Woodley has a pretty easy path to get at least 6 or 7 title defenses

hunt12

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Colby next who I think he starches. Maybe a cheap Nick Diaz fight and usman who is a poor man's Woodley + throw in ponzinibbio. GSP wants nothing to with Woodley. Go the wood

GSP wants nothing to with Woodley.

He's stated he wants to give fans big memorable fights. Clearly he doesn't feel Woodley will do that. He also would like to do something huge in his own words, and most take that to mean being a three division champ. Hence he's slimming down to 155.

He's stated he wants to give fans big memorable fights. Clearly he doesn't feel Woodley will do that. He also would like to do something huge in his own words, and most take that to mean being a three division champ. Hence he's slimming down to 155.
If gsp beats this prime Woodley he is the undisputed GOAT. Me as a fan would love to see that

If Woodley keeps winning and there is a question mark over the GOAT WW then he will have to take that fight if he cares about his legacy.

If gsp beats this prime Woodley he is the undisputed GOAT. Me as a fan would love to see that

GSP doesn't need to beat Woodley. GSP is already the greatest WW of all time. Woodley is chasing him to be the greatest. GSP has done all there is to do in the WW division, he doesn't need, or want, to go back there. He's done enough for MMA and the UFC and now he gets to choose what he wants, because he's earned that. GSP was the PPV King long before Conor. He made the UFC lots of money and now he gets to make the money.

He should challenge for the MW tittle after he is done with Colby and Usman imo, there'll be no one else left in that division after those two.

GSP doesn't need to beat Woodley. GSP is already the greatest WW of all time. Woodley is chasing him to be the greatest. GSP has done all there is to do in the WW division, he doesn't need, or want, to go back there. He's done enough for MMA and the UFC and now he gets to choose what he wants, because he's earned that. GSP was the PPV King long before Conor. He made the UFC lots of money and now he gets to make the money.
I agree. However the jbg in me would love to see the argument settled

The division is not what it was when GSP was king. It used to be a real shark tank. Now it is a division full of whatevers.
Woodley is the best WW but he's stuck, with no competition I can't see a way for him to be GOAT. If you defend twenty times and face three quality opponents, so what?

Khabib will move up and take that belt from him and go down as the one true GOAT.

Colby next who I think he starches. Maybe a cheap Nick Diaz fight and usman who is a poor man's Woodley + throw in ponzinibbio. GSP wants nothing to with Woodley. Go the wood

If GSP returns he will stagger Woodley. And if Woodley continues to win I think he might very well rub the GOAT the wrong way.

After this performance from Woodley, I think GSP can see a good fight for him there.

Big gsp fan but thats bs.. he know woodley beats him. Hes ducking.

If Woodley keeps winning and there is a question mark over the GOAT WW then he will have to take that fight if he cares about his legacy.

Yea, if Woodley lasts half as long at the top as GSP did, GSP will clearly have to fight him or risk losing this legacy of fighting at the top for twice as long.

The division is not what it was when GSP was king. It used to be a real shark tank. Now it is a division full of whatevers.
Woodley is the best WW but he's stuck, with no competition I can't see a way for him to be GOAT. If you defend twenty times and face three quality opponents, so what?
Take off your nostalgia lenses, the young WWs of today beat most of GSPs opposition with ease.

Take off your nostalgia lenses, the young WWs of today beat most of GSPs opposition with ease.

Care to elaborate on this? Like give some break downs of the current top 10 and how they would maul the top 10 from like 5-10 years ago? I don't see a dramatic shift in skills sets and overall depth, so your analysis would be welcome here.

Back