Woodley is being massively underrated in this fight

UFCBlackbelt

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
It's insane that anyone thinks with one iota that Till can win this.

Can I please remind you that Till STRUGGLED against Nicolas Dalby who is 2-3-1 in the UFC (draw being Till). Nicolas was able to gas till out with his wrestling, and Nicolas isn't even known for his wrestling skill.

Meanwhile you have Tyron Woodley, who has faced so many southpaws its crazy

Dong Hyun Kim
Maia
Thompson (Sorta)
Lawler
RDA
Kelvin Gastelum (came in 10 lbs overweight too)

Woodley is the hardest hitting Welterweight in the division, he doesn't TKO people he knocks them OUT. He has faced far more dangerous strikers. Darren is the product of being pushed very fast and simply being larger against guys who cant absorb punishment.

Last edited:
I favour Till to win. Maybe I'm an idiot.

We will see. I got Woodley but he has been kinds inactive, is getting older and Till looks massive against him.

Some people think it will go the distance, and that Woodley’s style could love him rounds.

Woodley is probably better all around. But Till is big and solid and could steal 3 rounds.

In other words, your analysis is pretty simplistic. Challenge yourself. Play devils advocate against yourself. How does Till win??? If you say he cannot, then you’re not thinking clearly.

Woodley is a more complete fighter.

If he needs to wrestle him i think he can.

Some people think it will go the distance, and that Woodley’s style could love him rounds.

Woodley is probably better all around. But Till is big and solid and could steal 3 rounds.

In other words, your analysis is pretty simplistic. Challenge yourself. Play devils advocate against yourself. How does Till win??? If you say he cannot, then you’re not thinking clearly.

Till's best chance at winning is exploiting Woodley's tendency to retreat and keeping pressure against him in the cage. Then, when Woodley bursts he will fire a counter left (being a vulnerable strike against the opposite stance) and stun Woodley.

Of course, everyone assume Woodley does this all the time. He doesn't, he was very comfortable pressuring Lawler, who is also a heavy hitter.

I'm actually HOPING that Woodley smashes him, and that Till finally goes up to the weight class he belongs.

I think Woodley wins easily actually

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched that fight against Dalby before Till fought Cerrone and put 4 figures on Donald based off of that. Didn't work out. Till broke his hand or something and that's why he got 10-8'd in the last round iirc. Thought he was making excuses at the time, but if I wasn't so skeptical I might not have lost so much money.

Till's best chance at winning is exploiting Woodley's tendency to retreat and keeping pressure against him in the cage. Then, when Woodley bursts he will fire a counter left (being a vulnerable strike against the opposite stance) and stun Woodley.

Of course, everyone assume Woodley does this all the time. He doesn't, he was very comfortable pressuring Lawler, who is also a heavy hitter.
That’s right. Walk him down while also keeping distance, which Woodley often allows with his back-to-the-cage tactic he likes. Till is also pretty good at shoulder rolls and avoiding head shots with little adjustments. And jabs. And he’s long.

He can steal rounds.

He should be an underdog. But not the 10-1 underdog you’re suggesting.

I don't think people are truly underrating Woodley, but more people wanting Woodley to lose. I agree with you though Woodley is the far more experienced fighter and the one I see KOing the young Mr.Till...

There are a lot of racist people who underestimate Woodley because he's black.

You're right -130 right now. If I was a betting man I'd drop $130 on that.

I'm finally coming around to liking Tyron again, I guess I was just upset that he beat Robbie. I rooted against him in every fight since he has been champ, but this time I'm joining Team Woodley. I really think he wins this, by decision or late stoppage but I don't see Till being able to last in the championship rounds.

529993.jpg

I think Woodley will press in this one. He will lead with a lot of feints trying to get Till to bite. When he does, he will probably level change early, and establish the TD threat. If he fails the TD, he can switch to throwing an overhand when he presses next.

Just maybe it's because Woodley hasn't looked good since the Lawler fight. When you put on a string of mediocre performances, your stock tends to drop.

I think Woodley can grind out a decision or even finish him in the later rounds. Like has everyone forgot that he survived 10 rounds with wonder boy trying to take his head off?

Back