Woodley is calling out Nick because...

dmwalking

Sapateiro Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Woodley is calling out Nick because it's the easiest fight against the biggest name available to him. It's the biggest reward for the least risk.

I think Woodley believes that Nick hasn't been training hard and is rusty. So he wants Nick at his most rusty. Woodley is in the best shape of his life, and if he's not just saying that, then he must be in serious shape. One thing I could never deny is the guy has always been explosive and athletic. I know that's like comically racist code on sherdog, but seriously. The guy is actually explosive and athletic.

So he's thinking, I'm in my best shape, Nick's been out of the cage for a year. Nick's also a bigger name than Wonderboy. And wonderboy is a stylistic nightmare for him.

Woodley doesn't just want to take the belt. He wants to keep the belt. His odds are better against a rusty Nick than a hot streak Wonderboy.

When I write it out like that, I really feel like I just stated the obvious.

3231298611_0a9ea42ab2_z.jpg

Yeah!

Woodley is a terrible match up for Nick, doesn't matter if he is in good shape or not.

I wouldn't be surprised if Woodley gets a finish too. Nick striking defense is not that good.

Yep.

Nick might still beat his ass though, because Woodley could very well gas before he's able to KO Nick.

It'd be glorious.

We all know what happens when someone aims for a Diaz thinking it will be an easy fight. He better hope Nick hasn't been hanging out in Cabo. ;)

Woodley is a terrible match up for Nick, doesn't matter if he is in good shape or not.

I wouldn't be surprised if Woodley gets a finish too. Nick striking defense is not that good.

I wouldn't say it's that straight forward, Nick made a career getting in high paced fights, starting the worse fighter, wearing his opponent down and finishing stronger. All of his biggest wins went this way, BJ, Gomi, Daley. If Woodley doesn't get the finish I don't see him winning.

Never sleep on a Diaz

Nick could finish woodley
like Robbie did?

edit: I actually agree, and props for still rocking the Robbie AV.... the sport needs more fans like you, and less fairweather fans

like Robbie did?

edit: I actually agree, and props for still rocking the Robbie AV.... the sport needs more fans like you, and less fairweather fans
ya his username kinda makes it ride or die his av dont matter much in that case

Diaz wouldn't be an easy fight for Woodley. He's not getting KO'd in the first round like Robbie did and he has cardio for days. Cardio and fight IQ are Woodleys weaknesses.

Woodley is calling out Nick because it's the easiest fight against the biggest name available to him. It's the biggest reward for the least risk.

I think Woodley believes that Nick hasn't been training hard and is rusty. So he wants Nick at his most rusty. Woodley is in the best shape of his life, and if he's not just saying that, then he must be in serious shape. One thing I could never deny is the guy has always been explosive and athletic. I know that's like comically racist code on sherdog, but seriously. The guy is actually explosive and athletic.

So he's thinking, I'm in my best shape, Nick's been out of the cage for a year. Nick's also a bigger name than Wonderboy. And wonderboy is a stylistic nightmare for him.

Woodley doesn't just want to take the belt. He wants to keep the belt. His odds are better against a rusty Nick than a hot streak Wonderboy.

Woodley just doesn't realize that Nick Diaz would FUCK HIM UP haha. It's such a bad stylistic matchup for him it must really be about the money and not ducking wonderboy

Except nick has better striking than woodley by far and would be pulverizing his face the entire fight. Maybe you should go watch Nick Diaz vs. Paul Daley woodley is not going to KO nick. If this ever went down I'd bet heavy on diaz.

He called down the thunder and it looks like that is what he'll get. Remember he said GSP first and then said Nick. It looks like we'll get GSP v Woodley and Nick v Robbie. Should be some good match ups. Maybe Wonderboy fights and maybe he waits for the GSP/Woodley winner.

If you think of how much Robbie has improved and figure that Nick Diaz has improved as well then Nick Diaz may not be an easier fight. Could do lots of things with him give him woodley or rematch him with condit.

That's not an easy match up for TWood btw.

Gomi punched Diaz so hard part of his fucking skull broke. He continued t ofight and beat Gomi with an exotic submission, the gogoplata. Woodley would get his ass kicked. He doesn't have the cardio and if he did he doesn't have the mental toughness or chin.

I don´t understand how can people pick Diaz simply because of his history.... really, Woodley just KOed one of the biggest warriors in the UFC and people think Nick is just gonna come back from a semi retirement after a looooooong period off and take on the hardest hitter in the division? No way, Woodley would do the same he did to Lawler, but probably faster as Nick is much more hittable. By the way, on the Woodley vs Lawler fight, you can´t wait around more than 2 minutes without doing anything like Lawler did, he became an easy target, he should have attacked as he always does, just to keep Woodley thinking and worrying about getting hit too... but it seemed he came in more worried about not getting hit than doing his thing.... "one often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it" Master Oogway. Feel sorry for Lawler lost his reign without even throwing a punch. In a scale of 1 to 10, I´d give 9 to Woodley´s KO.

I wouldn't say it's that straight forward, Nick made a career getting in high paced fights, starting the worse fighter, wearing his opponent down and finishing stronger. All of his biggest wins went this way, BJ, Gomi, Daley. If Woodley doesn't get the finish I don't see him winning.

Don't forget Nick terrible TDD.

Woodley has good wrestling and could wrestle him the entire fight if he wants to.

Back