Woodley: "I just KO'd someone named Ruthless and I'm scared of someone named Wonderboy?"

If Woodley doesn't fight Wonderboy I want to see GSP beat him. While that fight is taking place I want to see Wonderboy fight and beat Lawler. Then Wonderboy vs. GSP for a true money fight.

Woodley is one of the few smart fighters out there and I wish him the best.
If you're a fighter and you're trying to make smart business decisions people are going to hate regardless, especially the hardcore MMA community.

GO Woodley!

You are probably one of the guys that was saying robbie would knock him out brutally in 1 round.

I actually thought he had a good chance of stopping Robbie early because Robbie had been wobbled in all his past couple of fights.

But Wonderboy is a completely different kind of fighter.

We've never seen anything quite like him in the UFC before.

Sure as fuck was scared of Rory though, to the point where he froze out of fear.

Edgar, Randy and Brock aren't anywhere near Bisping vs Hendo and Woodley vs Diaz which is what I'm complaining about.

In terms of what? How can you say a fighter coming off 2 consecutive losses like Edgar without ever having a win in the division he's fighting for the title in isn't as bad as Bisping vs Hendo? At least Hendo won his last fight and not only has wins in that division but he has a highlight reel KO over the current champion. Randy was coming off a KO loss at LHW, and was retired for over a year and was a color commentator for the UFC before going back to the ring to fight for the title. Brock tapped in his first fight in the UFC, then won a decision in his next fight vaulting him all the way up to being a title contender?

I don't see how you can objectively say that Bisping vs Hendo is a worse title fight to make than any of these.

Woodley is one of the few smart fighters out there and I wish him the best.
If you're a fighter and you're trying to make smart business decisions people are going to hate regardless, especially the hardcore MMA community.

GO Woodley!

Then on top of that it's probably some of the same people that are always in threads complaining about fighter pay.

A brother finally has an opportunity to get PAID and Sherdog CONVENIENTLY hates him for it. That's very typical of CERTAIN PEOPLE. The STRUGGLE is real and the DREAM has yet to be fulfilled.
I lol'd.
iu
iu

If he wasn't scared then he'd fight Wonderboy who is a clear no.1 contender then then have his big money fight afterwards

In terms of what? How can you say a fighter coming off 2 consecutive losses like Edgar without ever having a win in the division he's fighting for the title in isn't as bad as Bisping vs Hendo? At least Hendo won his last fight and not only has wins in that division but he has a highlight reel KO over the current champion. Randy was coming off a KO loss at LHW, and was retired for over a year and was a color commentator for the UFC before going back to the ring to fight for the title. Brock tapped in his first fight in the UFC, then won a decision in his next fight vaulting him all the way up to being a title contender?

I don't see how you can objectively say that Bisping vs Hendo is a worse title fight to make than any of these.
there isn't a point in edgar's career where him getting a title shot is worse than Hendo getting a title shot now. Hendo is 45 and his division is absolutely filled with fighters that would clown him. in terms of being competitive, his is the most abysmal title shot ever. comparable only to sonnen vs jones.

I'm sure if the UFC guaranteed Tyron the amount of money he'd likely get from ppv % for a fight against GSP to fight Wonderboy, he'd gladly take that fight. The UFC wouldn't do that because it wouldn't be a smart business move for them and they'd lose money

I agree. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a scenario that came up where the UFC said 'it's Thompson next or you'll get stripped of the belt' Imagine if he met with Dana with that as a negotiating tool and another thing he said about Thompson and why he doesn't feel like he has to fight him next is because 'Thompson hasn't being in the sport that long' the goof calling meter would explode.

He doesn't have a leg to stand on when it comes to calling his next fight. Even his first plan of thought seemed hurried and rushed by trying to get on the 202 card and giving Diaz or GSP less than a months notice.

For all these fighters who are looking to make more money, the UFC simply can bring up something like past viewership on cards they headlined or the gate at the event. The only thing which he doesn't seem to be doing or saying is that he KO'd someone who was on a tear inside 3 minutes - of course fans will say Lawler's chin was shot and it was inevitably going to happen - but instead he seems to be arguing with fans publicly and making himself look a bit of a twat.

Woodley would absolutely tool Thompson. Woodley wants the big money fights and nobody knows who Thompson is.

woodley is funny, and trolls generally well, i give him a B+

hopefully he keeps winning

No its not.

He is easily top 3 strikers to ever compete in the UFC.

That's what fans say about all fighters in the midst of a strong hypetrain/war wagon. When he starts to lose and fades, like Anthony Pettis did, the 'top 3 striker', 'once in a lifetime', 'never before seen' talk moderates or ends altogether.

Then on top of that it's probably some of the same people that are always in threads complaining about fighter pay.

I agree that they complain about fighter pay for Conor,Ronda,Bisping,Stipe,Weidman,Rockhold,etc...not for Rashad,Woodley,Rampage...you know THOSE guys that don't deserve anything.

When Rampage talked about fighter pay he was hated on even more.

That's what fans say about all up and comers. When he starts to lose and fades, like Anthony Pettis did, the 'top 3 striker', 'once in a lifetime', 'never before seen' talk moderates or ends altogether.
I feel you're wrong about wonderboy though

Back