Woodley could have waited for Colbyington

Calipwnia

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
He has waited so long, ducking, dodging, surgerying, tmzing etc.

If he wanted to give the rightful #1 contender a shot at the belt he could have made 1 of a million excuses again but he accepted the Till fight.

Till beat Cerrone and didn’t make weight by 4 FUCKING POUNDS vs Thompson and he gets the title shot.

What happened? Do they think Till is a future star and hope he can keep making 170? Did TWood think Till is a better chance to win than Colbington?

I wish fighters had more incentives to fight more often.

If he wanted to give the rightful #1 contender a shot at the belt he could have made 1 of a million excuses again but he accepted the Till fight.

Till beat Cerrone and didn’t make weight by 4 FUCKING POUNDS vs Thompson and he gets the title shot.

What happened? Do they think Till is a future star and hope he can keep making 170? Did TWood think Till is a better chance to win than Colbington?

It is bullshit that they couldn't wait 1 month for the interim belt holder to be ready to fight. Trouble is with all these cards this summer (double title cards in particular) the UFC overbooked and you have divisions being held up. They needed a September card so they screwed Covington naturally. The idea that Till will make weight or destroy Woodley to me is laughable after his Wondergirl performance. I can't stand Woodley but I'm hoping he merks Till and ends the lame hypetrain. I live in Texas wanted to go to this fight but Schevchenko will KO that Nico chick so fast and nobody trying to watch Snoozemon fight Woodley either.

It was UFC's decision, not Tyron's.

But he didn’t

rren-till-ufc-25th-anniversary-press-conference-staredown-mma-fighting-W9ECm8rx3Eg.jpg

Not like he took the easy fight. Till looks scary as hell standing next to woodley. Colby looks like that little Munster kid

MV5BMTc3NTk3MjYyM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTU1NjczMjE@._V1_UY268_CR87,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Last edited:
Probs got offered a bunch of money. Usually how it goes.

I'm sure he would've preferred Colby. Woodley has zero say in who has to fight, the UFC determines that or they take the belt off him.

Champ shouldn't have to wait for challenger. Plus Woodley hasn't fought in a while, he trying to get paid.

Yeah but fighters can duck and make excuses to try and get the fight they want. I want to know why after so long he is fighting Till. UFC forced him how?

I loved the part where Till said that he didn't see any bitch in Tyrone and that he didn't seem scared. What he really meant: Tyrone is a scared bitch.

High level psychology at work here folks.

One of those situations were I can't work who I most want to lose.

fack colby he should go with that retired interim title to trump again.

Colby crying berggade let's not pretend that 228 and Woodley defending wasn't the plan since colby won his fight in June, guy wanted to hide on a bigger card and pretend he was a draw, ufc don't play that game where no name challengers dictate how he company runs, colby got a nose job to duck this fight, Till vs Woodley is a great fight no need to wait on that princess.

Yes, agreed. I’m not a big fan of Woodley (though I do respect him), but he gets blamed by both UFC and fans for many things that he should not be.

Waited for who??

Yeah but fighters can duck and make excuses to try and get the fight they want. I want to know why after so long he is fighting Till. UFC forced him how?

They needed a main event for UFC 228, for starters, and probably finessed him into taking the fight instead of waiting for Colby. Plus being out for a year, he probably wants to get paid ASAP.

I remember him saying in an interview after UFC 225 that RDA should have just waited another month or two and that would've been the title fight instead of that interim fight. But RDA was under the assumption that Woodley would be out until the end of the year and he didn't want to wait.

In other words, it could have just been RDA vs Woodley in July or August, now it's the next guy in line (Till) instead of Colby.

Back