Woodley is a poison for the mma fans, he is too smart.

You're easily impressed.

http://fightland.vice.com/blog/talking-business-with-tyron-woodley

Tyron started with one of the best MMA teams in the game, and then opened up his own franchise. He also seeks out and lands his own sponsors and got himself into one of the more talked about movies of last year. He figured out a way to get coaching from some two of the best MMA coaches (from different teams) to shore up any weak areas in his game. Tyron sought out sports psychologists to make sure his mental game is strong too.

He is asking to fight GSP and Nick Diaz because he wants to get PAID. He is not the biggest draw and he knows that. That's he wants to fight guys who are big draws. He's a pretty astute businessman.

I'm fairly certain he is much smarter than you think you are.

He isn't smart. Smart fighters know their worth. Woodley will face a potential draw and the top contender, Thompson, because Woodley isn't a draw. Can't call who he fights the same way as Conor or Ronda.

Tyron started with one of the best MMA teams in the game, and then opened up his own franchise. He also seeks out and lands his own sponsors and got himself into one of the more talked about movies of last year. He figured out a way to get coaching from some two of the best MMA coaches (from different teams) to shore up any weak areas in his game. Tyron sought out sports psychologists to make sure his mental game is strong too.

He is asking to fight GSP and Nick Diaz because he wants to get PAID. He is not the biggest draw and he knows that. That's he wants to fight guys who are big draws. He's a pretty astute businessman.

Woodley was smart enough to graduate with a degree in agricultural economics. A field with a current high rate of employability. He is FAR from fucking stupid. Stereotyping motherfuckers.

The good thing about having a champ like Woodley is people will pay to see him knocked out.

Let's just hope he doesn't go the GSP route and turn into a LnP'er.

You were under the assumption I didn't know this already, but I'm well aware. Before you get your jimmies rustled, next time try to remember not everyone shares the sentiment that being decently business savvy is a feat that should be awed at. I never called him stupid or unintelligent.

He's made good decisions, that's smart. I'm not comparing myself to him, but him to other fighters. Nick Diaz doesn't want to fight on the same card as his bro and it's in 3 weeks. Low chance. To get GSP to come out of retirement against a non-draw with 0 defenses prolly ain't gonna happen. GSP wants big fights.

Now the difference between GSP's and Woodley's "money fight" is GSP's legion of fans that he's build over a long course of time, 10 UFC belts in his name. Woodley would leech those to get paid instead of building a big fan base on his own and THEN making noise about superfights or who he will fight next, when he's in that position. I'm not calling in question his decisions in life, but the decision for those call-outs, that don't match his worth.

Wonderboy should get the next shot based on who really deserves it. If he beats him handily a Diaz fight makes sense because the next few have recently lost and aren't ready for a shot again. Maybe have Robbie fight on that card against Maia for the next shot.

When I watched the post fight interview on Fox and brought up Nick Diaz, while Wonderboy was in the studio, I was like "what the fuck"? I realize that Woodley can't draw worth a shit, so he needs the biggest name out there to get them pay per view points, but Wonderboy is up next, and I hope Dana and the rest of the clowns that run the UFC make him fight the #1 contender right now, and that sure as fuck is not Diaz!!!!!!

There's also a good chance Woodley knows this play has a low chance to come true. He talked openly before the Rory fight that Rory's the toughest fight for him in the division. He could see the same in Thompson, so he could be testing the waters here and hoping he gets lucky, when knowing it's still likely gonna be Wonderboy.

I could see him getting his wish with his first fight being, Nick or GSP... But if it isnt Wonderboy that time it will be him after, I can't really picture anyone outside of maia maybe cause of the style upsetting Wonderboy I am buying the hype lol

I prefer a lawler diaz II than a woodley lnp on nick.
I always knew that tyron was smart, but he makes me scared last night, he seems to have always a next "chess move".

Hope dana and joe are about to put him at his place, and fight wonderboy.
boring patch, the woodley era
he wants to bore you to get rich

I prefer a lawler diaz II than a woodley lnp on nick.
I always knew that tyron was smart, but he makes me scared last night, he seems to have always a next "chess move".

Hope dana and joe are about to put him at his place, and fight wonderboy.

He's copying Bisping's matchmaking which is the smartest thing you can do.

I think theres a fine line between being smart and being scared in this situation. Woodley seems to be more towards the latter concerning Wonderboy. And why wouldn't he be? Wonder boy seems to be absolutely amazing at all the things that usually work well against Woodley.

The good thing about having a champ like Woodley is people will pay to see him knocked out.

Let's just hope he doesn't go the GSP route and turn into a LnP'er.
How will be lay n pray when his wrestling is half as good as Gsp

Watch Rory vs woodley

He isn't smart. Smart fighters know their worth. Woodley will face a potential draw and the top contender, Thompson, because Woodley isn't a draw. Can't call who he fights the same way as Conor or Ronda.

i think this is exactly why he called out a nick , worth a a shot

fight a legit draw, lots of buildup, (in his head) hopefully win and put a spotlight on him

wonderbro is a potential draw, woodley is a potential draw

Back