't have to fight when, who, where the UFC says.
I know, I tell my boss this all the time. I don't have to work when or where they expect.

I'm gonna sit out until they schedule me to due brain surgery for half a mil. Then I'll come to work.

So let me get this straight.
Bisping can fight Hedo...whoever he wants.
Conor gets the belt, he can NOT defend his title and jump classes.

Woodley does it and you talk shit about him?

Im starting to see the whole racist angle that woodley is playing may actually have some merit.
So let me get this straight, because dana white decided bisping can fight hendo you're going to assume every single fan is on board with it. Therefore any fan against tyron "I earned my shot" Woodley being hypocritical and avoiding the number one contender must be racially motivated?

Stupid.

Tons of people on here complain about bisping fighting hendo AND Connor not defending his belt. I guess it's best to avoid facts though when it hurts your claims of racist motivation.

Doesn't matter if you are a heel or not. You take on whoever comes your way. The one thing about Chael is he always stepped up.

Wonderboy vs. Woodley IS the fight people want to see. Woodley is just an idiot.

I didn't condone shit. I'm not as simple minded as you to think that there is only one way of handling a situation. Im all for the WB fight. But I don't hold anything against Woodley for wanting to get paid for whatever fight he has. To say that he is scared is a stupid strawman argument. He has valid reasons to not want to fight WB at this time. It's just as much on the UFC as it is on him. If their pay structure made sense then he wouldn't have to pull this shit. They could and should negotiate this. Help Woodley build up his "brand" and sell the fight. They did fuck all as far as promotion goes for 201.

UFC 200...Sage Northcutt made 100K. That is DOUBLE what former champ TJ made, and the same amount that Nunes made for being the Main event title fight at UFC 200. And you want fighters to just fight whomever and for them to not think about what financially makes sense for them? Go watch dog fights if you don't actually care about the people putting their health on the line.
I want to see the best fights just like everyone else, but I'm also not a 12 year old that can't understand the reality and complexes of the situation for the fighters and the promotion.

No you're not a 12 year old, you're closer to a 6 year old if you can't see that the likes of Woodley are using that financial argument as an excuse to hold on to the belt as long as possible. Nobody gives a shit that you supposedly are so super nice and sweet and caring for fighters you jerkoff, what we want is the best most sensible title fights possible.

If you're a real champion you will keep defending the belt untill a big pay day comes along. Anderson had to fight and defend his belt for years untill Sonnen made it possible for him to get a big pay day. I'm not gonna go along with "aww I feel so sorry for this belt holder, lets give him a BS money fight over a true #1 contender waiting in line, just because I'm so super nice and want to see the best for him". Nope. He doesn't pay my fucking bills, he's not getting my money for a PPV out of mercy.

I know, I tell my boss this all the time. I don't have to work when or where they expect.

I'm gonna sit out until they schedule me to due brain surgery for half a mil. Then I'll come to work.
You've got some serious comprehension and critical thinking problems if you think your desk job has the same parameters and factors as the job of a professional fighter.
Im pretty sure your job doesn't get you guaranteed physical damage/and or require you to damage another human, your career won't end from a simple mistake, you won't have to retire by 40, you dont have to pay for your own job training, and a shit ton of other factors that go into being a fighter.

No you're not a 12 year old, you're closer to a 6 year old if you can't see that the likes of Woodley are using that financial argument as an excuse to hold on to the belt as long as possible. Nobody gives a shit that you supposedly are so super nice and sweet and caring for fighters you jerkoff, what we want is the best most sensible title fights possible.

If you're a real champion you will keep defending the belt untill a big pay day comes along. Anderson had to fight and defend his belt for years untill Sonnen made it possible for him to get a big pay day. I'm not gonna go along with "aww I feel so sorry for this belt holder, lets give him a BS money fight over a true #1 contender waiting in line, just because I'm so super nice and want to see the best for him". Nope. He doesn't pay my fucking bills, he's not getting my money for a PPV out of mercy.
Lol ok tough guy.
The fuck you know about what a real champion is?
It has nothing to do with "being nice", if you read and could understand what I wrote then you wouldn't of wasted both of our time with such a stupid response. I see you're one of those tard Sonnen fans, so ill just let you get back to eating paste.
"Just wait, and someday a big payday will fall in your lap if you're lucky" Spoken like a broke ass mofo
<36>

Lol ok tough guy.
The fuck you know about what a real champion is?
It has nothing to do with "being nice", if you read and could understand what I wrote then you wouldn't of wasted both of our time with such a stupid response. I see you're one of those tard Sonnen fans, so ill just let you get back to eating paste.
"Just wait, and someday a big payday will fall in your lap if you're lucky" Spoken like a broke ass mofo

You just got done trying to lecture someone on "you don't know shit bout fighting brah!" and you're calling me a tough guy? LOL what a hypocritical jerkoff.
Of course you're trying to be this ultra libtarded super nice caring individual who cares about "fairness" and "deserved pay" and all that BS. Just drop that ridiculous pretense already and admit that you're scared for Woodley's short lived title run the same way he's scared of the likes of WB.

No Sonnen fan here, and I've also been one of the most vocal about the BS of the Bisping-Hendo fight so I am consistent with my line of thinking. Again, fighters do not give a single shit about your entire existence, they are not paying for your bills, you're the one paying THEM(though I doubt you do considering you sound like a broke basement dweller. "WATCHU KNOW BOUT BEING A CHAMP HOLMES?"). Give me the best, legit title fights every time. The only time there is room for anything else is when somebody has to step in at short notice.

I went from not a Woodley fan to a Woodley fan to not a Woodley again. I guess I'm just an off and on racist then and I didn't even know. Tyron really has no leverage here. If he refuses to fight the #1 contender I don't see the UFC having any problem stripping him of the title.

I don't think I've seen a bigger pussy in my life.. And I've slept with my fair share of whores

Back